GDT: A Confidence Game|Jackets v Bruins|4-2-19|7 p.m.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Is Tuesday the crap the bed night at NWA or is it Thursday? I can't remember. Regardless it would behoove the boys to play like their playoff lives depend on it.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
That hit to the head has resulted in McQuaid having questionable decision-making regarding the people he hangs out with.

Bruins have been struggling down the stretch - The Boston Globe

"Another Blue Jackets deadline pickup, old friend Adam McQuaid, missed Sunday’s game after taking a forearm to the head from Montreal’s Andrew Shaw on Thursday. Shaw, a longtime heel in Black and Gold country, was not disciplined for the hit, which an irate coach John Tortorella called “ridiculously suspendable.” McQuaid appeared to be feeling fine Monday afternoon. He was spotted strolling around Columbus’ downtown area with former teammate Brad Marchand. Both teams had the day off from practice."

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Like an amnesia thing from a 70s TV show?

See the 6th list item below:
concussions.jpg

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Signs I might have a concussion but no in fact I'm just a dummy.

1) I counted five things.
2) I thought at first maybe you were effing with me.
3) Then I realized there are six things.
4) It's still funny and also not so at my expense, which is good.
5) And I don't, apparently, have a concussion, which is also good.
6) Yes I made this list five things on purpose.
7) Dammit!

Reactions: Madifer

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Signs I might have a concussion but no in fact I'm just a dummy.

1) I counted five things.
2) I thought at first maybe you were effing with me.
3) Then I realized there are six things.
4) It's still funny and also not so at my expense, which is good.
5) And I don't, apparently, have a concussion, which is also good.
6) Yes I made this list five things on purpose.
7) Dammit!

Damn it I missed a golden opportunity to eff with you. :(

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Last game I said I was scared that the Bergeron line would put up three goals and they did. Good thing Columbus put up 7.

I don't see 7-4 this time. 4-2 Jackets

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Have a bad feeling about this one - B's need to win to ensure home-ice advantage over the Leafs. They've played poorly of late, and it just seems like the Jackets are due for a clunker. Really hope I'm wrong.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I concur with some of the other posters, this has all the makings of a CBJ clunker.

With that being said, if they play 60 solid mins. and pick up 2 pts., it will give me a lot of confidence about where this team is at and their prospects in the playoffs.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
We had snow in Charlotte today*. There’s absolutely no correlation here but I’m looking at it as a sign. We’s Gonna Win!!!

*not really, it was basically one big flake

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
After the win over Montreal, I looked at the remaining five games on the schedule and this was the game that bothered me the most. Nashville is good but they were on the back end of back to backs and Sabres have been struggling for months and have little left to play for. Rangers should be playing for draft seeding and the Sens are building for the future. That left a Boston team that had won five of its last six.

Times have changed, Bruins have lost two in a row and even though their playoff seed is fairly set, they need to get back on the winning track before the post-season and still need to put one in the W column to secure home ice advantage in the first round vs Toronto. They finish with MN and Tampa so no game is a gimme and they have to make each one count until they get one.

I love the way we are playing right now but its hard to sustain that level for so many games. Odds we finish season on an 8-0 run is unlikely. I could see us losing tonight, clinching Friday and then letting Korpi finish the season on Saturday.

Edited: Speedy posted while I was writing mine. We are in agreement :)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It's not news and people been saying it but to read it in print all official-like at NHL.com is...

The Columbus Blue Jackets will clinch a playoff berth:
*If they defeat the Boston Bruins (7 p.m. ET; NBCSN, NESN, NHL.TV) in any fashion AND the Canadiens lose to the Lightning in regulation

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
BTW, I hate the NHL point system. We have three more wins than Montreal (three more ROWs too) but lead them by just two points in the standings. Stupid stuff!

The NHL is not about how many games you win...its more about not losing games in regulation.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Need to close it out tonight and hope for a patented TBL steamroll of MTL, coupled with a TOR win over CAR.

NYR don't have a lot of talent, but that team does not quit....they will make us play a full 60 mins.

My worst fear is us going to OTT on Saturday needing a win and them having a chance to spoil Duchene and Dzingel's playoff hopes.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
DO13.jpg
Dan O'Halloran hates Tortorella, he's the POS that called a delay of game penalty on the Jackets when Nuti had cut laces earlier this year in Carolina

JS12.jpg
St. Penis is a f***ing clown

Expect the unexpected from these 2 morons tonight

Last edited:

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
It would be nice to be able to rest some guys on the final game. Lot of games for Bob, lot of minutes for a lot of guys on this run.

I just really get worried if we're fighting thru the 82nd game that those tired legs will get exposed in playoffs.

Reactions: Madifer

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Have a bad feeling about this one - B's need to win to ensure home-ice advantage over the Leafs. They've played poorly of late, and it just seems like the Jackets are due for a clunker. Really hope I'm wrong.

I concur with some of the other posters, this has all the makings of a CBJ clunker.

With that being said, if they play 60 solid mins. and pick up 2 pts., it will give me a lot of confidence about where this team is at and their prospects in the playoffs.

:tmi: :tmi:
They will indeed win tonight!!! I'm going to be there and simply won't accept losing!! :scared:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad