GDT: 9/24 Boston Bruins vs. Washington Capitals 7pm ET (Stream on bruins.nhl.com!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Healthy Kelly*

my names res nullius and i invented the stone clode stunner

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Knight looked great. He could make the NHL this year. He was extremely fast and showed a lot more skill and hockey sense than we saw at any time in the last two years. Very powerful player too.

Griffith was a bit disappointing. Just not an imposing player at all. He's Marchand's size, but doesn't have Marchand's speed or strength. He's really going to slow that line down through the neutral zone. He is dangerous around the net though. Doesn't need any time or space to get a real good shot off. Still, I think Fraser, Gagne or Knight is moved into this slot before long. Maybe even Khokhlachev.

I actually like what I saw from Gagne. I only care about how he's skating, his skill will come back in time. Thought he moved decently well, and we can expect him to find another gear as he shakes rust off.

Liked Spooner too. Just such an amazing skater. Loving his dominance in the faceoff circle too.

have to say over the years really value your opinion so glad to see what you say about Knight- honestly its nicer than I said about his play:laugh:....I was so shocked he did not score and was glad to hear the Bruins watched the video after and saw the goalie got it- and Beers picked it up. Apparently Knight thought he put it dead center and was in 'wha????' mode afterwards

I saw the same thing as Gagne and Spooner

as for Griffith- I sat in my buds seats front row next to goal judge so got to really key on certain players including Seth; great hands- shifty, and excellent positioning and ability to move about the danger areas both to score and avoid getting bludgeoned.

What he needs though is quality people to play with who can get him the puck; not sure he would be able to do this with lower level centers and had to play more a 200 foot game. He's not that big and his skating is good but lacks an escape gear. Playing with Marchand who is on a mission and Bergeron who is perfect is nirvana but if he gets moved around to a line that involves more skating more battles all over the ice and less creative line mates to get the puck on his stick in the sweet spots it could be trouble.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
IMO, Dan hit the nail on the head with Fraser the other night when he likened him to a DH in baseball. I think he would be better suited for a lesser role (3rd-4th line) plus time on the PP, then he would on the top line, as some have suggested. Kind of like a F version of Krug.

Wasn't our best shooter from last year also a weak/slow skater? Our pivots can find Fraser, even if he is on his knees.

Topshelf88

Jul 27, 2008
Stone Clode is the best thing to happen to this board since I joined. Aside from winning the Cup.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
if Ben & Jerry's pushed 'Stone Clode' ice cream what would be in it?

definitely vanilla based

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Fried chicken?

vanilla ice cream with chunks of the 'coaches' secret recipe chicken:thumbu:

it sounds a bit disgusting but I like vanilla ice cream, I like fried chicken, and to be honest I eat fast like a dog and in a normal sitting the desert is only minutes behind the meal anyways.

works

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
I really hope you are not comparing Fraser to future HOFer and perennial 30 goal scorer Jarome Iginla. Even at his advanced age, Fraser is nowhere near as good.

Not exactly. Just pointing out that a bad skater has put up some points on this team. If you shoot it they will come, and btw, it took Iginla 5 seasons to score over 30.

The real question is: can Fraser be as good on the first line as an old Iginla was last year. I think he could be.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Not exactly. Just pointing out that a bad skater has put up some points on this team. If you shoot it they will come, and btw, it took Iginla 5 seasons to score over 30.

The real question is: can Fraser be as good on the first line as an old Iginla was last year. I think he could be.

I hopw so, because Iginla SUCKED last year for most of it until he got 'hot' -- where the line itself played well and Lucic/Krejci were spoonfeeding him goals. Maybe he got his shots away quicker than Horton, but 90% of them seemed to miss the net by miles of bruise the goalie right at his logo.

He did have a compete level at least, until the playoffs, and the grit to add something to that line in addition to his potential, occassionally there shot. So far it sounds like Fraser only has his shot, and a Greg Campbell-lite fighting ability.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Someone with better skills than I needs to shop the "Austin" on his vest to read "Boston" and the "B" on the corner needs to get spoked...

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
I've always wanted to do a Wrestling-themed GDT but don't have the patience or photoshop skills. Someone should totally do it. Stone Clode, Chara the Undertaker, The Excellence of Execution Patrice Bergeron, etc.

Wow this has been a funny read. Stone Clode is a keeper nickname. But now that we're on the wrestling train.
PaulBearerCage.jpg
Is that Stone Clode's brother?

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Lucic - Krejci - Eriksson
Marchand - Bergeron - Gagne/Smith
Fraser - Soderberg - Gagne/Smith
Paille - Spooner/Campbell - Campbell/Florek

I like Gagne as the RW with either Bergeron or Soderberg.

If Spooner plays line 4 I think he learns a lot from Campbell and Paille & Campbell can take draws.

Fraser is sniper with a heavy shot and I'd like to see him in there on opening night.

The guy who could still break this roster would be Pastrnak, if he comes back from the shoulder issue and impresses then it tosses the roster back into question.

Your lines look pretty realistic rc.

Gagne is likely to make this team. Spooner is less likely to be on the fourth line.

The only major question/omission from your group is Kelly. I think the B's want to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad