GDT: 9/23/20 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Dallas [SCF Game 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
As I watched last night, and after Stammer didn't return, did they play him to spark our team AND to give him one last go-around on the bench with his besties... he was thoroughly enjoying himself on the bench, unable to play. Everyone knew he wasn't coming back last night

It would be so difficult to watch your friends win the cup, never have been on the bench with them or skated around on the ice (or SCORE A DAMN GOAL!!!)

so, I gotta wonder ... again ... is that the last? and again, I hope I'm wrong

I think he is done for the Stanley cup finals I think that’s it for him. Come next season in January I think he will be ready to play.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I mean, it's the finals so all games are big...but Friday? It's f'n enormous. You win, you go up 3-1 with a chance to take home the Cup the NEXT NIGHT. You get to carry that rush into the next game immediately and apply pressure. The other team is already realizing how deep of a hole they're in. Can they win 3 in a row against this Tampa team, with one of them needing to be less than 24 hours later? Can you pull out the W on Saturday and then do it again two more times?

Then the reverse holds true as well. Tampa has been in this exact spot in the SCF. Up 2-1 on Chicago. Losing game 1 and then taking 2-3. We know where that ended up. You let Dallas win on Friday, they've tied up the series and made it a best of 3. Now it's just a question of can we win 2 of the next 3? They have room to make a mistake, they don't have to play flawless, they can afford to drop a game if the cards don't play out like Dallas needs them to. They carry that juice into Saturday with a chance to go up 3-2 less than 24 hours later. Now you've got Tampa reeling, 2 quick wins. Doubt surely creeping into their heads. Is this 2015 all over again?

This game is so incredibly important given the B2B situation. Dallas can not hang with Tampa when they're on. That's clear as day to anyone who watched the game last night. Khudobin is a nice story but he's not as good as he's looked. There's a reason his career is what it is.

So let's put it to bed, boys. Come out hard AF on Friday. Bury them and set yourself up to bring it home Saturday night. And if you can't bring it home Saturday, you've still got 2 shots to get it done.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I mean, it's the finals so all games are big...but Friday? It's f'n enormous. You win, you go up 3-1 with a chance to take home the Cup the NEXT NIGHT.
I don't think Dobby can handle a b2b and the backup is not ready to handle a ferocious TBL on the prowl, growling like an incoming Irmageddon

If Bish were going to play the b2b, then maybe they'd have a shot but if we win Friday ... IF we win Friday ... I just might believe

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
A cup would make the Stammer moment mean more. Same goes for all the other wonderful moments we’ve had on this run.

Yes. I can't speak for anyone else, and this is only my POV here so I'm not claiming it's the only one you can have, but, for me, the ultimate outcome always provides the final color for the meaning of the moments that preceded them. Obviously, I will enjoy good things as they happen in the moment. OT winning goals, Stamkos doing what he did last night, stuff like that. But if the final outcome ends in disappointment, and not just necessarily losing but the way you lose (blowing a series lead, losing to an inferior opponent...often times, both those things), then those moments hollow out real quickly and hold no meaning to me in retrospect, because they don't represent what could be anymore, but what could've been if not for [this, this, or that].

Wonderful moment last night. Lets hope it's an iconic goal in franchise history before this series is over and done with, because if we lose this series from a leading position against a team almost everyone agrees is inferior? Well, I don't expect it to be remembered that fondly anymore.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Yes. I can't speak for anyone else, and this is only my POV here so I'm not claiming it's the only one you can have, but, for me, the ultimate outcome always provides the final color for the meaning of the moments that preceded them. Obviously, I will enjoy good things as they happen in the moment. OT winning goals, Stamkos doing what he did last night, stuff like that. But if the final outcome ends in disappointment, and not just necessarily losing but the way you lose (blowing a series lead, losing to an inferior opponent...often times, both those things), then those moments hollow out real quickly and hold no meaning to me in retrospect, because they don't represent what could be anymore, but what could've been if not for [this, this, or that].

Wonderful moment last night. Lets hope it's an iconic goal in franchise history before this series is over and done with, because if we lose this series from a leading position against a team almost everyone agrees is inferior? Well, I don't expect it to be remembered that fondly anymore.

I think you have to separate the moment from the result. In 2014, we were swept, but I will always remember this goal because of what it meant for Stamkos. Coming back from that broken leg, becoming the captain after we lost MSL.

I do understand your point though. If we blow this series, it'll be hard to get over it for a long time. That pain will eventually go away though. I eventually got over 2011, 2015, 2016, and can look fondly at the moments from that run. I expect to feel the same way about this run in 5-10 years, whether it be Kuch's buzzer beater, Point's 5OT goal, blowing out the Bruins, etc.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
WhatsApp Image 2020-09-24 at 9.20.21 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-09-24 at 9.20.27 AM.jpeg

Reactions: berlin

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

That Jimmy Chen account is a troll account. It posts the same thing on all sorts of teams twitter accounts.
As a Canucks fan it really makes me cringe to see the logo on his account. Hopefully this person can find a more productive hobby, soon.
CC3F426F-93DC-49C7-820B-81ED0079E0CF.gif

Back to the Lightning, I shared the clip of Stammers goal with one of my younger Gingers who joined me on your Bandwagon.

She said, “I like the goal but I think I liked the way the players on Tampa’s bench reacted even more.”

Yeah, she gets it.
3E09F397-6607-4D92-92E7-E8964EA86A1F.gif

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Haven’t won shit yet only half way there. Friday will be our toughest game yet.
They're all gonna be the toughest game yet, but on the positive side, there's no way last night's game didn't plant a seed of doubt in the stars.

The way we've been able to clamp down on third periods has been pretty incredible. We're not even giving up shots.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
They're all gonna be the toughest game yet, but on the positive side, there's no way last night's game didn't plant a seed of doubt in the stars.

The way we've been able to clamp down on third periods has been pretty incredible. We're not even giving up shots.
Unlike the Blackhawks in 2015 they don't have two other Cup wins to draw upon on right now.

LeafLoyalist

Oct 13, 2015
I was wondering what you guys think about upcoming b2b, will either team be super aggressive Friday to go for the win, or pace themselves in 1st game to have enough energy to take game 2 of b2b? Would be a chess match between the 2 coaches to manage their benches in game 1.....i can see Dallas going all out to win 1st game because they are desperate, and hope they can steal in Game 2... or does Tampa have that strategy? Bolts fans know both these coaches, interested to hear your opinions.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad