OT: 97th Obsequious Banter Thread: The No Choking Zone (Adventure, post 159)

A great decision lays before us. What do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
there's a twitter thing not so how accurate that some Russian soldiers asked Ukrainian police for fuel because they were out. lol

Like calling cops when someone steals your drugs

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
there's a twitter thing not so how accurate that some Russian soldiers asked Ukrainian police for fuel because they were out. lol

Like calling cops when someone steals your drugs

There was also a tweet about russian soldiers captured in the same part of the country - those soldiers reportedly claimed they were only called up for a practice drill and didnt know about an invasion.

This is very Prague 68-ish, all the soviet soldiers were told to come over here to "stop fascist counter-revolution" and the young lads were very surprised to find angry civilized comrades from Czechoslovakia

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
There was also a tweet about russian soldiers captured in the same part of the country - those soldiers reportedly claimed they were only called up for a practice drill and didnt know about an invasion.

This is very Prague 68-ish, all the soviet soldiers were told to come over here to "stop fascist counter-revolution" and the young lads were very surprised to find angry civilized comrades from Czechoslovakia

Same type of rhetoric in advance of the invasion as well.

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Same type of rhetoric in advance of the invasion as well.

Absolutely. The playbook is the same, be it USSR 68 or Germany 38 on us. All I can say is I guess Russia felt (still feels?) very comfortable doing this after poisoning the european information landscape with mass misinformation since at least 2014 to help that rhetoric.

(re: 38 - except the "fascist" rhetoric, this was the other half of the rhetoric: "help our citizens in that country", see also Crimea 2014)

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Hey Capt'n heard they are banning books in Missouri.....again.......PA is trying to do the same.......remember when Henry Miller's books were banned....Tropic of Cancer, etc.......

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Russian aircraft (large airlines and private jets) have been officially banned from all EU airspace. Their largest banks are about to be cut-off from making transactions with the entire EU. Russian people are running to their banks to get their money out while they still may be able to.

Russia may be in a Great Depression within days.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Russian aircraft (large airlines and private jets) have been officially banned from all EU airspace. Their largest banks are about to be cut-off from making transactions with the entire EU. Russian people are running to their banks to get their money out while they still may be able to.

Russia may be in a Great Depression within days.
Guess we await MAD....

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Russians are probably using captured 1941 6th Army German maps. [ Deutsche Karten Armee]

Russian captain to soldiers:

Я не могу читать эти немецкие карты... я вообще не умею читать!! [ I cannot read these German maps.....I cannot read at all]

Ukrainians are great at partisan warfare......ask the Germans......

Reactions: Asnito

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Absolutely. The playbook is the same, be it USSR 68 or Germany 38 on us. All I can say is I guess Russia felt (still feels?) very comfortable doing this after poisoning the european information landscape with mass misinformation since at least 2014 to help that rhetoric.

(re: 38 - except the "fascist" rhetoric, this was the other half of the rhetoric: "help our citizens in that country", see also Crimea 2014)

I like how they’re using Neo-Nazi rhetoric to justify their invasion. Like Ukraine is the only place in the world where Neo-Nazi’s roam. Surely there’s none in Russia? :laugh:

That’s a problem that a lot of countries have to deal with. If that’s your standard of justification a lot of countries could be invaded.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

WTF is with Putin and his big ass tables? Supposedly when he met with was it Macron(Edit* Actually was Trudeau) It was 'due to COVID precautions', but this is his own military cabinet.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I like how they’re using Neo-Nazi rhetoric to justify their invasion. Like Ukraine is the only place in the world where Neo-Nazi’s roam. Surely there’s none in Russia? :laugh:

That’s a problem that a lot of countries have to deal with. If that’s your standard of justification a lot of countries could be invaded.

One more hilarious aspect of that reasoning is Zelensky, UA president, is a Jew and his grandparents were in concentration camps afaik

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

Within a day went from converting 83 rubles into 1 us dollar to 171 rubles to 1 us dollar.

bolsaarroxa-arroxa.gif

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

Within a day went from converting 83 rubles into 1 us dollar to 171 rubles to 1 us dollar.

bolsaarroxa-arroxa.gif

This reminds me of another early communist Cz/Sk situation. In 1953, there were rumours that there will be a monetary reform. Cz/Sk president Antonín Zápotocký claimed on the 26th of May that there will be no such reform done. However, on the 1st of June the reform was carried out.
The exchange rate to the new currency was brutal, for example cash from a relatively low amount was exchanged with rate of 1:50 (!!!), savings exchange rates escalated over various exchange rates, but even those went to absurd points like 25:1/30:1/50:1.
Basically everyone should be similar amount of poor, eh

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
This is the craziest time to watch some curious stuff going on flightradar. Aside from various US drones (forte 11, forte 12) that were visible over the past few days, there is a strong presence of refuellers over the past few days.

Also. What the hell can an RAF Airbus transport from Cyprus to somewhere around Romania right now?

upload_2022-2-27_19-46-49.png

edit - aaah it is another refueller

Last edited:

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Guys from Georgia refused to refuel a Russian ship. Part of the dialogue "Russian ship, F you. Glory to Ukraine"

This is hilarious. As soon as they realize it's a Russian ship, they refuse to refuel. Russian ship says ''keep politics out of this, we are running out of fuel'' and Georgian guy answers ''Russkij korablj, idi nahui [Russian ship, go f*** yourself]'', the other one goes ''F***ing occupants'', then ''If you're out of fuel you can paddle your damn way to shore; Slava Ukraine, glory to Ukraine''

Last edited:

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
This is hilarious. As soon as they realize it's a Russian ship, they refuse to refuel. Russian ship says ''keep politics out of this, we are running out of fuel'' and Gergian guy answers ''Russkij korablj, idi nahui [Russian ship, go f*** yourself]'', the other one goes ''F***ing occupants'', then ''If you're out of fuel you can paddle your damn way to shore; Slava Ukraine, glory to Ukraine''

Yeah my prior source said he guesses there was something about paddling, but I couldnt get it verified :laugh: thanks for that :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad