OT: 95th Obsequious Banter Thread: Where 88 reigns as MVP (Adventure Cont., post #277)

The Stone King is ours. He asks us for glory.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Every once in a while, I get the craving for a burrito bowl, and I have to convince myself Chipotle will be better than the last time. It never is. It sucks.

I only went there once and had no desire to ever go back. I'd rather set my money on fire. If zero dollars could burn, I would set them on fire right now just thinking about it.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I thought it was better when it first was in operation and before all the food poisoning episodes. It has sucked ever since.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Pancheros is the best imo. It is a more local chain though.

Moe's and Qdoba are miles better than Chipotle.

But if you actually want a good bowl, El Diablo in Newark, DE was the spot. Would eat there once a week in college

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I cant eat at Mexican places in general. Most suck. (though guess not the case in US aha... especially south and south west.)

Better just to make it at home. It is so cheap to do in general too. Even though have to order in Tomatillo's, Epazote and Chipotle in adobo in special from online.

Tbf though I reckon like 7 of my 14 meals a week are Mexican/Tex Mex lmao.

There has been:

1x good Burrito place (Pancho's in Manchester)
1x good general Mexican (3 Amigo's in Lisbon)

that have been "good" I have ever been to. Both actually ran by Mexicans though.

"Mexican" food in Europe is generally horrific.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Tex Mex is great at home because you can make 4-6 meals out of it. You can make it healthy. And it just tastes good in general.

My weekly diet is like 50%:

Bruch/lunch:

Huevos Rancheros
Huevos Ahogados
Chilaquiles
Veggies breakfast burrito
Torta (avocado and scrambled egg is my fave)
Torta Ahogada

Dinner:

Enchiladas
Chili
Tinga-tinga
Quesadilla
Soft tacos

+ Chilaquiles, Huevos Rancheros and Huevos Ahogados which are fine dinner foods...

Plus I made my own brunch dish inspired by the cuisine. Huevos Sofocaros lmao.
Similar to Ahogados but with a thicker sauce with black beans and chipotle.

Occasionally do Huevos divorciados too aha.

And yeh, can re-use mixes for different dishes... and alter them with a few spice adds or an extra ingredient or so.

Such a good cuisine for veggie dishes too. As proteins from so many other, very tasty, sources.
And very cheap in general to make if have well stocked, specific, herb and spice cupboard.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm going to eventually. I downloaded about 45 GB worth of "Justified" today, so that should keep me busy for awhile, since I also have to finish off "Singles Inferno."

I’m hopping back on Goliath but since it’s been too long since I’ve watched the first two seasons, I’m thinking of restarting it. Four seasons to get through. Has anyone watched?

And now that Justified has received so much positive feedback on here, I’m going to give it a shot after I’m through with Goliath.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Saw the video. How quick they went from bloodthirsty to cowed and begging for their life.
The mindset of some people can be truly amazing. I don’t care about you or your life but please please care for mine.

I just viewed that and the begging for mercy was chilling as shots fired. The robbers were from 17 to early 20s. One was shot dead, a second is in critical condition and a 3rd fled.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Wonder what the weather’s like in Portugal right now…

full

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Pancheros is the best imo. It is a more local chain though.

Moe's and Qdoba are miles better than Chipotle.

But if you actually want a good bowl, El Diablo in Newark, DE was the spot. Would eat there once a week in college

Just wrong on so many levels. Although I do feel like chipotle has gone down hill as of late. A good Chipotle doesn't compare to those two though.

I recently had California tortilla for the first time. That was pretty solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad