Not open for further replies.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Is icing a challengeable play?

No.

--

Just going to say that I've seen plenty, both before, during, and after this game, about the lack of rest compared to Dallas and, well, I have no sympathy for that. If we score on that 4-minute power play at the end of regulation/beginning of OT in Game 5, none of the problems incurred by playing another 30 minutes in that game + regulation in Game 6 + 12 1/2 minutes of overtime in Game 6 and the stresses associated with it...none of that happens. We brought these problems on ourselves.

So that's our fault. If we lose this series thanks in part to a slow start due to fatigue, that's our fault, 100%. We might yet end up ruing not scoring on that power play when we had the chance.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Ok, a little further breakdown of power play stats:

Columbus series + first two games vs Boston: 0-16
Game 3 vs. Boston: 3-7
Games 4-5 vs. Boston: 1-8
Game 1 vs. NYI: 3-5
Since then: 1-18

So we've had two games where we cleaned up on the power play. The other 15 games? We're 2-39 on the power play. TWO. FOR. THIRTY NINE. Literally a success rate of 5% across 15 of our 17 playoff games.

Unacceptable. Atrocious.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
And NBC, NHL, NBCSN, CBC being anti-Bolts - it gets old.
You're right but, unfortunately the importance of our team/market, for them, is really low.
And, of course, we are in a world where the rules are not the same for everyone.
Look at the game...we played like trash and we deserved the loss...bt if the second goal was illegal and if also the first one is questionable...there's something wrong...

Reactions: PJ817

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy

So we've had two games where we cleaned up on the power play. The other 15 games? We're 2-39 on the power play. TWO. FOR. THIRTY NINE. Literally a success rate of 5% across 15 of our 17 playoff games.

Unacceptable. Atrocious.
If you consider the total of the PP, we scored in 8 of 54 PP.
Really an awful number.
#DressStammer

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Unacceptable. Atrocious.

You can't win a cup with that. Needs to be better.

Reactions: Todd1a

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I mean, yeah. 14.8% on the power play is terrible enough. But when you see that the bulk of our success is as concentrated as it is, it makes that number even worse than it already is.
Without the PP our series will be short and negative.
I really hope they will dress Stammer: he could help a lot.
This numbers are simply horrendous.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
3 games in a row we only scored one freaking goal in regulation! Our forwards have to step up this is ridiculous now!

19 Degrees

Dec 13, 2014
Never fear guys, all is happening as it needed to play out. We can win without Stamkos, but we can't win the cup without him, and that just needed to be more clear before he gets back in the game. You know Stamkos was never going to win the cup vicariously.

19 Degrees

Dec 13, 2014
Just think about it. Stamkos takes a team-friendly contract to watch them win the cup? Not happening. Winning the cup with 91 is about to start happening.

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
This is the next demon the Lightning have to slay these playoffs, this has plagued this core in every playoff deep playoff run
All hands on deck, and supporting players like Johnson & Killorn have to fill the void, so this bunch can get over the hump

Go Lightning !!!!!

Haha that’s funny! TJ or Killorn producing is such an afterthought. I’ve given up on both of them, especially TJ. He disgraces the #9 I have always worn & loved.... Tyler I know you read these boards bc you’re so insecure & vain, plus others have said as much.... but I want you to know how pathetic you have become and what a drain on this club you are. When we approach you with a trade this offseason, just accept it. Otherwise you’re going to Seattle with the rest of the castoffs in 2021 you plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad