GDT: 9/21/13 Boston @ Detroit - 7:00 p.m.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Okay... some thoughts...

They can't score without Pav and Zee. That's obvious. Two practise games against Stanley Cup winners (without that Z-D-Akader) -line = zero scored goals.

Is it bad or good thing? Of course not good, we have to get Weiss going. He is still scoreless after all these games.

I think defensive play and goaltending has been very good. Two games lost 0-2, problem is the scoring...

RedWingsNow*

Maybe the problem isn't the second line centers (Weiss/Flip) but the second line Wingers.
(Franzen/Cleary/Whoever)

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Okay... some thoughts...

They can't score without Pav and Zee. That's obvious. Two practise games against Stanley Cup winners (without that Z-D-Akader) -line = zero scored goals.

Is it bad or good thing? Of course not good, we have to get Weiss going. He is still scoreless after all these games.

I think defensive play and goaltending has been very good. Two games lost 0-2, problem is the scoring...

The puck moving ability of the defencemen that missed tonight also hurts the offense.

And we have to keep in mind that when Datsyuk and Z are in the lineup, Weiss and company will be getting matchups that aren't quote as difficult.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
it's a bit unfair to expect someone like Weiss to be able to score against top matchups with Cleary on his line

i'd barely even expect Datsyuk to

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The puck moving ability of the defencemen that missed tonight also hurts the offense.

And we have to keep in mind that when Datsyuk and Z are in the lineup, Weiss and company will be getting matchups that aren't quote as difficult.

Of course, but Boston wasn't icing their ECF lineup either.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
When Cleary leads forwards in ice time, you're simply not going to score much, if at all.

Can't wait to hate on the guy all year ;)

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Yeah, sure. It's way too early to say anything with any certainty. I'm just throwing it out there as something to think about about.

I'm just not too concerned about Cleary playing in the top 6 this season. Franzen - Weiss - Alfredsson may not work in the long run, but I don't believe the organization thinks Cleary is an answer.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I'm just not too concerned about Cleary playing in the top 6 this season. Franzen - Weiss - Alfredsson may not work in the long run, but I don't believe the organization thinks Cleary is an answer.

Cleary is the answer. He'll lead us to victory. Forget his turnovers. ****** backchecking. His skating in circles is brilliant.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Interesting to note that Ouellet and Sproul didn't get babied. They got 18 and 19 minutes, respectively. Sproul had more icetime than DeKeyser did. 2 hits and 3 blocked shots for Ouellet. Looks like they were the #2 PP unit, but didn't get any PK time.

Yeah, they were on for the ESG, but that stuff happens. Not sure I can begrudge them one goal against, at least not without having seen it.

Malik had this to say, as he was there:
George Malik ‏@georgemalik 2h

Wings' kids have been good but vets are trying to be far too cute. Ditto for Smith and Quincey. B's outworking Det along the boards

RedWingsNow*

The organization and Mike Babcock are two different things.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
The organization and Mike Babcock are two different things.

Luckily, I think Babcock generally puts the Wings in the right position to win. So while putting Cleary in the top 6 would be kinda dumb, I don't think it's the difference between winning and losing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad