GDT: 9/21-Preseason Game 4 - Bergeron's Return - Bruins @ Red Wings -7pm- Broadcast TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
I didn't see it -- no one around here did -- but pleased Chad Johnson had a good game. Glad he proved me wrong (sic), at least for one night. Hope he can build on it.

With all respect intended- it was one 1/2 game vs. Montreal. And, I would add, Johnson's very first action since last regular season. The biggest challenge for goalies is getting their timing down after long layoffs. There was not one rookie goalie in Florida who covered themselves in glory because of that...and there was some solid talent there. All struggled to make "routine" stops at one time or another- it's just the way it goes & is why pro hockey has training camps and exhibition games. Granted- Niklas Svedberg played well in his 1st action vs. Washington, but if he has a bad game in the next three, does he all of the sudden become a "bum" who isn't ready for the NHL after so many ready to anoint him Rask's backup on Wednesday?

I hope Johnson's showing serves as a good lesson about the pitfalls of the internet/information age and the tendency of some to make snap judgments based on an extremely limited sample size.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I didn't see it -- no one around here did -- but pleased Chad Johnson had a good game. Glad he proved me wrong (sic), at least for one night. Hope he can build on it.

If Johnson had a good game, but no one saw it, did he really have a good game?

#TeamSvedberg :sarcasm:

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Granted- Niklas Svedberg played well in his 1st action vs. Washington, but if he has a bad game in the next three, does he all of the sudden become a "bum" who isn't ready for the NHL after so many ready to anoint him Rask's backup on Wednesday?

This had me smile and chuckle. Of course, you realize the audience you are asking this question of. :laugh:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
With all respect intended- it was one 1/2 game vs. Montreal. And, I would add, Johnson's very first action since last regular season. The biggest challenge for goalies is getting their timing down after long layoffs. There was not one rookie goalie in Florida who covered themselves in glory because of that...and there was some solid talent there. All struggled to make "routine" stops at one time or another- it's just the way it goes & is why pro hockey has training camps and exhibition games. Granted- Niklas Svedberg played well in his 1st action vs. Washington, but if he has a bad game in the next three, does he all of the sudden become a "bum" who isn't ready for the NHL after so many ready to anoint him Rask's backup on Wednesday?

I hope Johnson's showing serves as a good lesson about the pitfalls of the internet/information age and the tendency of some to make snap judgments based on an extremely limited sample size.

I saw a very brief post game interview with Johnson after the Montreal game and he seems like a nice guy.I hope he makes the team.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Johnson is a pretty proven player at this point. A couple of goals in preseason shouldn't change anyone's view of him. He will be a fine 13th or 14th forward, who will compete at both ends of the ice, but make no mistake if he were to play on the 3rd line he would be by far the worst offensive player on that line. His offensive skills are basically just a notch above Shawn Thornton level

Considering he has outproduced Shawn Thornton at every level of hockey by a not insignificant amount, I would love to know what you're basing this on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad