OT: 97th Obsequious Banter Thread: The No Choking Zone (Adventure, post 159)

A great decision lays before us. What do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
@trostol

This year it is 4 players on IPL retention list.
Maximum of 3x domestic players.
Maximum of 2x overseas players.

To retain though teams have to pay as well. So if want to retain 4x players? Have to shell out 42 crore... which is deducted from amount of 90 able to bid with, to retain 4 players. 33 crore to retain 3.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
New inspirational material for the bulletin board in the Flyers locker room

full

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Translation for non-Jarheads? :laugh:
They already have an intel ship nearby. With the addition of these, they may actually start the invasion.
After watching this recent training drill, I’m slightly less worried about America getting involved with Russia. This is godawful training and execution.

I know you don’t like Fox News, but the dude stole the video from a verified account in Russian. I didn’t feel like finding that one to share

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They already have an intel ship nearby. With the addition of these, they may actually start the invasion.
After watching this recent training drill, I’m slightly less worried about America getting involved with Russia. This is godawful training and execution.

This looks like a bunch of fat guys cos-playing as soldiers :laugh:

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017

I know you don’t like Fox News, but the dude stole the video from a verified account in Russian. I didn’t feel like finding that one to share

That seemed a little sketchy to be using live rounds but you would know better.

I also got the sense they might have been separatists rather than full time soldiers.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Things might get a little spicy soon

I'm no expert or even very learned in military weapons, vehicles, tactics, etc... but I had read a story earlier this week that seemed to indicate a possible sign might be Russia actually moving ships further away from the area because the Javelin missiles that have been heavily supplied to Ukraine from the US/NATO are dangers to ships as well.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
That seemed a little sketchy to be using live rounds but you would know better.

I also got the sense they might have been separatists rather than full time soldiers.
Blanks not live rounds. Still lethal as they don’t seem to have any blank firing adaptors on them. There’s a reason their CBRN has a 6-10% casualty rate.
According to the original tweet it’s supposed to be their special forces.

I don’t buy that, but I could see this being normal infantry.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Bathroom remodel update...had a hell of a time finding a tub and surround that would work in stock given current supply issues...I got the tub home and took it out to measure everything up...its cracked :(.

Remedies are:
wait another 2 weeks for another one to be shipped to my local HD
use a similarly sized one from Lowes (I bought the one that matches the surround I bought so I'd like to use them both)
drive an hr to Lansdale HD where they have one in stock

I did a partial demo cause I knew we were having people over on sunday so I kept the bathroom useable in case anyone needed it. No one did lol. So far just a lot of wasted time. I did find a massive beehive in my ceiling above the shower though
2022-02-03.jpg

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Bathroom remodel update...had a hell of a time finding a tub and surround that would work in stock given current supply issues...I got the tub home and took it out to measure everything up...its cracked :(.

Remedies are:
wait another 2 weeks for another one to be shipped to my local HD
use a similarly sized one from Lowes (I bought the one that matches the surround I bought so I'd like to use them both)
drive an hr to Lansdale HD where they have one in stock

I did a partial demo cause I knew we were having people over on sunday so I kept the bathroom useable in case anyone needed it. No one did lol. So far just a lot of wasted time. I did find a massive beehive in my ceiling above the shower though
View attachment 505570
Can they ship intrastore from Lansdale? Might be worth calling them to see.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
@trostol

This year it is 4 players on IPL retention list.
Maximum of 3x domestic players.
Maximum of 2x overseas players.

To retain though teams have to pay as well. So if want to retain 4x players? Have to shell out 42 crore... which is deducted from amount of 90 able to bid with, to retain 4 players. 33 crore to retain 3.

and basically, everyone else you don't keep on the team is available to other teams? if so that's wild and I want other sports to try this every decade or something lol

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Can they ship intrastore from Lansdale? Might be worth calling them to see.
nah I spent like 30 minutes on the phone and another 30 with online customer service. They gave me a credit for dealing with the BS but my only options going to get it or waiting for another shipment

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
re: Macbook users

Anyone ever replace their hard drive? My wifes just failed and really dont feel like buying a new computer. It doesn't seem too difficult

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Blanks not live rounds. Still lethal as they don’t seem to have any blank firing adaptors on them. There’s a reason their CBRN has a 6-10% casualty rate.
According to the original tweet it’s supposed to be their special forces.

I don’t buy that, but I could see this being normal infantry.

Speaking of Steven Segal all he needed was some starbursts to blow up Gary Bussey on a sub in Under Siege.

Reactions: Lord Defect
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad