GDT: 9/13/20 - 3:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #6 New York Islanders [ECF Game 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If you sit him out Game 5 and the Lightning lose they'll be forced to play him in games 6 or 7 regardless, making the whole thing Pointless anyways. He might as well play and go for the win.

I get that I could just see them take the same attitude as the last game they held him out. They were close to ot in that game and had the momentum going into it but that bad pass ruined any chance of that. Its just something I could easily see them do.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I get that I could just see them take the same attitude as the last game they held him out. They were close to ot in that game and had the momentum going into it but that bad pass ruined any chance of that. Its just something I could easily see them do.

Difference being, you can't end the series in Game 3 but you can in Game 5.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Difference being, you can't end the series in Game 3 but you can in Game 5.

Thats true I just wonder how hurt he is and how much having him out next game helps him or does it hurt the team more to not have him play? Comes down to that I think.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Dont forget dallas has miro heiskanen too, he will be top 2 defender in a few years or after this year. His IQ is insane and plays a great 2 way with offensive IQ. He is trying to be Finlands victor hedman or roman josi easily.
For sure it's not an easy matchup us vs Dallas.
Probably, in case we have to hope that both Khudobin won't play like a Vezina goalie and Vasy will continue to play at his best

Reactions: gn2007

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Yes he is. And also Bergeron is very good, and Pasta too.
But also Dallas has a good team.
If we don't consider the Boston trio and the Dallas one (pick their 3 best players), do you think Boston is better than the Stars?

I think its hard to compare. Its all about match ups. I dont think boston matches up the same to the stars as we do and we don't match up the same to the stars as we do to the bruins. Vice versa. Also one group of players will handle one group of players one way while wont match up well with another. Even if the team is considered better. Its kinda like how we were awful match ups for the blue jackets but matched up great with Boston but boston handled the blue jackets last year just fine. If we do end up matched up with Dallas in the finals we will have to see in real time how that match up plays out. Especially with injury unknowns. At this stage not easy to say.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I think its hard to compare. Its all about match ups. I dont think boston matches up the same to the stars as we do and we don't match up the same to the stars as we do to the bruins. Vice versa. Also one group of players will handle one group of players one way while wont match up well with another. Even if the team is considered better. Its kinda like how we were awful match ups for the blue jackets but matched up great with Boston but boston handled the blue jackets last year just fine. If we do end up matched up with Dallas in the finals we will have to see in real time how that match up plays out. Especially with injury unknowns. At this stage not easy to say.
Yes, true, it's really hard to analize a possible matchup against Dallas.
We have to see our conditions, how we'll play and also if Stammer will be ready to go and, in case, his conditions.
In this post season, we played well against a team with a finalizer (or more than one, like the Bs) and also against a team without the top scorer (CBJ and, especially NYI so far).
The one ando nly sure thing is that Dallas has many good players in his roster. And it won't be easy.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Kozari and Sutherland reffing the Vegas-Dallas game tonight, which means they likely won't work tomorrow's Lightning game.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
If you sit him out Game 5 and the Lightning lose they'll be forced to play him in games 6 or 7 regardless, making the whole thing Pointless anyways. He might as well play and go for the win.

Not to mention, sit him Game 5 and you lose, now it's a 3-2 series and we've seen 3-2 at this stage go up in flames twice in recent years. The longer you let the Islanders hang around, the more dangerous this series becomes. If Point can play, he plays Game 5. That how it needs to be.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Not to mention, sit him Game 5 and you lose, now it's a 3-2 series and we've seen 3-2 at this stage go up in flames twice in recent years. The longer you let the Islanders hang around, the more dangerous this series becomes. If Point can play, he plays Game 5. That how it needs to be.
Correct.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I don't know what happened to Vegas over the last two weeks, but they just can't get it done. This is a monumental collapse.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
To be honest my hope was to have at least a game 6 of this series...
Now, tomorrow it's a must win for us. Also because I don't want to give Dallas extra days of rest
So do we think after our series ends either us or the islanders get only 1 day off and then start the final?

Or could there be a 2 day break?

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
So do we think after our series ends either us or the islanders get only 1 day off and then start the final?

Or could there be a 2 day break?
In case I'd not be surprised if the NHL will give only 1 day off...
But also if they'll give us/NY 2 days off, if our series will finish after game 7, for example, Dallas will have more days to rest...And I don't want it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad