GDT: 9/21-Preseason Game 4 - Bergeron's Return - Bruins @ Red Wings -7pm- Broadcast TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Perfect Patrice Bergeron returns!

1074010_917907469469_833634204_o.jpg

Game 4 of the preseason tonight at 7pm eastern in Detroit.

Not sure if it will be broadcast here in Boston.

Going to miss this one as my cousin is getting married today.

Go B's!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Great to hear he`s back, cringe if he and Loui don`t put up 10pts tonight at the reactions of some here exclaiming that this trade is and will be a tremendously negative one if they don`t:)

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
my friends want to go out to a restaurant and watch this game and I feel like a total nerd for wanting to stay in so I can actually focus on the Marchand - Bergeron - Eriksson line :P

PrisonMike

Nov 26, 2007
McKinney,TX
I tweeted at the bruins if there was a stream or anyway to watch, no response as usual . Really want to see bergy tonight, it's unacceptable in this day and age that a team like the bruins dont have every pre-season game on TV or at the very least streamed on the web.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
You won't have to worry cause I don't think it's on TV anywhere...

Wasn't this the game that's on NESN?

EDIT - Well ****.. I was mistaken, lol. the NESN game is vs the Caps on monday. My bad.

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 13 Sep

Preseason game on @NESN: Sept 23 vs Caps; Preseason games on @985TheSportsHub: Sept 16 vs Habs, Sept 19 vs Red Wings, Sept 23 vs Caps ^CS

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I tweeted at the bruins if there was a stream or anyway to watch, no response as usual . Really want to see bergy tonight, it's unacceptable in this day and age that a team like the bruins dont have every pre-season game on TV or at the very least streamed on the web.

God forbid, that may cost money and nesn ownership is all Red Sox all the time , this is why the bruins are down there with the revolution in regards to media coverage .

Any news on the new Red Sox show called what kind of underware are we wearing ? It will be on 5 days a week pre and post game :sarcasm:

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
doesn't seem like it's going to be streamed or on tv anywhere...

How can two clubs... one calling themselves "Hockeytown" and the other having the following it does after going to the SCF twice in 3 years not be covering this game?

I am seriously baffled.

EDIT - on second thought... the Red Wings regional sports channel HAS to be broadcasting this game, right? They broadcasted the away game the other night.. it wouldn't make sense that they'd skip their preseason home opener. So I'm holding out for that and then nutjob or someone to stream it

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
doesn't seem like it's going to be streamed or on tv anywhere...

How can two clubs... one calling themselves "Hockeytown" and the other having the following it does after going to the SCF twice in 3 years not be covering this game?

I am seriously baffled.

EDIT - on second thought... the Red Wings regional sports channel HAS to be broadcasting this game, right? They broadcasted the away game the other night.. it wouldn't make sense that they'd skip their preseason home opener. So I'm holding out for that and then nutjob or someone to stream it

I checked yesterday, the Wings site only shows local AM radio coverage, nothing on TV.

It's total bull**** but this is how pre-season NHL is. I had a whole rant about why we don't have a full-time NESN2 channel the other day, and it still applies. If MSG can have four channels and MASN two, NESN could certainly have a second. It's infuriating and baffling.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I checked yesterday, the Wings site only shows local AM radio coverage, nothing on TV.

It's total bull**** but this is how pre-season NHL is. I had a whole rant about why we don't have a full-time NESN2 channel the other day, and it still applies. If MSG can have four channels and MASN two, NESN could certainly have a second. It's infuriating and baffling.

You're right. Just checked their schedule and they have nothing under "TV network" for this game :shakehead
Same with the Bruins website.

what the **** man

EDIT - At least we'll be able to hear it on 98.5 the sports hub :|

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
You're right. Just checked their schedule and they have nothing under "TV network" for this game :shakehead
Same with the Bruins website.

what the **** man

EDIT - At least we'll be able to hear it on 98.5 the sports hub :|

Pretty sure no radio either, unless something changed today. Goucher even said during Thursday's game they wouldn't be going to DET and would be back for Monday's game against Washington.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Lineup per Bruins twitter:

Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson
Johnson-Spooner-Fraser
Smith-Kelly-Söderberg
Caron-Campbell-Lindblad

Seidenberg - Hamilton
Moore - Boychuk
Krug - Miller

Chad Johnson, Niklas Svedberg

EDIT - Defensive pairings changed around per Bruins twitter

Last edited:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010

Johnson-Spooner-Fraser
Smith-Kelly-Söderberg
Caron-Campbell-Lindblad

Johnny Boychuk - Dougie Hamilton
Torey Krug - Kevan Miller
Mike Moore - Dennis Seidenberg

Big night for 3rd line candidates.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Big night for 3rd line candidates.

Wouldn't be surprised if that line of Smith - Kelly - Soderber is the opening night 3rd line

guess it depends on how well Johnson, Spooner and Fraser play. Those 6 guys are clearly the frontrunners for the job at this point (with Kelly being automatic)

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

Johnson-Spooner-Fraser
Smith-Kelly-Söderberg
Caron-Campbell-Lindblad

Seidenberg - Hamilton
Moore - Boychuk
Krug - Miller

EDIT - Defensive pairings changed around per Bruins twitter

I'm guessing lines 2-4 are typos regarding players playing on their off-wing? Seems weird to have the first line listed correctly though.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I'm guessing lines 2-4 are typos regarding players playing on their off-wing? Seems weird to have the first line listed correctly though.

Soderberg on his off-wing MAY be the way to go for him...

Other thought? Johnson is having a fine preseason, but if he's the guy with the open spot, I'll be very disappointed. Not in HIM or management, but in our young crew with upside that failed to make that decision possible. I don't believe that Johnson has the offensive potential to be the player we need in that spot.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins

Chad Johnson expected to get his chance at playing a full game between the pipes tonight ^CS

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
This should be an easy win for the B's tonight. The Wings are icing an AHL defense and lots of rookie forwards. Don't be surprised if the Bruins return an 8-2 win tonight. No Howard in net either.

Red Wings:

Franzen - Weiss - Cleary
Nyquist - Andersson - Bertuzzi
Miller - Emmerton - Ferraro
Jurco - Sheahan - Järnkrok

Quincey - Smith
Ouellet - Sproul
Lashoff - Paetsch

Gustavsson
Mrazek

Injuries:

Helm (groin, indefinitely)
Eaves (knee & ankle, 2-4 weeks)
Smith (groin, day-to-day)
Kindl (hip flexor, day-to-day, out for weekend)
Alfredsson (groin, day-to-day)

Pulkkinen (suspended)

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
This should be an easy win for the B's tonight. The Wings are icing an AHL defense and lots of rookie forwards. Don't be surprised if the Bruins return an 8-2 win tonight. No Howard in net either.

In these preseason games, the score just doesn't matter to most of us.

For me, it's been much more about the roster and how it will fill out. I would love to see a big game from Soderberg on the right side.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
I can't believe no one is streaming this game, on a Saturday night to boot. Bummer. Hope Caryn Sweetcheeks is on her game tonight with the Twitter updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad