Prospect Info: 95th overall (2017): Vancouver selects D Jack Rathbone | Will he sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Not thrilled with the pick. Numbers this past season don't impress me, and committing to Harvard for me is a red flag. Would have much preferred Hoefenmayer (on D) or Strome as a forward.

IF he does pan out though, I like the idea of calling our defensive end the Bone yard whenever he's on the ice.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Like others, this is the first pick I'm not exactly enthusiastic about. Would have probably prefered Benning traded down in the 4th round at this stage and recouped a pick in the 5th or 6th.

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
Was hoping for Hoefenmayer, but seems like an alright pickup. Will take time to see

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Not thrilled with the pick. Numbers this past season don't impress me, and committing to Harvard for me is a red flag. Would have much preferred Hoefenmayer (on D) or Strome as a forward.

IF he does pan out though, I like the idea of calling our defensive end the Bone yard whenever he's on the ice.
Canucks potentially got rathboned

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Our American scouts have made good picks lately, so I trust them with this pick. I know literally nothing about him. :laugh:

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
I don't know much about him. Seems like a good character kid, an undersized puck moving D committed to Harvard for next year. I'll reserve judgement for a while, this draft as a whole is pretty good.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Well, we're lucky he's going to Harvard that team is just all offense, kind of a bummer that a lot of their best players are moving on but they still have some good players ready to step up. He'll probably be with Adam Fox for most of the season, who is also a solid puck moving defenseman. That alone will make this team a whole lot better.

Also, talked to my father, and he told me Harvard doesn't have a Bachelor's program, that means that we don't really have that much of a risk of him staying 4 years if he breaks out year 1/2.

Another thing about Harvard that will benefit Rathbone a lot is the fact that they understand fast pace, transitional hockey. It's basically the best program for him to go into and plug and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad