GDT: 9/17 - USA vs. Team Europe - 3:30 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
I don't get why they keep saying that is the USA loses that they must win vs Canada. If the Czechs beat Europe and the USA beats the Czechs and Canada doesn't lose all the teams are tied in the group with one win each. How does a tiebreak work in a situation like that?

It goes by goals differential... not looking good for usa

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I don't get why they keep saying that is the USA loses that they must win vs Canada. If the Czechs beat Europe and the USA beats the Czechs and Canada doesn't lose all the teams are tied in the group with one win each. How does a tiebreak work in a situation like that?

Goal differential. Which is why the 3-0 really hurts USA. They got to win the other two games by 3 (at least) more goals than Europe's differential in the two games (if the current score holds). It's a huge uphill battle for USA.

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA

Combined regulation/OT wins and then goal differential if they're still tied

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
According to a number of American fans here, it's all the coach's fault.

How about Pat Kane?

Obviously the players have to play, and several big names just aren't. I think Torts head scratching moves right before the game have directed focus on him.

canadaishockey4*

Combined regulation/OT wins and then goal differential if they're still tied
Exactly so why do the announcers keep on stressing that tuesdays game for the USA is a must win when it isn't if things go right...

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton

Not sure but I think it is usually goals

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
According to a number of American fans here, it's all the coach's fault.

How about Pat Kane?

Why single out Kane? When every single individual on the team is playing below the expectations they've given us as NHL players then maybe it's a problem bigger than any one of those individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad