GDT: 9/19: Preseason Game 3: Bruins vs. Red Wings: 7pm ET: Streaming on Bruins Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
One of his two (the PP goal) was a cheapie the other night on Price. The second one was a nice defensive play that turned into a breakaway goal.

Didn't see the one tonight, but everybody that did said it was great.

Interesting. The way he's playing and producing right now, it's going to be damn hard, if not impossible to justify having Caron in the lineup over Johnson, at least to start off anyway...

Kelly - Soderberg - Johnson?

With both Smith and Caron as the 13-14?

All jammed up on the 3rd line ...

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
Still a kid, but a kid that is showing a disturbing tendency to not put the last goal behind him. Getting booed is really neither here nor there after all the racist BS he had to go through after the U20s. But I don't like the tendency where his game degrades as he lets goals in. Something to work on in Providence.

No worries about his mental thoughness. Subban's dad once said to Mathieu Darche from the Habs: Hey! I heard you've been pretty hard on PK? Darche said: "Yes, sometimes PK needs to know what he can do or not, he needs direction".

Subban's Dad answered: "That's right! Keep on doing this. He needs it!"

What I mean with that is that Subban's thrives on boo's and stuff like this. He'll come back stronger and better. They all grown up like this in the family ;)

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Sure seems good on paper so far ... Haven't gotten a chance to see any of the action.

Have his goals been quality snipes or just being in the right place/right time kind of thing?

Intriguing for sure ... Could be the nail in the coffin for Jordan Caron.
Here is tonight's goal courtesy of dafoomie:

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
1) You are not "my friend"

2) I said I watched bits and pieces tonight (bad stream) and will watch the game on the NHL Network tomorrow (DVR already set). If Soderberg was bad, I will say he was bad.

3) In the game vs MTL the other night Soderberg had his ass parked in front of the net, and did that last season as well, so I'm not sure what you are talking about?

4) By all accounts, B's management has been impressed with Yeti, and that's all that really matters, my friend

You guys are friends?
That's nice.
I had a friend in Grenada; we called him "Lil Tater"
One night, he wouldn't stop screaming; was gonna give away our position
So, I had to choke him out.

http://vimeo.com/50653739

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
1) You are not "my friend"

2) I said I watched bits and pieces tonight (bad stream) and will watch the game on the NHL Network tomorrow (DVR already set). If Soderberg was bad, I will say he was bad.

3) In the game vs MTL the other night Soderberg had his ass parked in front of the net, and did that last season as well, so I'm not sure what you are talking about?

4) By all accounts, B's management has been impressed with Yeti, and that's all that really matters, my friend

Come on man, can't we be friends?? I will try not to upset you and bash your yeti too much.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Yeti looks alright to me, he goes to the dirty areas at least. Might be a bit slow but he is a bigger guy as well.

Tonight was a bit embarrassing... for Detroit in my mind. Dressing a full NHL lineup against 7 or 8 Bruins with a junior prospect goalie in net.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
McQuaid looked god-awful as well, like a barely average #6 defenseman (which I've always felt he is) but on a bad night it really shows.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Nick Johnson just made the team.

Just in from the game.

Nick looked good out there.

Subban is 19 and has not played in the AHL. He needs work but that is expected considering how young he is. I kind of felt bad for him...Tough crowd.

Krug is fun to watch.

When are more cuts being made ?

Seems like Detroit had fewer rookies playing than Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad