GDT: 9/22/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Nashville VS Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 1]

ArmaHedman

Nov 30, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Drouin-Stamkos-Killorn:

Drouin looked like a stud. He was fast, lethal, skilled, and loud. Stamkos was pretty good, had some nice moves and looks but he didn't seem to be trying all that hard. Killorn was very good.

Paquette-Filppula-Condra:

Paquette played like a man among boys, very physical and he blew somebody up. Flip was solid, nothing too special. Condra was fast and responsible.

Vermin-Angelidis-Ikonen:

Vermin is small and weak, he needs muscle. Angelidis is a minor leaguer. Ikonen was a non-factor. Our worst line tonight.

Stephens-Point-Erne:

Stephens never gives up and is always at full speed, love that kid. Point is going to be an NHLer, no doubt about it. Erne looked disinterested at times, he needs to use his body. Our best line tonight.

Hedman-DeAngelo:

Hedman was a beast and looked to only be half playing. DeAngelo was a little rough but you could see the talent.

Carle-Blujus:

Carle was terrible. Again. Blujus was quiet and solid, good game for him.

Koekkoek-Coburn:

Koekkoek was quiet and solid too, but didn't take over as much as I hoped he would. Coburn was good and looked to be in good shape.

Emery:

Confident and solid. Not much to write about.

Wilcox:

Looked sharp and made some very impressive saves but was a victim of the team getting sloppy in front of him.

Going to try and be more active on the board this year. :)

Drouin played like he had something to prove and it showed. Stammer looked like he knew it was early pre-season. He was not exactly giving a 100%. Not that he was bad or even VL4 level, just no where near top speed except in small bursts. Fine with it, save it for when it counts! Hopefully we have a long season ahead of us.

Condra looked good out there. He will fit in quite nicely on this team. And a third line of Condra, Fill and ? (Boyle, Paq Man, Killer etc) will be awesome!

The Vermin line was ineffective. They looked like AHLers that have never been on the ice together. Which might be the case, not sure did not go to any practices etc.

Hedman is already in MidSeason form. He is going to be beastmode this year! DeAngleo - needs a season in the A but there is nice potential there.

Carle is in midseason form as well, I saw 2 giveaways on the same shift from him! Doh! Did not really notice Blujus much which is a good thing for a D-Man.

Koekkoek and Coburn looked out of sync at times, and did not appear to be a good pairing. I think Koekkoek will need multiple years in he AHL before he is ready but potential is there.

100% agree with your goalie assessment. i think the one thing that stuck in my mind about Emery was he seemed small, even compared to Wilcox.

Not going to any other pre-season games, so keep the in game perspectives coming. Interesting to hear other people's view of the game.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
sens fan that supports the bolts a bit since you signed one of my favourite sens of all time this offseason. i'm glad to hear condra played well. he's always woring hard, skating, making things happen with his passing, and playing really solid defense. on a quick team that likes to move around a lot in the offensive end, condra's hockey sense should shine. i'll be watching lots of tampa game this year!

noooo, i wanted to watch condra play instead of just hearing about it!

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Ouch!

SRrrpqE.gif

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Meant to mention that. The radio broadcast made it sound like Hedman was throwing his weight around a little more than we're used to. Maybe it was just a big hit or two, but they mentioned him a lot.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah I'm excited also, think he will have a great season. Him and Stralman really turned it on last season and think they will build on that.

Hedman will be interesting. The guy he was in the playoffs is the guy we've only seen glimpses of until now. If he can ever be that player consistently, or, hell, even like 3/4 of the time, we're talking Norris trophies. He was a monster.

Stralman's interesting to me for a different reason. As great as he was last year, and as even greater as he was in the playoffs, I feel like there's still another level untapped. At least offensively. He showed flashes of it last year.

It's crazy that with all these reasons for optimism, there's that huge black hole playing #5D. I'm still not sure if he was always this bad and simply looked good, for a year or two, in comparison to the rest of our D. Or if he's regressed to what he was last year, and what it sounds like he's going to be this year. Probably a little of both.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hedman will be interesting. The guy he was in the playoffs is the guy we've only seen glimpses of until now. If he can ever be that player consistently, or, hell, even like 3/4 of the time, we're talking Norris trophies. He was a monster.

Stralman's interesting to me for a different reason. As great as he was last year, and as even greater as he was in the playoffs, I feel like there's still another level untapped. At least offensively. He showed flashes of it last year.

It's crazy that with all these reasons for optimism, there's that huge black hole playing #5D. I'm still not sure if he was always this bad and simply looked good, for a year or two, in comparison to the rest of our D. Or if he's regressed to what he was last year, and what it sounds like he's going to be this year. Probably a little of both.

I agree about Stralman, really think the Rangers held him back to his development. Think he can be a legit #2, even #1 on some teams. It was fun watching him get on he score-sheet last season, and playing with Hedman is only going to make him better.

As per Carle, I just don't know what his deal is, it's going to be hard to move that contract, especially since he has a NTC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad