GDT: 9/21/13 Boston @ Detroit - 7:00 p.m.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Luckily, I think Babcock generally puts the Wings in the right position to win. So while putting Cleary in the top 6 would be kinda dumb, I don't think it's the difference between winning and losing.

I think Babcock generally puts the team in the position to win as well, but I absolutely hate and disagree with your last statement. To me that's just an excuse for Babcock on your part. The difference between winning and losing isn't always big, and using a player like Cleary in our top 6 or not can absolutely be the difference. Handcuffing your top players can be the difference. I don't know how anyone can say that they don't think it's a difference between winning and losing.

RedWingsNow*

I think we need a more reasonable definition of player usage than top 6.
It comes down to the roll guys get.
If Abdelkader and Cleary play the kinds of rolls they had last year, and Sammy has that same kind of roll, I'm not optimistic.
If Tatar and Nyquist bounced in and out of the lineup and get 9-10 minutes a night so Cleary and Abdelkader get prime minutes -- that's a problem

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Went to the game. Pretty meh performance but I understood considering our top guy out there was Franzen and him and Weiss had a Cleary to babysit.

Bertuzzi was not good. Tried to do stupid "I'm a veteran and know what I'm doing" crap all game and it led to turnovers. Also didn't look like he did a very good job on that first goal.

Nyquist was dynamic.

Jarnkrok looked pretty good. The rest of the young guy didn't impress or disappoint, really.

Forgot Krug was signed by the Bruins. Always hated that guy.

Bertuzzi fight was fun to watch 5 feet away. First actual fight I've been able to watch in person.

Overall, pretty much what I expected from a preseason game with nothing but rooks and secondary players in the lineup.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
You have to understand the Wings board. They seek perfection. 21 straight playoff appearances now.... or is it 22? Hard to keep track. :sarcasm:

I demand contendership! Especially when we have Datsyuk and Zetterberg!

Jarnkrok looked pretty good.
Good how? Shots? Puck distribution? Defensive awareness? Total game? Grit? Strength?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I demand contendership! Especially when we have Datsyuk and Zetterberg!

Good how? Shots? Puck distribution? Defensive awareness? Total game? Grit? Strength?

I'm not going to get into a shift by shift analysis of what he did considering I only was able to see half the ice really, but the guy had a lot of heart and put himself in the right places to make things happen, defensively in particular.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad