GDT: A Confidence Game|Jackets v Bruins|4-2-19|7 p.m.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
BTW, I hate the NHL point system. We have three more wins than Montreal (three more ROWs too) but lead them by just two points in the standings. Stupid stuff!

The NHL is not about how many games you win...its more about not losing games in regulation.

How would you do it? Because from past comparisons of various proposed systems that I've seen, it rarely changes the standings. If you're thinking it should be 3 points for a win, 2 points for OT/SO win and 1 point for OT/SO Loss, that would actually give Habs a slight advantage. Under that system, CBJ would only be up two points on Montreal, which means Habs could JUMP OVER Jackets if they beat TB in regulation tonight and Jackets lose in regulation to BOS (versus current system where Habs at best can tie CBJ and then lose the tiebreaker on ROW).

THREE POINT SYSTEM
CBJ: 128 points (36 regulation wins, 9 OT/SO wins and 4 OT/SO losses)
MON: 126 points (36 regulation wins, 6 OT/SO wins and 8 OT/SO losses)

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I have a bad feeling about this and Im out of vodka :/

this is not good ;P

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Have to watch the recording later, bah!
I just want a short replay of Marchand getting pasted. That is all.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
How would you do it? Because from past comparisons of various proposed systems that I've seen, it rarely changes the standings. If you're thinking it should be 3 points for a win, 2 points for OT/SO win and 1 point for OT/SO Loss, that would actually give Habs a slight advantage. Under that system, CBJ would only be up two points on Montreal, which means Habs could JUMP OVER Jackets if they beat TB in regulation tonight and Jackets lose in regulation to BOS (versus current system where Habs at best can tie CBJ and then lose the tiebreaker on ROW).

THREE POINT SYSTEM
CBJ: 128 points (36 regulation wins, 9 OT/SO wins and 4 OT/SO losses)
MON: 126 points (36 regulation wins, 6 OT/SO wins and 8 OT/SO losses)

First of all, get rid of Shootouts. Stupid and boring as hell. Would be like having baseball settle ties with a homerun hitting contest or basketball with a three point shooting contest. I actually turn the TV off when a game goes to OT...and I walk out to lobby area to wait for friends/family rather than sit in seat for SO. Torts says play 3 v 3 until someone wins...I am OK with that. If you don't like that...then go back to ties, play 3 v 3 for five minutes and if nobody wins give each team one point.

Secondly, wins are wins and losses are losses. You get two points for a win and zero points for a loss. It's not that hard. Why should games settled in regulation be worth two points and games settle in OT be worth three? Its moronic. Only in the NHL. If you lose in OT in MLB, NFL or NBA do you get some partial credit? Of course not. But in the NHL it seems everyone gets a participation trophy. Give me a break.

BTW, I am not even looking at how it affects us this year. Its about how things should work logically.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I have a bad feeling tonight is going to go the worst way possible. Way too much positives recently, and the CBJ never make it that easy.

Reactions: CBJ VGK and Madifer

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
My main concern is National TV... I wish it was local. We haven't clinched anything yet, the Jackets need to win this..

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Well I live in Europe and nightshops only sell undrinkable vodka like absolut or smirnoff. I cant poison myself with any of that so "getting more" is impossible :/

Get drunk before you drink it, problem solved.

Reactions: RickS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad