OT: 95th Obsequious Banter Thread: Where 88 reigns as MVP (Adventure Cont., post #277)

The Stone King is ours. He asks us for glory.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@LegionOfDoom91 :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

"Lynch also revealed she still gets messages about the scene to this day from Bill Murray, who had lauded 'Road House' as an underappreciated film with a complex plot.

'Every time Road House is on and he [Murray] or one of his idiot brothers are watching TV – and they’re always watching TV – one of them calls my husband and says (in a reasonable approximation of Carl Spackler from Caddyshack), 'Kelly's having sex with Patrick Swayze right now. They’re doing it. He's throwing her against the rocks,'" she said."

Bill Murray's Road House

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I keep my receipts for a $50 electrical appliance. At what level of richness does taking appropriate precautions stop?
At the level where it’s fake.
I haven’t followed this at all, but I’m sure it was bought online, and shipped in the mail, making it mail fraud, among other things.
This dude lives in attention and has to manufacture it to stay “relevant”.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013

I don’t know if the data supports it or not but I feel like this becoming more common here in Philly recently with the big uptick of crime. Citizens shooting back with legal firearms that is.

You just hate to see it.
Really it’s a shame the kid was 16, but what the f*** is he doing armed carjackings for? He got what he deserved.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I don’t know if the data supports it or not but I feel like this becoming more common here in Philly recently with the big uptick of crime. Citizens shooting back with legal firearms that is.

EverlastingDangerousEland-size_restricted.gif

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I keep meaning to watch it. I take it, it’s a good show? I love a bunch of shit Tims been in.

It's a good show. Walton Goggins is fantastic. Some great smaller and bit players in it. Jacob Pitts (Probably most recognizable as Cooper from Eurotrip) plays an ex-SF sniper. Mykelti Williamson (Bubba from Forrest Gump), Alicia Witt, Patton Oswalt, and Sam Elliott (Who looks WEIRD without his mustache) all show up for parts of the series. Do recommend.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
It's a good show. Walton Goggins is fantastic. Some great smaller and bit players in it. Jacob Pitts (Probably most recognizable as Cooper from Eurotrip) plays an ex-SF sniper. Mykelti Williamson (Bubba from Forrest Gump), Alicia Witt, Patton Oswalt, and Sam Elliott (Who looks WEIRD without his mustache) all show up for parts of the series. Do recommend.
Payton oswalt? God I can’t stand that little troll. I think he’s supposed to be funny, but I’ve never seen it. I can’t fathom why he has a career.
Elliott should never not have that stache.
I’ll have to jump the show to the head of the line. Is it on Netflix? I think I saw it streaming somewhere.

Reactions: Runner77

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You just hate to see it.
Really it’s a shame the kid was 16, but what the f*** is he doing armed carjackings for? He got what he deserved.

There was one in Mayfair recently not far from my grandmom’s old house. I think it was like off of Frankford & maybe Vista or Tudor (I don’t remember the exact streets but in that general area). It was in a back alley way. Two kids tried to rob an Uber eats driver as he was making a delivery. But the Uber eats driver had a gun with legal carrying permit on him & shot one of the kids dead.

It was on a ring camera so if you had one of those the video was circulating in the neighborhood on that app.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
There was one in Mayfair recently not far from my grandmom’s old house. I think it was like off of Frankford & maybe Vista or Tudor (I don’t remember the exact streets but in that general area). It was in a back alley way. Two kids tried to rob an Uber eats driver as he was making a delivery. But the Uber eats driver had a gun with legal carrying permit on him & shot one of the kids dead.

It was on a ring camera so if you had one of those the video was circulating in the neighborhood on that app.
Saw the video. How quick they went from bloodthirsty to cowed and begging for their life.
The mindset of some people can be truly amazing. I don’t care about you or your life but please please care for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad