GDT: 9/22/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Nashville VS Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 1]

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Do you guys think we'll see the full NHL team on tuesday? I mean it's a special game and it will be on national TV, it could also be a good ides to play the whole team at least once in the pre-season, guess we'll see.

I'm going to the game in Dallas on Saturday. Guessing i'll see half the guys like last year. Seeing Lindback look like a fool was fun last year... I told the Dallas fans what they were in for lol

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Tie game. Well, it's going to be a 3-on-3 anyway so might as well add OT as well.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
"Tampa must have thought they had the game in the bag with 5 minutes left" yeah, they've done that a few to many times in the past so it's nothing new, had hoped that they had learned but hopefully with the whole team they won't make many misstakes like that.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
3-on-3 at least sounds like fun. Now we have a 4-on-3 PK. Stammer with a tripp.

Yzlamic Preacher*

I think this will be my thing for this season anytime we lose. Xeno has victory music. I will do this.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Lol. No it's not.

I agree, with no TKO nor Cally, Boyle, Strålman and Garrison the team was far from complete and this was far from telling. Didn't like that we didn't seem to see much of Stammer in this though, but hopefully it will come or things will look like this. They also need to play a full 60 minutes at all time, it was a problem last season and I don't want to see it carried over to this season.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree, with no TKO nor Cally, Boyle, Strålman and Garrison the team was far from complete and this was far from telling. Didn't like that we didn't seem to see much of Stammer in this though, but hopefully it will come or things will look like this. They also need to play a full 60 minutes at all time, it was a problem last season and I don't want to see it carried over to this season.

I would not buy too much into one pre-season game, but the entire pre-season will certainly have an impact of what our lines will be and who makes the team. Gotta say really like that Conga line. Paquette had the same amount of SOG as the entire Stamkos line combined. It is also a good shutdown line, however maybe drop Paquette to the 4th and go with Killorn - Flip - Condra, aka KFC, and then have our 4th as Paquette - Boyle - Brown, that is a strong bottom 6 right there.

2016cupwinners

May 2, 2013
Stamkos did setup Killorn several times, but Killorn kept missing the net. Maybe Stam is just working on his puck skills? Too early to tell really.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I would not buy too much into one pre-season game, but the entire pre-season will certainly have an impact of what our lines will be and who makes the team. Gotta say really like that Conga line. Paquette had the same amount of SOG as the entire Stamkos line combined. It is also a good shutdown line, however maybe drop Paquette to the 4th and go with Killorn - Flip - Condra, aka KFC, and then have our 4th as Paquette - Boyle - Brown, that is a strong bottom 6 right there.

Yeah, and I like that.

Now I want to know how tomorrow's lineup will look like. During today's scrimmage (for the players that weren't playing tonight) Palat and Johnson were on a line with Cally on the blue team and Kucherov was on the white team (no mnetion of who he played on a line withj) so maybe Cooper will do what we wanted him to do, test new TKO line combos to make sure they could be prepared for anything and then they can always go back to TKO once the game actually matters, guess we'll see but it should be fun, especially if Bishop and Rinne are the goalies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
With Stamkos, I think we have to give him 10 or so games in the regular season before we start tapping our feet impatiently.

It was interesting that Coop had him killing penalties tonight though. Not sure if that was at Stammer's request (he's been vocal about wanting to play that role), or if it was just because our lineup was so young.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Was at the game. They dominated play until the final five minutes. In what I mean dominated is they had the better chances.

Some notes:

Drouin stood out. As did Point.
Erne made some nice plays. Started a scrum at the end of the second period from a big hit he had.
DeAngelo gave the puck away too many times for my liking but made some nice plays.
Kookkoek had some real nice breakouts. Really moves his feet quickly.
Stamkos and Killorn had some solid chemistry. Seemed to know where each other would be.
Stammer had a couple good chances.
Carle sucks like always
It wasn't Wilcox fault in his two goals was kinda left alone. Same with OT goal.
3 on 3 is awesome. Think the Lightning will he very good at it. Speed kills in it.
Hedman is a monster. Nobody can get by him and was a threat.
Emery didn't really face too many great chances so hard to tell with him.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Drouin-Stamkos-Killorn:

Drouin looked like a stud. He was fast, lethal, skilled, and loud. Stamkos was pretty good, had some nice moves and looks but he didn't seem to be trying all that hard. Killorn was very good.

Paquette-Filppula-Condra:

Paquette played like a man among boys, very physical and he blew somebody up. Flip was solid, nothing too special. Condra was fast and responsible.

Vermin-Angelidis-Ikonen:

Vermin is small and weak, he needs muscle. Angelidis is a minor leaguer. Ikonen was a non-factor. Our worst line tonight.

Stephens-Point-Erne:

Stephens never gives up and is always at full speed, love that kid. Point is going to be an NHLer, no doubt about it. Erne looked disinterested at times, he needs to use his body. Our best line tonight.

Hedman-DeAngelo:

Hedman was a beast and looked to only be half playing. DeAngelo was a little rough but you could see the talent.

Carle-Blujus:

Carle was terrible. Again. Blujus was quiet and solid, good game for him.

Koekkoek-Coburn:

Koekkoek was quiet and solid too, but didn't take over as much as I hoped he would. Coburn was good and looked to be in good shape.

Emery:

Confident and solid. Not much to write about.

Wilcox:

Looked sharp and made some very impressive saves but was a victim of the team getting sloppy in front of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad