GDT: 9/17 - USA vs. Team Europe - 3:30 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Well deserved win by Team Europe. Many wrote them off after their performance against North America, but they flipped a switch against Sweden and it carried over in this game.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
The US did get 35 shots though
It's not like they were outplayed or anything. It was just one of those games where nothing goes your way

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
To be honest though, even if nobody from my country is on the roster I feel kinda proud about this win of team Europe even if it's a creation for marketing purposes. I probably wouldn't root for it vs Swedes, Finns or Czechs, but vs North American teams- sure!

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
That Torts press conference is gonna be gold.

We played like ****! Next question!

A ya ja-*sputter* get the hell out of here with that crap! Next question

We didn't get any traffic in front. He played a hell of a game but that's still no excuse. You gotta create rebound chances and cash in.

Our special teams sucked!! Next question!!

Murky

Jan 28, 2006
That might be true, but there's still a significant gap between where the team is performing right now and what it's capable of.

Exactly. There is easily enough talent in there to perform. Much more than Team Europe or Finland for example. Yet, they did not. A little more talent is not guaranteed to make the difference.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
True enough. The sooner they get the current minds that are running the show away from USA Hockey the better. We have way too much skill coming up to let it go to waste at the hands of these abject morons. I'm just glad this isn't happening at the Olympics.

Yup.

It's like they still don't understand that the team makeup should be different than one you'd build for the grind of a Stanley Cup playoffs.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
The US did get 35 shots though
It's not like they were outplayed or anything. It was just one of those games where nothing goes your way

35 shots, sure, but how many were high quality scoring chances? I watched the last period and a half, and outside of a few high quality ones during a PP, they were mostly shooting through defenders or from the outside.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
The problem with team US is not their defense, it's because their forward group is overrated and not as talented as many poeple say so. As far as pure talent, it's pretty much just Kane, the rest are more like grinding kind of forwards. Pavelski, Oshi, Kesler etc..this guys are more suited for NHL playoff grinding games than skilful tournament like this.

Not sure these guys are the best examples of pure grinders, especially Pavelski.

PennDanzig

R.I.P. PIMP C
Mar 1, 2016
Halak dialed in. But shout out to Torts having Dubinsky/Abdelkader out there with less than 2mins on the clock. lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad