9/19/20 - 7:30PM EDT - Dallas vs Tampa Bay [SCF Game 1]

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
True, I suppose I'll take that exchange :)

Even though Dallas without Faksa hurts them more than Tampa without Stamkos I feel like

Well we have had to deal with no Stamkos for this whole tournament and hasn't been the first time they had to. Not necessarily a new thing to them. Hope we see him soon though. We miss him is shot on the pp.

Heddyzeppelin

Aug 24, 2020
Love the GDT. Great job.

Tampa needs to take an early lead in this one. Not being well rested you don’t want to be playing from behind.

Lots of talent on both sides. Compelling storylines.

Let’s play hockey!

Go Bolts!!!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

I'm guessing Stamkos will either be back for game 2 or 3

dasher01.jpg

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
That's wishful thinking if you think Tampa won't score until game 3. I'm afraid of Tampa coming in and blowing out Dallas early.
We gave up first goal in like 5 straight games against the Islanders. I'm more worried about us coming out flat and getting styled on like game 1 vs. the Isles.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
We gave up first goal in like 5 straight games against the Islanders. I'm more worried about us coming out flat and getting styled on like game 1 vs. the Isles.
A big difference from the Islanders is PPs. From the first round on, the NYI had a 15.4% PP while the Stars have a 27.3% PP. The Islanders are good at keeping games tied, but they were not able to use the man advantage to change a game the way the Stars have.

It makes a big difference in how you play if you fear taking penalties. I guess the thing to see is how much the very veteran ref crew follows tradition of swallowing their whistles. It may seem counter intuitive to think the less offensive team would be hurt by “let them play” reffing, but the Stars have leaned very heavily on their PP.

Reactions: Tryamw

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
A big difference from the Islanders is PPs. From the first round on, the NYI had a 15.4% PP while the Stars have a 27.3% PP. The Islanders are good at keeping games tied, but they were not able to use the man advantage to change a game the way the Stars have.

It makes a big difference in how you play if you fear taking penalties. I guess the thing to see is how much the very veteran ref crew follows tradition of swallowing their whistles. It may seem counter intuitive to think the less offensive team would be hurt by “let them play” reffing, but the Stars have leaned very heavily on their PP.
What's a whistle? (NHL playoffs...) Oh those things the linesmen have to signal Offsides :)

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

PP is gonna be huge in this series. Dallas has been good at it while tampa needs work. Tampa has been good on the pk. Curious how Dallas will be there. If tb can neutralize their pp will be huge for them.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad