GDT: 9/17 - USA vs. Team Europe - 3:30 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Let's be serious though

What team in this tournament is definitely worse than Team USA?

I'd probably rank them as the 5th or 6th best team at best. Team North America is definitely better, but they just lack experience.

Tired of having to watch all these redundant grinders. Abdelkader, Dubinsky, Backes, all redundant.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Let's be serious though

What team in this tournament is definitely worse than Team USA?

I'd probably rank them as the 5th or 6th best team at best. Team North America is definitely better, but they just lack experience.

Tired of having to watch all these redundant grinders. Abdelkader, Dubinsky, Backes, all redundant.

Exactly the reason the idea Team North America sucks so much. Takes US from a medal contender to also ran. Nobody wanted to listen to me before but oh well.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The problem with team US is not their defense, it's because their forward group is overrated and not as talented as many poeple say so. As far as pure talent, it's pretty much just Kane, the rest are more like grinding kind of forwards. Pavelski, Oshi, Kesler etc..this guys are more suited for NHL playoff grinding games than skilful tournament like this.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Goal differential. Which is why the 3-0 really hurts USA. They got to win the other two games by 3 (at least) more goals than Europe's differential in the two games (if the current score holds). It's a huge uphill battle for USA.

With about 4 minutes left Torts pulls his goalie down 3-0 in a tournament where goal differential determines the tiebreaker. Just stupid. Lucky for USA someone in the press box figured it out and told the bench.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm so glad he's gone from New York. It was torture watching hockey back then. The only way to win was by Lundqvist standing on his head, game after game. Then in the playoffs it got really ridiculous.

Torts can't win without a great goaltender in net. Plain and simple. It's not a coincidence that it all fell apart in Tampa once Khabibulin was out. Lundqvist might've gotten the job done under him but good ol' Torts had to let his ego get the better of him and the team.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Next time try from the puck drop America. Europe owned the USA today. This is bettman and companies worst nightmare. Yeah it's worse then Canada being eliminated because Canadians will still follow it, America is about to tune out.

Anyone in the us tuning in is a true hockey fan and will continue to watch. The casual hockey fan in the US does not even know what the world cup is...... media coverage in the US is almost non existent.....

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Exactly the reason the idea Team North America sucks so much. Takes US from a medal contender to also ran. Nobody wanted to listen to me before but oh well.

That might be true, but there's still a significant gap between where the team is performing right now and what it's capable of.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
It's not ALL on torts, although a goodly part is. Remember, this is burke's team. Team truculent.

burke is every bit the bozo torts is.

True enough. The sooner they get the current minds that are running the show away from USA Hockey the better. We have way too much skill coming up to let it go to waste at the hands of these abject morons. I'm just glad this isn't happening at the Olympics.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

USA shouldn't need young players to be a medal contender, they should be one already.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Try to understand, that Euroteam had first full team meeting like half a day before the first practicegame. Those couple games were perhaps a bit misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad