Player Discussion #92 Jonathan Drouin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
As many are saying, I also believe Galchenyuk, Drouin, and Lehkonen are the future. But I also predict Hudon being a part of that future. They'll most probably be the 4 best forwards on the Habs. The beauty, they're all 23 and under right now.

That would be fantastic.

Would have been better if Le Roi Des Bonnes Bargains would have signed Radulov, but I'd still do it nonetheless.

I would have also preferred keeping Radulov at 30 than having to extend Pacioretty at 30. And I would trade Pacioretty because he currently holds the most value in the organization and will fetch the Habs a real solid return.

Last edited:

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Yeah they would be good together, but then who would Pacioretty play with? Danault and Shaw? I think they will put Drouin and Pacioretty together, and Danault at center... or Drouin at center and Gallagher/Lehkonen at RW. Or maybe Galchenyuk at RW, who knows.

But yeah, I think Pacioretty will play with Drouin. If Radulov had signed, they could have kept the Patch-Danault-Radu line, but it's not happening, and Pacioretty desperately needs a playmaker on his line.

The pacioretty danault Gallagher line was the most productive p/60 of all the danault combinations last year

Lehkonen chucky drouin

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
I think I'm willing to put some bitcoins down that plekanec will
Play with Byron and hemsky. Just. A feeling I'm getting

This leave danault JD chucky gally patches and lehkonen on the top two lines

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Has there been any insight as to why he chose number 92? Seems really random to me unless I'm missing something.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I think I'm willing to put some bitcoins down that plekanec will
Play with Byron and hemsky. Just. A feeling I'm getting

This leave danault JD chucky gally patches and lehkonen on the top two lines

Patch - Danault - Gally
Drouin - Chucky - Lehk

isn't the end of the world. But we have so much cap space there's no way we don't buy low on someone maybe with a big (but expiring) contract...

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Has there been any insight as to why he chose number 92? Seems really random to me unless I'm missing something.

I'll take two shots at the dark on this one:

I'll say that there's no other 92 in the NHL and he wants a number that becomes synonymous with his name as he feels he will be great.

or

He thinks he's Montreal's 2nd coming of Maurice Richard.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
The pacioretty danault Gallagher line was the most productive p/60 of all the danault combinations last year

Lehkonen chucky drouin

I like the lines except they're unbalanced defensively. Swap Gallagher and Drouin perhaps. They (Galchenyuk and Drouin) should obviously play together on the PP.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I'll take two shots at the dark on this one:

I'll say that there's no other 92 in the NHL and he wants a number that becomes synonymous with his name as he feels he will be great.

or

He thinks he's Montreal's 2nd coming of Maurice Richard.

Ryan Johansen, Evgeni Kuznetsov & Gabriel Landeskog all wear 92 actually

Jul 6, 2016
A Drouin-Galchy-Lehkonen line could work. very quick wingers. Drouin would be the playmaker. Galchy, the sniper. Lehkonen, the pitbull in front of the net and in the corners.

Then: Patches-Danault-Gallagher

Byron-Plekky-Shaw (Hemsky ???)

DLR-Mitchell-McCarron-Martinsen ???

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Dro and Patches are training together; this is only going to lend to their inevitable chemistry i for one am excited what this duo will do.

Uhhhh, I hope Drouin doesn't learn how to become an nhl player from Pacioretty. No celebrations and only perimeter plays.
I hope Drouin plays with Galchenyuk and Lekhonen. Pacioretty with Gallagher and acquired C. Makes the top 6 tolerable with the loss of Radulov.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
Uhhhh, I hope Drouin doesn't learn how to become an nhl player from Pacioretty. No celebrations and only perimeter plays.
I hope Drouin plays with Galchenyuk and Lekhonen. Pacioretty with Gallagher and acquired C. Makes the top 6 tolerable with the loss of Radulov.

Danault can easily be that second line center.

Who is available out there ? What would it cost to get one ? Bozak ?? Little ?? RNH ??

Corky

Mar 21, 2008
Singapore
A Drouin-Galchy-Lehkonen line could work. very quick wingers. Drouin would be the playmaker. Galchy, the sniper. Lehkonen, the pitbull in front of the net and in the corners.

Then: Patches-Danault-Gallagher

Byron-Plekky-Shaw (Hemsky ???)

DLR-Mitchell-McCarron-Martinsen ???

Given Byron scored 22 goals last year and Shaw, Hemsky could positively surprise, our offense is really not that bad.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Danault can easily be that second line center.

Who is available out there ? What would it cost to get one ? Bozak ?? Little ?? RNH ??

Danault is a 3C. He got 40 pts playing Radulov and Patches. Honestly I don't know who is out there, Bergevin needs to figure his crap out and get a top 6 C. Buy low on Bennet or Reinhart maybe. He 100% cannot go into next season with C and LD as it is today.

I hoped Drouin would play Lw and give the team depth on the left side with Patches, Drouin, Shaw, Byron but with Radulov gone not so sure. RW looks much uglier now so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad