Prospect Info: 95th overall (2017): Vancouver selects D Jack Rathbone | Will he sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
For what it's worth I've heard that Rathbone watches Rick and Morty, and you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volyaliterature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
Or maybe he just likes the fart and penis jokes?

Reactions: Catbug

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
lmao m2b clowned you guys, he’s right class of 99 graduated last year. He isn’t even a late birthday, relatively early one. Going to be 19 when he graduates.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Reactions: timw33

black ace

Jul 4, 2006
Vancouver
I think he does 2 years at Harvard then signs. His upside is huge but obviously there's a good chance he never makes it.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I know it's only a limited sample size at Prospects Development Camp, but Rathbone might be one of the most improved prospects from last year. Hard to believe that he toiled in high-school hockey all last season.

The kid has a skill that rarely can be taught or developed once a player is drafted--he's an elite level skater and his shot is light-years ahead of where it was last year. Looking like a late-round steal by Brackett and the college scouting staff.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i dunno about losing him, but i would offer him a contract right now if he wants one while being fully supportive if he wants to go to school. i would also designate him for vip treatment and make sure we talk to him and see him regularly.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
i dunno about losing him, but i would offer him a contract right now if he wants one while being fully supportive if he wants to go to school. i would also designate him for vip treatment and make sure we talk to him and see him regularly.

If he sign that contract. He can't go back to school

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Rathbone is the exact kind of player the Canucks need. Someone who came out of no where and didn’t have high expectations.

Hughes and Juolevi are the foundation and are happening this year.

Players like Brisebois, Sautner and Chatfield are 1-2 years away.

Players like Rathbone that are on. 2-4 year tragectory are important so not everyone is ready at the same time.

I’m hoping he stays at least 2-3 years in school and dominates.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Clearly an intriguing skill set, but I really don't have any actual games to base his play off of.

The first year at Harvard is going to be extremely telling and if he makes the transition seamlessly we might have to start considering this guy to be a legitimate prospect.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
I'm no scout but I notice a few things about Rathbone (also think he's improved since these highlights).

-Guy oozes confidence, doesn't get rattled or shaken when someone is checking him.
-Doesn't always move his feet, probably lack of competition.
-Very smooth skater, loves rushing the puck.
-Excellent ability to break the puck out.
-Wicked shot.
-Go to 1:07 and watch his monster hit.
-I think the extra year of high school will require him to spend minimum 2-3 in college to develop the right habits.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
If he sign that contract. He can't go back to school
Is he ready for AHL? Or would a nother year a school be good for his development? I hadnt seen the scrimmage but heard hes looked pretty good

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Is he ready for AHL? Or would a nother year a school be good for his development? I hadnt seen the scrimmage but heard hes looked pretty good

I was at the prospects game. He looked good, he has elite skating and moves the puck really well. I would say he is not ready for the ahl. Reason being I think he played in some high school league last year. High school to the ahl is a hugh jump.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Going the NCAA route is probably best for his development at this point. There is no rush in needing to sign him and get him to play in the AHL. The guy is coming out of a high school league :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad