GDT: 9/27: Preseason Finale: Bruins vs. Jets in Saskatoon: 9pm ET: Not on TV or Radio :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
And we may not learn much about Soderberg's injury given no TV and the team heading off for team building activities in VT. Hopefully some reporter following the team will get word.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
So everyone on the bubble had a great game at least a great boxscore Lol

Man do we have depth this is gonna be a fun ride

Let's all get along and enjoy it :)

Any fights?

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
Some kids had a sign that said 2 u's 2 k's too good... when tuukka got 1st star he skated across the ice and gave them his stick tuu cool! !!
I bet the kids were happy and remember it for a long time. Good stuff.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I bet the kids were happy and remember it for a long time. Good stuff.

My kids would have been in Heaven. Shoot my son still talks about getting to see Thomas and the Cup, Conn Smythe and Vezina-and he just saw it.

SaskBruin

Evaluation Nation
Sep 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
Hell of a game by Boston. Spooner fits in. I don't think he starts unless an injury comes up but he can step in. Big confidence boost. Nick Johnson is another that can step in and do what is asked of him. Big thing I noticed is these young prospects rotating high when Krug or Bart pinch in. I know it seems simple but this isn't a video game and these guys get it. Amazing hockey sense and great chemistry. Caron is just filler. His positioning is good but doesn't create that spark. That goal was just a good drive to the net. Best thing he has done in 2 years...

As far as D goes whoever they decide to sit should go to the AHL and bring in a vet as the 7 d man unless they run a continuous rotation. Krug Hamilton Bart are too good not to play somewhere. Again injuries do happen so this is not a bad thing. No need to trade anybody. Love the depth and hopefully it helps us as the season goes forward.

3rd like of soda kelly smith is awesome. The more soda plays the more confidence he gains. Reminds me of Blake wheeler. Skill(more than Blake) and size and just needs of that edge and I think he will get it the more he plays.

For those of you who say Loui is lazy just shut it...yes he does tend to hold the puck a but longer when he drifts into the offensive zone but his head is up and he he is always looking for the best play. The more he plays with bergy and marchy sweet Jesus look out. He almost seemed in the way in board scrims but wait until he gets familiar. Magic will happen. Loui works hard and everytime off the ice he is communicating trying to learn how bergy and marchy play.

I am jacked about the season. Not only our starting lineup but our depth which in part is our young guys getting another year older and more nature and getting guys like Johnson smith Fraser. It's not always the all stars that put a team over the edge but the guys who "get it" do.

Having said all that...love this team love the direction they are heading. Hoping Svedberg and a couple young guys step up and this team is a too contender hands down. Bruins nation will rise up yet again this year!

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
Per Haggs
Peter Chiarelli indicated Bruins should have their end of camp NHL roster by Sunday morning. Expect 13 Fs & 8D along w/2 goalies #BruinsTalk

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
Boston Bruins @NHLBruins
GM Peter Chiarelli said B's will be making cuts to the roster tonight to get down to 23-man team of 13 forwards, 8 D-men, 2 goalies ^CS

Safe to say Bartkowski and Hamilton are both staying in Boston

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Why the hell would they need 8 D-men? I would think Miller clears waivers no problem and that's the only reason I can think of for keeping all 8 is they don't want to lose him. Also means Caron or Johnson gets waived (or traded) tomorrow (or both do if Spooner stays).

Oh yeah, plus Savard needs to be on the 23 man roster Monday morning doesn't he? Krug or Hamilton can be sent down then called right back up once he's on LTIR.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Why the hell would they need 8 D-men? I would think Miller clears waivers no problem and that's the only reason I can think of for keeping all 8 is they don't want to lose him. Also means Caron or Johnson gets waived (or traded) tomorrow (or both do if Spooner stays).

Oh yeah, plus Savard needs to be on the 23 man roster Monday morning doesn't he? Krug or Hamilton can be sent down then called right back up once he's on LTIR.

Dom already posted in one of the other threads to expect Krug to be sent down in a "paper transaction" until Savard is formally on LTIR.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
So Yeti had game-winning goals in two out of six bruins wins, of which he played 4? Since he plyed(I think) in the sole loss as well, that means he had GWG in 40% of his contest. That's decent, even if it's preseason. :p

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
So Yeti had game-winning goals in two out of six bruins wins, of which he played 4? Since he plyed(I think) in the sole loss as well, that means he had GWG in 40% of his contest. That's decent, even if it's preseason. :p

Shouldn't that start off with "Supposedly" or "As far as we have been told" ... until video evidence (and sometimes even audio evidence) can be produced of Carl Soderberg's goal production I remain skeptical.

attachment.php

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Shouldn't that start off with "Supposedly" or "As far as we have been told" ... until video evidence (and sometimes even audio evidence) can be produced of Carl Soderberg's goal production I remain skeptical.

Exactly. All this talk about Soderberg goals and no video proof? :laugh:

Nice try, crazies.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
BB.com has some highlights...even Soderberg's goal

*gasp*!

EDIT - For those wondering, to be specific, it's in the newest Bruin's Beat video.

Also.. at 1:24 you see Bergeron's goal. First of all.. GREAT goal from Bergy. Lightning quick release. But also that play in general and that pass from Loui was superb. Tape to tape pass right on Bergeron's backhand through a defender. Soooo goooood.

Last edited:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

I still think they are going to rotate the young defensemen until they have something they like and at that point somebody may go down. Then of course there is going to be an injury somewhere.

Surprised they are carrying 8 but they've done it before.

I want them to keep Johnson over Caron-he seems to fit better.

Spooner IMO is going back to Providence-there just isn't a spot for him right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino