GDT: 9/21/13 Boston @ Detroit - 7:00 p.m.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 18h
Johan Franzen (hip flexor) said he will play tomorrow vs. Boston in home preseason opener.

Red Wings:

Franzen - Weiss - Cleary
Nyquist - Andersson - Bertuzzi
Miller - Emmerton - Ferraro
Jurco - Sheahan - Järnkrok

Quincey - Smith
Ouellet - Sproul
Lashoff - Paetsch

Gustavsson
Mrazek

Injuries:

Helm (groin, indefinitely)
Eaves (knee & ankle, 2-4 weeks)
Smith (groin, day-to-day)
Kindl (hip flexor, day-to-day, out for weekend)
Alfredsson (groin, day-to-day)

Pulkkinen (suspended)

Bruins:

Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Loui Eriksson
Matt Fraser - Ryan Spooner - Nick Johnson
Reilly Smith - Chris Kelly - Carl Söderberg
Jordan Caron - Gregory Campbell - Matt Lindblad

Dennis Seidenberg - Dougie Hamilton
Torey Krug - Johnny Boychuk
Mike Moore - Kevan Miller

Chad Johnson
Niklas Svedberg

If all guys from that first Boston meeting get rest, we'll have something like this:

Franzen - Järnkrok - Alfredsson (I expect Alfie to play, skated normally yesterday)
Jurco - Sheahan - Bertuzzi
Miller - Emmerton - Ferraro
Frk/Tvrdon - Aubry/Lynch - Callahan

Quincey - Smith
Ouellet - Sproul
Lashoff - Paetsch

Gustavsson
Mrazek/Coreau

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Should play "weaker" lineups in awaygames and the stronger ones on homeice, during pre-season, IMO.

Now the B's probably will win this one easily.

I don't think Boston ices very much stronger lineup today. At last game they had 5/7 regular defencemen.

Lucic - Krejci - Iginla will sit today. Maybe that's a good thing for Bruins, they were -3 -3 -2 on thursday. ;)

I predict they'll have a 50/50 roster.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Should be a good game. Ive always had lots of respect for the Red Wings. Its like playing the Patriots of football. Its great to see them Bruins play them 5 times a year. It really forces us to step up our game.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Should be a good game. Ive always had lots of respect for the Red Wings. Its like playing the Patriots of football. Its great to see them Bruins play them 5 times a year. It really forces us to step up our game.

It goes vise-versa. Bruins are the team to beat in this new Division for us.

For me personally, Bruins have been my hidden 2nd favourite (let's say 99.9% Wings, 0.1% Bruins, 0% others) I have had most some sympathy from Eastern Conference in recent years. Now I don't know will I start hating Bruins because you are now our rival. Maybe not.

As a younger kid I used to hate every rival (Avs, Blues, Ducks, Sharks, Hawks etc.). The only team I really already hate from east is the Maple Leafs. :)

But Bruins will the main target now. It will be the biggest bear in forest to be hunted. Maybe this new relationship against Bruins turns to be more respect than hate.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
B's has also been my 2nd team, but I think that will change this year :D. Now we're division rivals and they're to be seen as a total different kind of animal.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
No word yet but I would assume if you google the usual suspects in search it will be easy to find one 10-15mins prior to the game. Locally it isn't even televised for us either.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Ansar Khan
@AnsarKhanMLive
Wings' group that's playing tonight vs. BOS skating. Lines: Franzen-Weiss-Cleary, Nyquist-Andersson-Bertuzzi, Miller-Emmerton-Ferraro

Wings' lines (cont.): Jarnkrok-Sheahan-Jurco; on D: Quincey-Smith, DeKeyser-Lashoff, Ouellet-Sproul; Gustavsson and Mrazek in goal.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Lineup update:

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 5m
Wings' group that's playing tonight vs. BOS skating. Lines: Franzen-Weiss-Cleary, Nyquist-Andersson-Bertuzzi, Miller-Emmerton-Ferraro

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 3m
Jarnkrok-Sheahan-Jurco; on D: Quincey-Smith, DeKeyser-Lashoff, Ouellet-Sproul; Gustavsson and Mrazek in goal.

Update2:

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 6m
Projected lines vs Detroit tonight: Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson, Johnson-Spooner-Fraser, Smith-Kelly-Söderberg, Caron-Campbell-Lindblad ^CS

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 5m View translation
Tonight's D: Johnny Boychuk, Dougie Hamilton, Torey Krug, Kevan Miller, Mike Moore, Dennis Seidenberg. G: Chad Johnson, Niklas Svedberg ^CS

Last edited:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Wow, we should get smoked with that lineup out on the ice. The only things I find remotely interesting are:

Andersson's line. He's had success with Nyquist in the past. Would prefer Mule over Bert on that line.

The Sproul-Xavier pairing. For obvious reasons.

EDIT: Hopefully Gus gets shelled so we get to see a lot of Petr.

RedWingsNow*

Should play "weaker" lineups in awaygames and the stronger ones on homeice, during pre-season, IMO.

Now the B's probably will win this one easily.

I don't think the actual point of the lineup is to win the game

RedWingsNow*

Wowow -- dat defense -- AHL caliber defense, right there

Interesting that Ferraro is playing on the "fourth line" with Miller and Emmerton

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Let's not forget Rory Smith, the best fighter in the National Lacrosse League, and brother to Brendan and Reilly

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Yeah, Reilly Smith was one piece in that Eriksson <> Seguin mega-trade and he's now a Bruin.

This must be a blast for their parents (Leaflanders), to have one son on the Wings and the other on the Bruins. (At least it's not the Habs, eh?)

I think Brendan said Reilly was a Wings fan growing up, iirc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad