GDT: 9/21-Preseason Game 4 - Bergeron's Return - Bruins @ Red Wings -7pm- Broadcast TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Are we looking at a combination of kelly spooner and the yeti on the 3rd line. Talk about versatile.

From Haggs

3) The Carl Soderberg/Chris Kelly/Reilly Smith line was probably Boston’s best in the first period. Smith led all Bruins players with a pair of shots on net, and a backdoor pass from Dennis Seidenberg to Kelly was the B’s best scoring chance for the period. It would appear they are getting a look as the third line Claude Julien will go into the season with, and it would be my choice for third line based on the balance of what I’ve seen in the preseason.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
From Haggs

3) The Carl Soderberg/Chris Kelly/Reilly Smith line was probably Boston’s best in the first period. Smith led all Bruins players with a pair of shots on net, and a backdoor pass from Dennis Seidenberg to Kelly was the B’s best scoring chance for the period. It would appear they are getting a look as the third line Claude Julien will go into the season with, and it would be my choice for third line based on the balance of what I’ve seen in the preseason.

Interesting. I would just feel really bad having ryan spooner in the A this year. From what ive seen, and heard, he is ready for the NHL.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Multi-goal game for Soderberg and a shutout for Johnson? Man, that would have been sweet to see... No highlights or anything?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
So Yeti scores twice and Johnson redeems himself. Wonder if they have Svedberg in net on Monday for a whole game.

The two big decisions the team has to make is who plays on the third line with Kelly and Yeti and which goalie stays and which goes to Providence.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Haggs thoughts

2) Ryan Spooner continues to play with speed, creativity and a respectable level of tenacity for a slightly undersized forward. He looks like an NHL player right now to these eyes even if there isn’t an top-six center spot on the Boston roster. The youngster has had an excellent camp and is really pushing the issue.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Soderberg may be better on wing with less skating and responsibility and can use his offensive skills that were good enough to tear up SEL

Could Soderberg be another Frazen? so much in common from height, same SEL team- Linkoping; both shoot left and are primarily goal scorers; each are average at best skaters and at times seem to labor around the ice

wing? why not- and after Kelly leaves you add Spooner to Soderberg and now maybe you have something

Last edited:

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Haggs thoughts

2) Ryan Spooner continues to play with speed, creativity and a respectable level of tenacity for a slightly undersized forward. He looks like an NHL player right now to these eyes even if there isn’t an top-six center spot on the Boston roster. The youngster has had an excellent camp and is really pushing the issue.

Ugh. I had hopes for Spooner, but I guess he is a lost cause :(

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Soderberg may be better on wing with less skating and responsibility and can use his offensive skills ...

I'm on board with this. His skating ability is suspect, so perhaps he'd be best on a wing.

Afam*

Of course the yeti scores and they is no video evidence of it. This man is truly the yeti. Lol. What's next, he scores his first regular season goal and the whole arena goes in darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad