GDT: 9/24 Boston Bruins vs. Washington Capitals 7pm ET (Stream on bruins.nhl.com!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
9/25/14 Never Forget. The dawn of Stone Clode. Julien 3:16 says I just benched your rookie ass.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
That literally doesn't matter. We are in the situation we are in, and Chia is doing a good job of trying ice a team that still has some level of depth.
It does matter since he is the one making the cap decisions. He came to the organization with a reputation of being a good cap manager.

Don't get my criticism wrong, as overall, he's done a good job putting this roster together. But multi year contracts with NMC/NTCs for less than all-star players have handcuffed him.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
OT: NMCs

What the 30-year-old knew for sure was he wasn't going back to Montreal. Being asked to waive his no-trade clause was enough of a signal of the Habs' intentions to Gorges.

"Knowing that they wanted to get rid of you, it's hard to go on and play for a team that doesn't want you anymore," he said. "But I don't think that was ever going to be an option, from my understanding. I wasn't coming back."

http://www.tsn.ca/hab-turned-sabre-gorges-stands-by-decision-not-to-join-leafs-1.91096

I think if Kelly was asked to waive his NMC he'd have a similar reaction.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
His injuries and stat line for his salary is pretty much the most iron clad NMC ever created.

As Mick Colageo will tell you Lou, they love Kelly. Claude is fighting hard for Campbell, he would pull a Market Basket like walk out if they tried moving Kelly.

Spooner dressing the in hall though is so childish. Thankfully he saw the abuse Knight took from Cassidy and has a frame of reference.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
its dumb threads like this that make me proud I am a member here

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
His injuries and stat line for his salary is pretty much the most iron clad NMC ever created.

I'm not convinced that they can't move him if they wanted to. I think they are deliberately keeping him on the roster. Not saying I agree but that's just my .02.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
As Mick Colageo will tell you Lou, they love Kelly. Claude is fighting hard for Campbell, he would pull a Market Basket like walk out if they tried moving Kelly.

Spooner dressing the in hall though is so childish. Thankfully he saw the abuse Knight took from Cassidy and has a frame of reference.

Ok we should deal Spooner, Knight and Fraser to Detroit for Danny Cleary, the rights to Tomas Holmstrom and a game worn Brendan Shanahan jersey then.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'm not convinced that they can't move him if they wanted to. I think they are deliberately keeping him on the roster. Not saying I agree but that's just my .02.

Yeah you are right no doubt... Unfortunate.

It’s easy to look at what’s on the ice, but I think everybody understands how those guys conduct themselves off the ice in the dressing room, their leadership qualities sometimes are just as important,†Julien said.

“I can tell you from Kelly’s point of view we missed him in the room last year in the playoffs. He’s certainly one guy that is not afraid to stand up and say what he thinks and get the guys going. There’s something to be said about that kind of leadership as well.â€

Plus, as Julien said, “In Kelly’s case, he’s coming off surgery, so you have to be able to give him some time to recover a little bit and gethis timing.â€

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006

Huh?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I don't believe for a second they can't move Kelly if they wanted to-NMC and all. There are teams that would take his contract and want what he can still bring (veteran center who can play anywhere in the bottom six, kill penalties, locker room etc-he just has stone hands). I think they are keeping him because they are choosing to keep him.

Kelly would bring more relief but Campbell would be easier to move.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I've always wanted to do a Wrestling-themed GDT but don't have the patience or photoshop skills. Someone should totally do it. Stone Clode, Chara the Undertaker, The Excellence of Execution Patrice Bergeron, etc.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
All I can picture is Stone Cold strutting down the aisle with Clodes head attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad