GDT: 9/29/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay vs Pittsburgh @ Johnstown, PA [Preseason Game 5]

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
*LOL* at the Hanson brothers, Cooper and Cally commercial, saw that they had filmed it but didn't think we'd see it, awesome.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
A pens fan from ruddit

I'm a Johnstown native (first time in my life I can say I'm proud of that!) and my family still lives there. This game/event in general is a HUGE deal in the area since the J-town area has been nothing but bad news for about a decade.
That being said, the fact that Crosby/Kessel/Fleury/Letang aren't playing is an absolute slap in the face by the Pens organization to the Johnstown area. I feel the Lightning organization has done more for this Johnstown crowd than the Pens. They brought their top lineup and have been extremely receptive with all the fans (my family got to have a few beers with Lightning players last night and had a long, friendly chat w/ Stamkos this morning).
I've gained a TON of respect for Tampa because of this.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Really interesting lineup. It's awesome that we're getting Koekkoek in there. I'm still curious to see if he's legitimately pushing for a spot or if they just want him around the team (at the expense of the France trip).

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
A pens fan from ruddit

Gotta feel for the guy/town. Crosby's such a huge deal, and now with Kessel? It was a chance to show them something great.

Instead they only get to see Malkin carve us up.

Let's just hope he gets the highlight reel out of his system before the season starts.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
yeah, you hear that Costas? You hear the words that are coming out of your ageless mouth? Cult classic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad