GDT: 9/19: Preseason Game 3: Bruins vs. Red Wings: 7pm ET: Streaming on Bruins Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
I find it hard to think of a reason why Spooner and Johnson shouldn't be on the team.

I've wanted to see Soderberg get a chance (and I think he should at least get 15 games still) but god damn, Spooner is the real deal. Kid is in another league compared to some of these guys.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I didn't even try to watch this game and couldn't follow comments from those who do.

I have the impression that Subban's lack of experience showed.

Spooner played well.

Some think Fraser played well.

Nick Johnson really wants to make the team.

Krug is still pretty awesome.

The Redwings have made all their cuts or forgot it was the pre season.

Would love to be a fly on the wall to hear the discussions in the front office over cuts.

nycbruins*

Mcquaid was great in the 1st game & has been good-great in 4 NHL playoffs now, so I'm not worried about this game

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Bartkowski is making a great case to be a regular. This is a great problem to have but someone's going and soon I would imagine. Caron + D?

I thought Dougie looked good last night and is definitely stronger and nastier.

I'll take Nick Johnson but my gutter mind is going to miss A Johnson ;)

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Bartkowski is making a great case to be a regular. This is a great problem to have but someone's going and soon I would imagine. Caron + D?

I thought Dougie looked good last night and is definitely stronger and nastier.

I'll take Nick Johnson but my gutter mind is going to miss A Johnson ;)

I don't see the B's moving a D-man right now. McQuaid and Boychuk both started off as the 7th d-man, and they did fine. I think all of Bart, Krug, and Dougie are at the point where NHL coaching and practicing will be just as good as playing in the A. Others have talked about this, but if the B's are as good as we hope they are, roll 7 D and give Chara and Sides some games off during the regular season. Keeps them fresh and gets the youngsters more playing time.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I don't see the B's moving a D-man right now. McQuaid and Boychuk both started off as the 7th d-man, and they did fine. I think all of Bart, Krug, and Dougie are at the point where NHL coaching and practicing will be just as good as playing in the A. Others have talked about this, but if the B's are as good as we hope they are, roll 7 D and give Chara and Sides some games off during the regular season. Keeps them fresh and gets the youngsters more playing time.

100% agree. An NHL roster needs 7 d-men that can play on any given night. If they move one of them, who joins the roster? Trottman? Cross? Millar? None of those guys sound ready and would probably be a train-wreck in real NHL action. Best to keep all 7 guys and rotate them.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Its going to be fun playing Detroit, they certainly set the bar high. We have some work to do. Probably the most dominant NHL franchise during my life.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour

GD for GM AND Coach! :yo:

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I got to watch Subban last week at the training camp and thought he was extremely raw and wasnt shocked he struggled last night at all. He looks very athletic and fast but his technique was very raw. He reacts rather than anticipates and at the NHL level thats too late. He has a fantastic starting point with his athleticism but needs a lot of seasoning and since he is only 19 he has plenty of time to work on things.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Its going to be fun playing Detroit, they certainly set the bar high. We have some work to do. Probably the most dominant NHL franchise during my life.

Less dominant in recent years but incredibly consistent, and I think the B`s are right there with em. Didn`t see last nights game and judging by the score, that`s not a bad thing, nor do I put any stock into pre-season blowouts.

Loved the B`s eating the Habbies, but it hardly sets the table for the regular season. Pre-season all about the vets dusting off the rust, and the kids competing for spots and the coaches a chance to evaluate them and to see which player has chemistry with others

Heard the Garden crowd gave Subban the mock cheers when he made a save??? Hmm, not very nice peeps;)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I got to watch Subban last week at the training camp and thought he was extremely raw and wasnt shocked he struggled last night at all. He looks very athletic and fast but his technique was very raw. He reacts rather than anticipates and at the NHL level thats too late. He has a fantastic starting point with his athleticism but needs a lot of seasoning and since he is only 19 he has plenty of time to work on things.

Plenty of time??? I`m sorry, these days, especially on HF, if a prospect isn`t ready in 12-24 months, they are complete duds:sarcasm:;)

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
I didn't even try to watch this game and couldn't follow comments from those who do.

I have the impression that Subban's lack of experience showed.

Spooner played well.

Some think Fraser played well.

Nick Johnson really wants to make the team.

Krug is still pretty awesome.

The Redwings have made all their cuts or forgot it was the pre season.

Would love to be a fly on the wall to hear the discussions in the front office over cuts.

They're getting ready for the season that's for sure. Time for Claude to do the same and start icing the real lineup to build some chemistry and cut the crap (Caron & Co )

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Plenty of time??? I`m sorry, these days, especially on HF, if a prospect isn`t ready in 12-24 months, they are complete duds:sarcasm:;)

LOL..very true. In all honesty I dont think Subban every suits them up for the Bruins. Tuuka is still young and just signed that huge contract. Subban is more of a bargaining chip than anything else at this point.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
LOL..very true. In all honesty I dont think Subban every suits them up for the Bruins. Tuuka is still young and just signed that huge contract. Subban is more of a bargaining chip than anything else at this point.

We shall see, not tryin to jinx anything but with goalies....anything can happen

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Boston is better than Detroit, I'd take us over them in a 7 game series anyday

Not sure if better is the word, definitely a different style.

One thing I noticed is that if the B's can get it deep and on the wall they will grind that Detroit D to death. Just need to interrupt their puck possession because once they start to get rolling they're deadly.

2 upper echelon teams that do it different ways.

Datsyuk is such a joy to watch. While we haven't had a tonne of success against them recently our games vs the Wings in the past few years have stood out as my favourites to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad