98th Obsequious Banter Thread: One balloon away from 99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Are you trying to tell us you're a big fan of the changes without telling us you're a big fan?
ryan-reynolds-smile.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Another feedback, from my experience (especially with kremlobots) on Facebook, the variety of reactions on the "like" button only feeds more trolling and flaming. So I'd be VERY careful with that.

I think we should all agree to just use the default Like thing, not only for your reasons, but because it seems like way too much effort to go through them all and choose every time you Like something. I mean, that would mean like 200-400 extra choices I have to make every single day. F*** that.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I think we should all agree to just use the default Like thing, not only for your reasons, but because it seems like way too much effort to go through them all and choose every time you Like something. I mean, that would mean like 200-400 extra choices I have to make every single day. F*** that.

Yes, this. Well, it would be considerably fewer choices a day for me, but still. f*** that. And f*** "reacting" to the authentic fans and contrarians and building up their stupid like scores or whatever. No, let there asses be ratioed as they deserve.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Oh you had best bet your sweet butt when somebody says something stupid I’m going to laugh at them.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
That's exactly what I meant. I think Winston mentioned it in the roster thread "now I can laugh at him without posting". That's exactly it - there may have been a group of people who simply thought "why bother" and didn't respond to a "dumb post". Now there will be way more squirming of people laughing at an "ostracized" poster and I'm not sure that's a good thing.
I know it may sound weird from me who is known to be a jerk quite often, but this will inevitably lead to an even more toxic environment. I don't think this was a good move.

I understand the appeal, I might actually be doing something similar with my "lickballs.gif" posts at times, and I know this is a good move from the perspective of engagement rate. But this is a huge risk for the room to be lost completely.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I gotta say it looks wayyyy better (read also: good?) on desktop where the layout is wider, like landscape mode. On mobile where your screen is portrait mode everything is squeezed and it looks messy

Reactions: Cody Webster

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I gotta say it looks wayyyy better (read also: good?) on desktop where the layout is wider, like landscape mode. On mobile where your screen is portrait mode everything is squeezed and it looks messy

Yeah, I liked it better once I found the width toggle button.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Update re: floorball play-offs (we're at quarterfinal stage, best of 5, facing our arch-rivals). We won in overtime 5:4, comeback from 2:4 @ 50min mark. This will be exciting series for neutral fans, to say the least, and absolute nerve-wreck for teams involved. I feel for the refs that had to handle what happened on the field today, because female play-off games is a HungerGame-esque controlled brutal chaos, whose extent can only be understood by witnessing it live. Basically, if you send someone in the boards or slash someone's ankles, there's not a target on your back, just a ticking timer till you find yourself teeth dangerously close the ground yourself. But not in a open, braw-like way, no no no, we - women - have a particular skill to do it so covertly that it won't even get a whistle, just a confusion split second after, as in - how did she went from having possession to face in the wall so quick? Right away? No, boring. It will happen in the perfect moment, maybe 3 minutes, maybe 10 minutes later (why? see above - most covert way possible).

Edit: we also have a skill of being just-on-the-line aggressive, meaning, nothing that is done warrants a penalty, but everyone after the final whistle can play a game of ''how many bruises I have? open cuts count as two''

Aaaaaaaaaaanyway, GOD, I need a beer now.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Soccer/Football fans - is Ronaldo the goat? Why? Why is it not Messi? Is there someone else in the conversation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad