GDT: 9-25-14, 7:30PM: Ducks @ Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I love how Allen is the new Sbisa. Not that he had a strong outing but everyone is judging the guy over a preseason game. He was solid for us last year, especially in the Dallas series. If he sucks in the regular season then the hate is justified.

I'm sure if Murray could dump him he would.

not disagreeing with you in saying he was solid last year. he really surprised me with his play last season

but stoner is clearly the better player and at the price they paid for him, they better use him to his full potential

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Stoner was actually pretty good last night there was a few times he stick handled and skated away from trouble and I had to make a double take to make sure it was him

Godzlaf

Sep 24, 2014
It's sad because I don't think all kings fans are like that. One of my brothers in law has been a diehard kings fan for 30+ years. He hates the Ducks but recognizes good hockey and we talk hockey all the time. My other brother in law went to his first hockey game in the western conference finals last season. The die hard brother had 2 tickets and his wife couldn't go because of work. Ever since then my fair weather brother in law has been telling me how the Ducks suck and all their players can barely skate and the franchise should be contracted.

I've found over the years the loudest most obnoxious fans are usually the band wagoners who have never watched hockey in their life until the Stanley Cup Finals. I know it's true for every fan base but I think it's worse at this current time because the Kings are good.

It is a breath of fresh air when you meet one who is knowledgeable, isn't it? I know two, personally (I know, I'm lucky), and we have great hockey talk. We both hate one another's team but that's what makes rivalries awesome. Sadly, it's a small, small, percentage of their fanbase. But then again, only a small part of our own is what I would call decently knowledgeable. The main difference is the obnoxious factor, which they win in spades... but with that comes enthusiasm in the arena for chants and rowdiness and other fun things... there are pros and cons.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
To be honest I'd like it if the casual Ducks fan had a little more fire in their belly. I remember last season when their was video of those Blackhawk punks swinging at everyone as they were leaving. And they didn't even get any street justice thrown back at them. Do that in Philly, Boston, LA, and a few other arenas and it's lights out for those dudes.

SoCalHockey

Jun 11, 2010
To be honest I'd like it if the casual Ducks fan had a little more fire in their belly. I remember last season when their was video of those Blackhawk punks swinging at everyone as they were leaving. And they didn't even get any street justice thrown back at them. Do that in Philly, Boston, LA, and a few other arenas and it's lights out for those dudes.

If only the right people were there for that... I'm sure they would have received street justice. I don't even remember hearing about this incident though. Screw that.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust

Tell me about it. I was a little disappointed, but at the same time kind of happy, that the stuffy lady that has her season seats right next to mine renewed. This lady just CANNOT handle my constant yelling and cursing (which I make a point to tone down if kids are around. I hate people who curse around kids constantly) and she never cheers or gets into the game at all. It'll be a lot of fun having another season of her moving into the empty seat next to her husband until those people show up. Lucky for her I catch about 10 games a year. Seriously though, why buy season tickets if you can't handle people getting into the game?

Godzlaf

Sep 24, 2014
Tell me about it. I was a little disappointed, but at the same time kind of happy, that the stuffy lady that has her season seats right next to mine renewed. This lady just CANNOT handle my constant yelling and cursing (which I make a point to tone down if kids are around. I hate people who curse around kids constantly) and she never cheers or gets into the game at all. It'll be a lot of fun having another season of her moving into the empty seat next to her husband until those people show up. Lucky for her I catch about 10 games a year. Seriously though, why buy season tickets if you can't handle people getting into the game?

This is my main peeve with our fans. In the Detroit series two years ago, there was a penalty shot awarded to us (I think to Etem... unless I'm confusing it with the one I saw in Phoenix), and the couple behind me (decked out in Anaheim paraphernalia) is yelling at me to sit down. A penalty shot is about to happen and you aren't even going to stand up?

SoCalHockey

Jun 11, 2010
This is my main peeve with our fans. In the Detroit series two years ago, there was a penalty shot awarded to us (I think to Etem... unless I'm confusing it with the one I saw in Phoenix), and the couple behind me (decked out in Anaheim paraphernalia) is yelling at me to sit down. A penalty shot is about to happen and you aren't even going to stand up?

I no longer have season tickets, but this is one of the reasons I had seats all the way at the top. I love standing up lol. There are just certain high energy situations where sitting down just doesn't work for me. So we just decided to get seats at the top so we can stand and jump to our hearts content.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
i know some (probably most) wont agree with this but... i would much rather that 3rd be etem/rakell/cogs. im just not sold on silf, and i think etem fits that 3rd line great. i think him and cogs on the wings is a freaking weapon.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
i know some (probably most) wont agree with this but... i would much rather that 3rd be etem/rakell/cogs. im just not sold on silf, and i think etem fits that 3rd line great. i think him and cogs on the wings is a freaking weapon.

There's positives and negatives to both of them. Silf has a great shot and is pretty solid defensively, but is soft and chases the play a lot. Etem is strong and fast but has a really hard time making plays in the offensive zone. It's going to be interesting what the role is for Etem this year. With the Heatley signing he's the odd man out. One more year in Norfolk isn't the end of the world but at the same time it'd be nice to see some progression at the NHL level.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Heatley Getzlaf Perry
Maroon Kesler Palms
Silf Rakell Cogs
Beleskey Thompson DSP

if Heatley blows

Palms Getzlaf Perry
Maroon Kelser Silf
Etem Rakell Cogs
Beleskey Thompson DSP

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
He HAS to have started already. I mean he got on the top line somehow.

Copy-2-of-sp-boudreau-_24_1302553980-419x301.jpg

Godzlaf

Sep 24, 2014
I got my season tickets on top too, not only is it more fun you can see plays develop way better.

100% agree... this incident I refer to happened in the middle of one of the 400 sections.

I no longer have season tickets, but this is one of the reasons I had seats all the way at the top. I love standing up lol. There are just certain high energy situations where sitting down just doesn't work for me. So we just decided to get seats at the top so we can stand and jump to our hearts content.

Smart move... I did the same thing for this coming season... second row to the back and on the aisle... so even if the people behind me get mad I can step to the left. It's still ridiculous to expect a hockey fan to stay still... too much intensity and excitement in this sport for that.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Kings fans are still riding high after their victory over the Ducks last year. Will be a nuisance until the Ducks beat them in the playoffs. Hopefully they get it done this year.

digginit

Feb 17, 2014
Kings fans are still riding high after their victory over the Ducks last year. Will be a nuisance until the Ducks beat them in the playoffs. Hopefully they get it done this year.

So true. But they will probably still be chanting "Hil-ler, Hil-ler" after we do knock them out.

They will always be the skidmarks of the hockey fan world.

Godzlaf

Sep 24, 2014
I usually sit in the 200 sections when I go. People stand up all the time. Had to ask a soccer mom to sit down so I could see once. Every. Single. Shot.

That's definitely excessive standing. I don't mind it for fights, breakaways, goals, that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad