GDT: 9/19/20 - 7:30PM EDT - Dallas vs Tampa Bay [SCF Game 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
We can't play like shit this series and hope to win, It just isn't gonna happen. The team has to wake up in a hurry or this will be a very short series with us yet again not winning a cup. Like I said I am ready to be emotionally scarred yet again. Need a bounce-back game tomorrow. Gonna need to start finding the back of the net in a hurry.

Discipline

Oct 14, 2019
North Carolina
Not really that worried. Only thing that really ticked me off was lack of special teams scoring.

Someone needs to do something. Jumble the line up? Rework the strategy? What can they do to force a guy out of the box? Or can Johnson find his game?

I think that first? or second PP looked great generating chances. However, they have to convert on at least one opportunity. It just makes me sick not seeing special teams score when that can be the difference between winning a game and losing. (We still deserved to lose game 1 though with how bad the play was, but I maybe just a blind optimist thinking we can still hang and win game 2 and 3.)

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Not really that worried. Only thing that really ticked me off was lack of special teams scoring.

Someone needs to do something. Jumble the line up? Rework the strategy? What can they do to force a guy out of the box? Or can Johnson find his game?

I think that first? or second PP looked great generating chances. However, they have to convert on at least one opportunity. It just makes me sick not seeing special teams score when that can be the difference between winning a game and losing. (We still deserved to lose game 1 though with how bad the play was, but I maybe just a blind optimist thinking we can still hang and win game 2 and 3.)
The Lightning don't really keep a consistent net front presence on the PP. If it's intentional, I get wanting to keep everyone moving, but the goalie doesn't end up screened. You can confuse the skaters all you want, but if you can turn the lights out on the goalie, you've got him.

The second problem is that despite the movement, there isn't usually any surprise. We know what the Lightning want to do, where Kuch is going to be, where Hedman is going to be, etc., and they'll pass and cycle around until everyone is in their usual spot. The downside of structure. It's maybe asking too much of the players.

Greg Revak has kind of questionable takes sometimes, IMO.

Reactions: Discipline

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
The Lightning don't really keep a consistent net front presence on the PP. If it's intentional, I get wanting to keep everyone moving, but the goalie doesn't end up screened. You can confuse the skaters all you want, but if you can turn the lights out on the goalie, you've got him.

The second problem is that despite the movement, there isn't usually any surprise. We know what the Lightning want to do, where Kuch is going to be, where Hedman is going to be, etc., and they'll pass and cycle around until everyone is in their usual spot. The downside of structure. It's maybe asking too much of the players.

Greg Revak has kind of questionable takes sometimes, IMO.

Yeah, surely teams will be eager to copy our 0-14 PP strat.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
There are some seriously insane reactions to this game...

What, did you think we'd just mow down everybody? You knew before the playoffs began that there'd be low scoring games and probably an "oh shit" moment or two at some point, where the team finds itself in a hole. Happens to pretty much any team that's ever won anything. Check out how the other teams this playoffs fared when they come out of a grueling series to face a well rested opponent.

Games 1 and 2 of this series were going to be hell no matter what imo. I'm honestly not worried until we're down 2-0 in the series and we give up the first goal in game 3. Let the thing play out a bit, ffs.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
There are some seriously insane reactions to this game...

What, did you think we'd just mow down everybody? You knew before the playoffs began that there'd be low scoring games and probably an "oh shit" moment or two at some point, where the team finds itself in a hole. Happens to pretty much any team that's ever won anything. Check out how the other teams this playoffs fared when they come out of a grueling series to face a well rested opponent.

Games 1 and 2 of this series were going to be hell no matter what imo. I'm honestly not worried until we're down 2-0 in the series and we give up the first goal in game 3. Let the thing play out a bit, ffs.
You have a point, but 3 straight games with one goal in regulation Is a legit concern. We’ve been here before.

It’s time to deliver

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad