Value of: A couple Sharks

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Specifically, Chris Tierney (23 year old C, coming off a nice 40 point season, great PKer, RFA) and Justin Braun (31 year old RHD, shutdown player, makes $3.8M for the next two years). But feel free to ask after just about anyone. Not all that interested in moving Hertl, Burns, Meier, and Couture, but ask away.

Would be looking for futures or an upgrade on Braun at D. Can take on cap if necessary.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
What's the report on Braun for his time as a Shark? Strengths and weaknesses?
Also what is the ask on him from FLA? Think he would fit in nicely on 2nd pairing and Boughner knows his game already.

Reactions: Laus723

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
Braun worth a mid first to the right team.
Hard to say what Tierney’s value is. IF sharks land Tavares, I could see Tierney swapped with a young & fast 40 point winger.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
We don’t really need another bottom-4 defender though. Honestly the only real upgrades would be on DeMelo or Ryan. I dunno if we get that for Tierney.
We’d definitely be able to get an upgrade on DeMelo for Tierney. Hell we could get an upgrade on DeMelo for a 5th as seen by the Schlemko to MTL trade

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Specifically, Chris Tierney (23 year old C, coming off a nice 40 point season, great PKer, RFA) and Justin Braun (31 year old RHD, shutdown player, makes $3.8M for the next two years). But feel free to ask after just about anyone. Not all that interested in moving Hertl, Burns, Meier, and Couture, but ask away.

Would be looking for futures or an upgrade on Braun at D. Can take on cap if necessary.
Baertschi for Tierney

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
From Toronto would you take a 1st for both?

Can't answer for them but that seems low. Especially if the asking price is around a mid-first for Braun alone.

I agree. Toronto should be willing to bid higher than that.

Tierney is a good young 2-way pivot. He's a perfect, and long-term, Bozak replacement on the 3rd line.

And Braun is a right handed vet defender who plays over 21 minutes a game. He's a big, steady, no nonsense player.

Those are literally 2 perfect fits for Toronto's 2 biggest needs this offseason.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
What's the ask on Donskoi for the Rangers? I love his game
I'd be very interested in Meier as well but I doubt he's available unless overpayment.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
We can't really offer an upgrade at D, per se...unless we made some blockbuster that would be too touchy for either team to commit to...but do you see a reasonable scenario to get Justin Braun to Pittsburgh...? I'd love to kick that can down the road a little bit, if possible...

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Some combo of 1st, 2nd, Brown, Gardiner for both, 1st+/Brown+ for Braun alone.

Or, stepping into the crazy zone- how much more would you add for Nylander?

Last edited:

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
I think the Sharks would be better off moving Dillon than Braun. Dillon is younger, cheaper and not as good. I just don't think they can get enough for Braun to make it worth it to trade him.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
From Toronto would you take a 1st for both?

No. Braun could on a good day bring back a late 1st. Tierney as a young producing center probably could at this point as well. For me, if Toronto wanted both, I'd want Gardiner and I'd want something else whether it's another asset like our 2nd back or for the Leafs to take Paul Martin or Melker Karlsson.

Reactions: iSophagus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad