GDT: 9/19/20 - 7:30PM EDT - Dallas vs Tampa Bay [SCF Game 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
Anton Khudobin.... LMAO!! Career backup everywhere he’s been. Wins the job from our old Ben Bishop (injured in the playoffs, gee wow, huh that’s weird lol)

Smoke this clown for 5 goals in game 2 & remind him of his place in this league. He’s a flash in the pan & WE WILL NOT BE DENIED BY ANTON F*ing KHUDOBIN IN THE SCF....

OR RICK “my defense blows so I got fired” BOWNESS

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Anton Khudobin.... LMAO!! Career backup everywhere he’s been. Wins the job from our old Ben Bishop (injured in the playoffs, gee wow, huh that’s weird lol)

Smoke this clown for 5 goals in game 2 & remind him of his place in this league. He’s a flash in the pan & WE WILL NOT BE DENIED BY ANTON F*ing KHUDOBIN IN THE SCF....

This post is very Bruins fan esque.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Haha that’s funny! TJ or Killorn producing is such an afterthought. I’ve given up on both of them, especially TJ. He disgraces the #9 I have always worn & loved.... Tyler I know you read these boards bc you’re so insecure & vain, plus others have said as much.... but I want you to know how pathetic you have become and what a drain on this club you are. When we approach you with a trade this offseason, just accept it. Otherwise you’re going to Seattle with the rest of the castoffs in 2021 you plug

love what tyler johnson has done for this franchise but this playoffs he is definitely not producing I hope he can find his game

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
So we have three goals in regulation in the last three games. Time for the big guns to wake up now. I half expected us to lose the first game but we can't go down 2 games.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
At this point I feel like Stamkos coming back could be what makes or breaks our series. An elite guy with fresh legs is what we desperately need, especially considering his rocket on the PP.

Our PP been absolutely atrocious for too much time and it's absurd to me that we don't find a way to get it going. 1 every 3 powerplays we get, especially in the SCF, has to become a goal especially with how well defensively Dallas plays.
If not, this will be once again a year of huge disappointments.

We DESPERATELY need Stammer to come back and bring back some jolts to this team.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Stamkos hasn't played in months and he's not such a great playoffs performer on top of that. Of course he could help on the PP, but the problem runs deeper.
Scoring depth has undoubtedly declined over time, and now it has completely dried up. The forwards look either gassed or injured, it's bad. This group is being tested by adversity.

Those are the moments who define what kind of team you are, either regroup and fight back with all your heart, or just give up. We'll see.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Posted this on main boards and the Lightning's fate comes down to slaying this below demon. Every playoff team that has taken Lightning out late has gotten important support from secondary scorers at some point in our series against them. The Lightning don't have this luxury from secondary scorers when our best players have an off night. This has got to change and Lightning need "ALL" hands on deck. We know who these players are, so I won't even mention them but they have to step up so this "Team" can reach their goal.

<<<<<< Main Board post below >>>>>>
Lightning better start finding back of net soon, or they'll trip up at the finish-line again. All teams go through scoring droughts, but the Lightning sure seem to pick worst possible time. Hitting goalpost, missed open nets, good saves, broken sticks, etc. Seen it all over the years with this Lightning team and it doesn't matter who they're playing. They continually dry up during critical playoff moments and their inability to get it past good goaltending might cost them again. Slay this demon, and the Lightning would increase their odds of reaching the promise-land.

Last 3 games of 2015 Stanley Cup Final
2-1 (Loss, 1 goal scored)
2-1 (Loss, 1 goal scored)
2-0 (Loss, 1 goal scored)

Last 2 games 2016 ECF
5-2 (Loss, 2 goals scored)
2-1 (Loss, 1 goals scored)

Last 2 games 2018 ECF
3-0 (Loss, 0 goals scored)
4-0 (Loss, 0 goals scored)

Last 3 games this post season
1 goal scored in regulation at this stage won't win "The Cup" (2 Losses and 1 win in OT)

The Lightning are fortunate they didn't lose game 6 last series because of another untimely scoring drought. Lightning need at least 2-3 goals a game to be successful and they'll need that this series to give them a chance. This starts with secondary scoring giving the Lightning stars support, then your best players don't have that added pressure of having to score every game. If "All" Lightning scorers can't figure out how to finish their chances during critical moments in playoffs, this is going to be a even a tougher series than it already was.

Go Lightning !!!!!!!

Last edited:

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019

Disagree, Khudobin is playing good but the Lightning had good opportunities to get that 2nd goal last night when it mattered (Vassy allowed this). This Lightning bunch has had scoring dry up deep in the playoffs over many years now, this is on them. No one else. The same thing has happened agaisnt different goalies, different teams, and different coaching during deep playoff runs. All this is on the Lightning players scoring shortcomings, period!!! If they don't find a way to get it past solid goaltending, they'll fall short again. I love this team, but settling for perimeter outside shots after decent zone time possessions (Especially without screens), won't cut at this stage. Then when they finally do get a great opportunities down low, breakaway, or open net shot. They don't take full advantage and they end up only scoring 0 or 1 goals during those games. Vassy is good but giving him 1 goal support in regulation (During deep runs) will not get this team "The Cup"

The Lightning have to attack the net with fever. They need to skate to the spots/net, make the defense react to movements across the middle (To much around the boards/circles), need to cause on purpose juicy rebounds, attack from behind the net, and get bodies in front of goalie. They're at their best when they play this way.....

Last edited:
Reactions: J T Money

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Disagree, Khudobin is playing good but the Lightning had good opportunities to get that 2nd goal last night when it mattered (Vassy allowed this). This Lightning bunch has had scoring dry up deep in the playoffs over many years now, this is on them. No one else. The same thing has happened agaisnt different goalies, different teams, and different coaching during deep playoff runs. All this is on the Lightning players scoring shortcomings, period!!! If they don't find a way to get it past solid goaltending, they'll fall short again. I love this team, but settling for perimeter outside shots after decent zone time possessions (Especially without screens), won't cut at this stage. Then when they finally do get a great opportunities down low, breakaway, or open net shot. They don't take full advantage and they end up only scoring 0 or 1 goals during those games. Vassy is good but giving him 1 goal support in regulation (During deep runs) will not get this team "The Cup"

The Lightning have to attack the net with fever. They need to skate to the spots/net, make the defense react to movements across the middle (To much around the boards/circles), need to cause on purpose juicy rebounds, attack from behind the net, and get bodies in front of goalie. They're at their best when they play this way.....

The Lightning have also been supremely unlucky (hitting posts etc) but the real issue is they need to play like they did against Columbus and Boston. I swear 75% of our goals in those games came from deflections/redirects. Straight shots are going to be rare in this series.

I expect Cooper to have the team prepared for game 2.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Point just hasn't looked the same since he came back in Game 6. We can't rely on him to drive the offense, this is going to have to be done by committee. Kucherov had some good looks but Dallas kept him to the perimeter all night. I actually think the 2nd line generated a lot of good chances, especially Killorn's chance where he was robbed by Khudobin's toe.

Nautica54

Nov 28, 2015
Keep it simple.

Play to the whistle

Have to get the PP going

Vasy has to do better on allowing rebounds and also that 1 lousy 3rd goal.

We do that and that game very well could have been a 3-1/4-2 TB win. That is the margin for error at this stage between winning 4-1 or losing 4-1. Little mistakes turn into swings.

Last edited:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Tampa elevated its game in the final 20 minutes but Dallas deliberately sat on their 2 goals lead too. Scoring chances were 19-11 in Dallas' favor after 2 periods. This game was clear domination and clock management by Dallas.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Stamkos hasn't played in months and he's not such a great playoffs performer on top of that. Of course he could help on the PP, but the problem runs deeper.
Scoring depth has undoubtedly declined over time, and now it has completely dried up. The forwards look either gassed or injured, it's bad. This group is being tested by adversity.

Those are the moments who define what kind of team you are, either regroup and fight back with all your heart, or just give up. We'll see.
Like Hedman said after game 5 vs NYI...
Now we'll see who we really are.

I can say it's hard to win a series without a line or so...
We need the Brad Richards' one...

Last edited:
Reactions: flying squirrel

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
This is the same Tampa story though. Different characters, same script. The spotlight gets bigger, the stars get smaller. Kucherov didn’t look like he should even be on a 4th line last night. He was horrible. Every year we deal with this exact same thing. The scoring dries up and there’s no one to step up. We’re dealing with it now. 1 goal isn’t going to cut it. Continuing to waste endless power play opportunities isn’t going to cut it. Passing out of wide open shooting chances isn’t going to f’n cut it.

The Islanders didn’t look like they belonged on the same continent as Tampa in game 1 and they closed the gap after that. Tampa closed the gap in the third in terms of effort but when you’ve already given the other guys a 2 goal, 2 period spot before you start to turn it up, shit just isn’t gonna go well for you.

They come out tomorrow and play like they did in the third, they can win. If Bogo isn’t so busy jerking himself off trying to avenge a clean hit, maybe they don’t score. If the refs catch an obvious icing, maybe they don’t score.

I turned the game off real early last night cause I just can’t watch effortless hockey anymore but I kind of expected this from Tampa. The next game will be the real answer to whether or not Tampa is going to fall victim to the same tired ass story or if they’re going to rewrite things themselves.

Hockeyman1962

Dec 22, 2019
That's a pretty bold statement buddy from a guy who has probably never played competitive hockey in his life. You are the one that sounds insecure and vain in my perspective. I don't think he would of been given a 7 year contract with NTC if he is so disliked as you say. Either some one peed in your corn flakes or he took your girlfriend away either way you are way over the top on this statement.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
That's a pretty bold statement buddy from a guy who has probably never played competitive hockey in his life. You are the one that sounds insecure and vain in my perspective. I don't think he would of been given a 7 year contract with NTC if he is so disliked as you say. Either some one peed in your corn flakes or he took your girlfriend away either way you are way over the top on this statement.
Exactly what I've been saying. Players never regress. They only get better over time.

Who is 'bad' at the moment can also change. Palat was looking past his prime not so long ago. Killorn had a huge regular season just this year. But we're weeks away now from free agency starting and decisions have to get made.

KuchieKooRov

Aug 13, 2020
Who are you talking about? Ohhhh Johnson?!?! Sorry I realized it after typing this message. For some reason I thought we signed him to a 5 year deal like Palat, but I guess it was 7.

He is just not having the strongest playoff run, but I thought that line (including Johnson) looked good last night. If they can pick it up, we might be able to take this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad