GDT: 9-25-14, 7:30PM: Ducks @ Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
kesler is not good in the shootout. hes just a good player. similar to getz nperry before somehow they magically figured it out. lol

which once again makes me miss bones. damn he was good int he SO

tumblr_n1cl775f5U1ttoxpno1_r2_400.gif

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I know it's early, but if I had to pick I'd take Rakell over Karlsson. Not that Karlsson's been bad, but to me Rakell has been more noticeable and looks more NHL ready.

Also, count me in with those who thinks Gibson could use a little more time in the AHL. Extremely skilled and athletic goalie, but I don't think it would hurt him one bit to dominate down there for at least a little while.

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
Griping about the shootout selections? It's pre-season, I'm surprised Boudreau didn't put himself with a Hanson brother and the assistant equipment manager out there. I would have.

Didn't watch that close, but Kesler looked fantastic with Maroon. Rakell looks like a different player. Heatley did what he will do..be invisible for long stretches of time, then wow you with a game-breaker. Gibson did not look solid at all and is probably my biggest concern right now.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Griping about the shootout selections? It's pre-season, I'm surprised Boudreau didn't put himself with a Hanson brother and the assistant equipment manager out there. I would have.

Didn't watch that close, but Kesler looked fantastic with Maroon. Rakell looks like a different player. Heatley did what he will do..be invisible for long stretches of time, then wow you with a game-breaker. Gibson did not look solid at all and is probably my biggest concern right now.
Gibson just oozes talent. But he does spend a lot of time just kind of sucking.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
My opinions

Impressed:
Jackman
Kesler
Maroon
Etem
Lindholm
Stoner
Cogs
Beauchemin

Depressed:
Allen x 5
DSP
Heatley
Silf (other than shootout goal)

Meh:
Karlsson
Vatanen
Gibson

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
My opinions

Impressed:
Jackman
Kesler
Maroon
Etem
Lindholm
Stoner
Cogs
Beauchemin

Depressed:
Allen x 5
DSP
Heatley
Silf (other than shootout goal)

Meh:
Karlsson
Vatanen
Gibson

Agree with all of it except Heatley. I admit he wasn't too noticeable, but with him in particular, if he scores, he's doing his job, no matter how invisible he is the rest of the time. Also, he wasn't playing with Getz/Perry so I didn't expect much anyway. Again, he wasn't great but I wouldn't say I'm disappointed in him.

I'd also like to add that I barely noticed Stoner, which is a good thing. Someone with his playstyle shouldn't be seen too much (see Allen).

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I just love Maroon behind the net :laugh: He`s so big and strong, yet so patient and can find the right spot to pass (and he can pass pretty good in traffic). Kesler goal shows that - Martinez wasn`t able to hold down Maroon and he just passed to Kesler.

I thought Heatley`s shot was a pretty damn neat. That was a laser. And in that particular play he also protected puck well. Can`t say about all of the game, however, but i really want to see what he can do with Getz and Perry.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
can someone tell me why allen is still on the team?

i thought stoner was brought in to replace him, yet he's still there. does BB plan on rolling out 8 D per game? can't forget about fistric either

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Look, I'm totally fine with him getting more AHL time, but your biggest concern? Really? After getting hung out to dry by the defense in front of him and still only letting in 3 goals on 34 shots? You know how many star goalies out there are having similar preseasons? A decent amount.

All things considered, outside of that one moment where he came way too far out, he had a solid game.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
can someone tell me why allen is still on the team?

i thought stoner was brought in to replace him, yet he's still there. does BB plan on rolling out 8 D per game? can't forget about fistric either

Because there are no takers. There are plenty of better defenseman rumored to be available right now so if a team needs someone they're going to go after a Boychuk or a Leopold first.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Kesler is an absolute beast. He's going to make this team much better.

Strong outings from jackman, Maroon, Etem, and rakell. Karlsson had an awful game.

First chance Murray gets he's gotta dump Allen. He's worse than Fistric at this point.
Put KP in for Silfverberg and start the regular season

Heatley-Getzlaf-Perry
Maroon-Kesler-KP
Silfverberg-Rakell-Cogs
DSP-Thompson-Beleskey

I think that'll be our opening day lineup.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I love how Allen is the new Sbisa. Not that he had a strong outing but everyone is judging the guy over a preseason game. He was solid for us last year, especially in the Dallas series. If he sucks in the regular season then the hate is justified.

I'm sure if Murray could dump him he would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad