GDT: 9/26 Boston Bruins @ Washington Capitals 7pm ET NHL Network

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
While Erikson has been awful in the preseason he is not alone. Actually many of the vets have been just as bad Sieds,Krejci,Pie and Kelly to name a few.

The fact that he was part of the Seguin trade is what makes him stand out but we haven't seen much from any vets other than Mcquaid who has something to play for and Soda.

The vets have nothing to prove and are just trying to get into game shape while providing support for the prospects . If we are gong to calling out Loui then let's be fair and call out the other floaters as well.

It's not the trade that makes him standout, IMO. It's that he's played horribly here and yet they've still increased his role. If he doesn't snap out of this fog he's in, this team is in trouble.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
To be fair, Griffith looked outstanding tonight playing with Caron and Soderberg too. I totally understand the frustration regarding Knight, but IMO Griffith is earning a spot regardless of how much I think Knight deserves a look as well. Personally I think Kelly should be traded and Griffith, Fraser, Knight, and Robbins should make the team (with Robbins the 13th fwd).

Lucic-Krejci-Loui (please god let him find his game)
Marchy-Bergy-Smith
Fraser-Yeti-Griffith
Paille-Spooner-Knight
Robbins

That's my opening night lineup if I had my way (assuming Campbell is still hurt.) Once Campbell is back it's decision time regarding Spooner. I think he ultimately ends up getting traded, but I would love to see him stay. Caron is the odd man out. He's a guy I actually like...seems like a good, hard-working kid. Bergeron seems to have taken him under his wing during summer workouts and stuff which speaks highly of him to me. He looked really good tonight and this could very well be the year where he gets it, but I would trade him personally. However the sad truth is that he probably gets that 4th line RW spot while Knight goes back to the AHL even if most of us will disagree with it.

When thinking of rosters I generally think - o.k. But how does that team look with a couple injuries. Who are you calling up with this line up? I want the kids to get a shot throughout the year but do you really want that many rookies in your opening night line up?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Loui was the main piece in the Seguin trade and people are looking to see something near his skill level, which will never happen because it simply isn't there.

I look at this trade not as Loui for Tyler but as Loui, Rielly,Matt,Joe, a ton of cap space (which allowed for Iggy , now that didn't work out as planed, but that was probably due to key injuries and that MORON Snow who gifted the Habs with Vanek) for Seguin and Pevs.

I would do this trade all over again, didn't care for Seguin's play both on and of the ice, sure he broke out in Dallas but he would never have achieved those numbers in Boston. When all the players that came over in that package reach their peak we probably going to notice that Loui was the secondary piece in this whole deal.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Griffith looked real good last night. I don't know anything about him other than he turns out to be a 25 goal scorer in NHL 15. What's the run down on him?

We thought Spooner was the best player on the ice in Montreal but Julien is a stickler for back pressure, deep puck battles, and truculence. It's why jagr and Seguin went 44 games in the playoffs with 1 goal and next season got over 60 between them after leaving and why Eriksson looks like he is playing with a list of things to do in his pocket instead of 'just playing'.

Some can do it in Boston, some cant....we will find out who in the next 2 months.

I watched Griffith and I know how Claude likes his steak and this one will be interesting to watch- and not saying its Knight, because I'm pretty sure Claude likes Florek, Lindblad, and Fallstrom. All four get back like mom just rang the dinner bell, and all four chip and chase and will take a hit to make a play, or make a hit to make a play.

Claude would take Gregory Campbell 7 days a week and twice on Sunday's over Ryan Spooner as crazy as that may sound to some.

Claude privately and publically (at the Bruins Town Hall) talks about being big and tough and hard to play against- Spooner and Griffith are extremely skilled but I would classify them as not big or physical and talented offensively.

Even if Griffith and Spooner make the opening day lineup Claude will have them so petrified they wont even leave the defensive zone and be right in line for that Jagr/Seguin 1 in 44. And that actually started late in the season with these two.

Wait till Fraser is late getting back because of his skating- his shot will be the last thing on his mind

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
This team is not deep enough, not good enough to win the cup with the roster they have and the salary cap issues that are well documented. This should be a transition year. Yes keep the core going forward but Kelly, Campbell, Eriksson, Chara should be moved to restructure the roster and allow the young players to establish themselves and add to the core. The only thing that is stopping this is Peter and Claude living on past fumes that was built on a hot goaltender stealing a cup for us.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
We thought Spooner was the best player on the ice in Montreal but Julien is a stickler for back pressure, deep puck battles, and truculence. It's why jagr and Seguin went 44 games in the playoffs with 1 goal and next season got over 60 between them after leaving and why Eriksson looks like he is playing with a list of things to do in his pocket instead of 'just playing'.

Some can do it in Boston, some cant....we will find out who in the next 2 months.

I watched Griffith and I know how Claude likes his steak and this one will be interesting to watch- and not saying its Knight, because I'm pretty sure Claude likes Florek, Lindblad, and Fallstrom. All four get back like mom just rang the dinner bell, and all four chip and chase and will take a hit to make a play, or make a hit to make a play.

Claude would take Gregory Campbell 7 days a week and twice on Sunday's over Ryan Spooner as crazy as that may sound to some.

Claude privately and publically (at the Bruins Town Hall) talks about being big and tough and hard to play against- Spooner and Griffith are extremely skilled but I would classify them as not big or physical and talented offensively.

Even if Griffith and Spooner make the opening day lineup Claude will have them so petrified they wont even leave the defensive zone and be right in line for that Jagr/Seguin 1 in 44. And that actually started late in the season with these two.

Wait till Fraser is late getting back because of his skating- his shot will be the last thing on his mind

Are you telling me that Claude would rather put a washed up Stephane Yelle or Steve Begin in place of a player like Vladimir Sobotka?

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
This team is not deep enough, not good enough to win the cup with the roster they have and the salary cap issues that are well documented. This should be a transition year. Yes keep the core going forward but Kelly, Campbell, Eriksson, Chara should be moved to restructure the roster and allow the young players to establish themselves and add to the core. The only thing that is stopping this is Peter and Claude living on past fumes that was built on a hot goaltender stealing a cup for us.

And common sense says captain Chara should be here until he retires, even if he just plays on special teams. He has been a man on a mission since his arrival. The Bruins are still a top 5 team in the league, so why blow it up?

BTW Thomas gets lit up with out big Z cleaning up rebounds and net front pressure that year. And he's still a Norris caliber defender.

Why not trade Rask as well? It would clear cap space and allow Subban to establish himself too.:sarcasm:

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
"been given a lot of slack here".....sorry, just not true

Are you talking about B's mgmnt or HFBoards? I think Chia & co have been very patient with the guy (and I don't think any of them give .02 about the opinions of armchair GM's here on HF Boards)...

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
watched the game at fenway last night. wasn't blacked out for some reason.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Are you telling me that Claude would rather put a washed up Stephane Yelle or Steve Begin in place of a player like Vladimir Sobotka?

I actually like Lindblad a lot but that is the defensively responsible player he likes.

I'm completely fine with Gagne, he looked very good to me the other night- but Leino will cause me to lose it.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Moving Chara is more than a "restructure", it's starting a rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad