GDT: 9/19: Preseason Game 3: Bruins vs. Red Wings: 7pm ET: Streaming on Bruins Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
Spooner has speed that would be a great asset to have on that third line, reminds me a lot of Seguin. Only problem is I don't think he plays wing. Johnson looked good as well but its hard to tell if thats what we can expect from him all year. When he played for Phoenix he only scored 8 goals in 77 games. Spooner I'd feel more comfortable with.

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I wouldn't mind Johnson as the 13th forward with his salary, but I want someone with a bit more upside to start on the third line. Right now I'm thinking Smith on the third line and either Johnson or Caron as the 13th forward.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
LOL. Just read through the thread. Our crowd mock cheered Subban in a preseason game?:facepalm:

NOT everyone. Most near me felt bad for him. Subban has never played in the ALH even so I don't know why folks thought he would be NHL ready. :help: He was playing against Detroit without rookies (at least that's how it looked to me).

He needs work but he is 19 and just up from Jrs.

Cut him some slack please.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yucky wings board... people posting "haha theres the best in the east folks, here we come chicago in the final!!"

AHHH.

Good for them. The B's will kick their ass once they put the real Bruin's team on the ice.

Did Detroit have any rookies out there ?

I am not worried. I can't wait for the season to start. :yo:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Here's background information on Nick Johnson. He turns 28 on Christmas eve.

http://slambios.canoe.ca/sportsplus/hockey/player.php?4628

His training camp efforts have no doubt put him into serious consideration for the third line RW position. Will it be enough to win the job?

If not, let's rotate him with Thornton on the 4th line with Paille+Campbell depending of the opponent.

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
March-Bergy-Loui
Yeti-Kelly-Smith
Paille-Campbell-Johnson/Thornton

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
If not, let's rotate him with Thornton on the 4th line with Paille+Campbell depending of the opponent.

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
March-Bergy-Loui
Yeti-Kelly-Smith

He seems like the type of player who doesn't consistently score a ton of goals but will score the unexpected clutch goal late in the 3rd or OT.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Does anybody think Nick Johnson will get a chance?

I had hockey last night, so I missed the game, but after reading this I am almost glad.

Too bad Subban got lit up, but at least he learned what it is like playing against men and everyone here knew he was not going to stay up with the big club. Great learning experience.

Iginla scoring again, nice and Nick Johnson with a spectacular deke.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
NOT everyone. Most near me felt bad for him. Subban has never played in the ALH even so I don't know why folks thought he would be NHL ready. :help: He was playing against Detroit without rookies (at least that's how it looked to me).

He needs work but he is 19 and just up from Jrs.

Cut him some slack please.

Those are just the bandwagon fans that don't even follow the team.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Good for them. The B's will kick their ass once they put the real Bruin's team on the ice.

Several.
McIntyre, Glendening, Almquist. all of which will be back in the AHL this season. Along with several guys who only saw limited NHL games last season like Dekeyser, Lashoff, Tatar, Nyquist, and Andersson. Several of which are likely to split time between the NHL and AHL again this season.

Wings didn't suit up Franzen and Alredsson due to minor injuries, but other than those two, you pretty much saw the 13/14 wings team last night.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
Yucky wings board... people posting "haha theres the best in the east folks, here we come chicago in the final!!"

AHHH.

I respect their team though, even without Lidstrom they can still hold their own so. The Bruins will have to bring their best against them every time they meet.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013

AHHH.

lol pretty sure only one person said that....and he was probably kidding. any knowledgeable wings fan knows the bruins only had half their team in the lineup....

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
March-Bergy-Loui
Yeti-Kelly-Smith

ugh.
when you see it written down, its makes you realize how bad our third line is gonna be again.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA

I am not worried. I can't wait for the season to start. :yo:
Granted, this isn't the most telling or meaningful statistic, but here are the total NHL games played by the players on last night's rosters:

Red Wings
~6640

Bruins
~5155

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Red Wings fan coming in peace. We had around 6-8 ahl/prospects in the game. Also no one that follows hockey can believe that you won't match up bergie, erikkson, and marchand against our euro twin line in the regular season.

If Rask was in their instead of Subban at least 3 of our goals flat out would not have happened. I felt for Subban in this game. The closest applicable goalie in our system is Patterson. And in our prospect camp he got lit up when he played against our 1st line as well.

Our matchups this season will mainly be determined by our goalies in that who outplays who. As well as who has home ice for last change. Line matching will be very common place from my understanding of both our head coaches. Also our first two games in the first week of the season won't mean much in the long run due to the fact that both teams have new integrations of personnel in need of chemistry with their respective linemates.

More than likely our Franzen, Weiss, Alfie line will probably see your Lucic, Kreichi, Iginla line. The biggest thing this season will more than likely come down to whose bottom 6 lines are better against each other.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Red Wings fan coming in peace. We had around 6-8 ahl/prospects in the game. Also no one that follows hockey can believe that you won't match up bergie, erikkson, and marchand against our euro twin line in the regular season.

If Rask was in their instead of Subban at least 3 of our goals flat out would not have happened. I felt for Subban in this game. The closest applicable goalie in our system is Patterson. And in our prospect camp he got lit up when he played against our 1st line as well.

Our matchups this season will mainly be determined by our goalies in that who outplays who. As well as who has home ice for last change. Line matching will be very common place from my understanding of both our head coaches. Also our first two games in the first week of the season won't mean much in the long run due to the fact that both teams have new integrations of personnel in need of chemistry with their respective linemates.

More than likely our Franzen, Weiss, Alfie line will probably see your Lucic, Kreichi, Iginla line. The biggest thing this season will more than likely come down to whose bottom 6 lines are better against each other.

I like your avatar. :laugh:

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
you pretty much saw the 13/14 wings team last night.
This is not really accurate.

Here's what the Wings were missing:

The entire second pairing (Quincey and Smith), 2/3 of the second line (Alfredsson and Franzen), Darren Helm, Bertuzzi, Miller.

What this ends up meaning is that the Wings' special teams were jumbled up, as Alfredsson will play the point on the #1 PP unit and Franzen will certainly play on the second one. Likewise, Helm and Miller (when healthy) are basically the first PK unit.

That's not to mention that the size from Franzen and Bertuzzi make it a lot easier for the Wings to play a big, tough team like Boston.

So what you saw was the top-end, but you didn't see the depth picture. I think we can all agree that depth is tremendously important when good teams like these go head to head.

nycbruins*

Wow, if this is the way it's gonna be, we might have to ask all Red Wings fans to stay the hell off our board. Lots of smack talking and not minding their own business around here. It's not 2008 anymore, you're not a superpower & the Hockeytown days, which were mostly b.s. to begin with, are no longer. Just go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad