GDT: 9/17 - USA vs. Team Europe - 3:30 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
This is just projected line up, could change possibly.

Boedker - Kopitar - Zuccarello
Tatar - Nielsen - Hossa
Gaborik - Draisaitl - Niederreiter
Rieder - Bellemare - Hansen

Chara - Josi
Streit - Sekera
Ehrhoff - Sbisa

Halak
Greiss

Parise - Pavelski - Wheeler
Van Riemsdyk - Stepan - Kane
Pacioretty - Kesler - Oshie
Dubinsky - Backes - Palmieri

Suter - Byfuglien
McDonagh - Carlson
J.Johnson - Niskanen

Quick
Bishop

JS91

May 14, 2014
Wow bold move to play Niskanen and both Johnsons over Buff.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
So he just scratched the top scoring American defenseman in the NHL and a 30 goal scorer from the lineup. Torts needs Jesus

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
Wow bold move to play Niskanen and both Johnsons over Buff.

Niskanen is pretty good but the Johnsons over Buff is just baffling but I'm not shocked because of who the decision maker is

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Didn't like McDonagh-Niskanen in the last exhibition game, but that was more due to individual play than working as a pair.

This game will entertaining to watch, I guess...

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
Torts just read the comments of people saying the pools were rigged so the US could make the semifinals and wanted to even things up by benching one of his best players and another one of his best scorers

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Given Torts' recent comments, not all that surprising he's sitting Byfuglien.

I'd feel bad for Team USA but they were the ones who chose such a cantankerous dinosaur.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I wonder if this is the first time that Kopitar and Quick have faced each other in a real game. When USA and Slovenia met in Sochi, Ryan Miller was in net (and Kessel had a hat trick... ha).

Speaking of Kopitar, I didn't watch any of the Team Europe games, but I haven't heard his name at all this tournament. I haven't heard much about Boedker or Zuccarello, either. I guess that teams are heavily focusing on shutting that top line down, which is really opening things up for that 3rd line and Dreiseitl and Gaborik, especially.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I wonder if this is the first time that Kopitar and Quick have faced each other in a real game. When USA and Slovenia met in Sochi, Ryan Miller was in net (and Kessel had a hat trick... ha).

Speaking of Kopitar, I didn't watch any of the Team Europe games, but I haven't heard his name at all this tournament. I haven't heard much about Boedker or Zuccarello, either. I guess that teams are heavily focusing on shutting that top line down, which is really opening things up for that 3rd line and Dreiseitl and Gaborik, especially.

Bödker has been complete cancer, I believe he's benched now. Kopitar had some flashes but nothing too great. Zuccarollo has had some flashes too.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I posted this in another thread, but you could arguably make a better defense out of the American defensemen NOT playing in todays game

Byfuglien
Shattenkirk
Faulk
Yandle
Krug
Goligoski

Un-friggin-believable :facepalm:

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
What was Tortorella's problem with Byfuglien? Why is he not playing? Is he not tough enough for the angry old man?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
My guess is that Tortorella's reasoning is that he expects a speedy and not too physical game, so Byfuglien isn't the best fit. I imagine that he'll play him against Canada... and if Byfuglien is rested and a bit pissed over being scratched for this game, even better.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
I have to think this is Torts way of sayiing "I am in charge here". Sadly. Playing players who just not as good as the ones they are replacing says more about Torts that it says about the players. Must be tough of the players who really want to win this thing. Still, I hope they can win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad