Post-Game Talk: #9 - 10/27/19 | bruins @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
The biggest issue is that our fanbase cant handle a rebuild really. It's usually a 4 or 5 year process...in year 2 right now.

I think the off season signings sent the "accelerated" message which creates impatience when they still suck THIS much.

Reactions: Shadowtron

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I think the off season signings sent the "accelerated" message which creates impatience when they still suck THIS much.
I kinda agree but the GM can’t intentionally have a less awesome off season just because the team will STILL suck no matter how good or bad his offseason is.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
To me when someone bangs up your best player you need to go out and send a message. The Bruins did that last year with Andersson. That's in that team's DNA. On top of all that we were getting embarrassed and sometimes you just got to let loose a little. So I think Quinn is right--that the Rangers didn't show enough fight tonight.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's not the losing. It's definitely not the losing.

It's the lack of any progress from our prospects. Not asking them to be finished products; just looking for any sort of steps forward.

Chytil, Andersson, Howden, Hajek, Kravtsov, and Kakko in his short time have all hit walls or gone backwards.

The prospects doing well are the ones not playing for the Rangers or our farm team. That's so alarming.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Ugly loss. Ladies and gentleman don't look now but this may be a step backwards to take two steps forward type of season.

Good news is Mika didn't get concussed but the bad news is another injury. This is now the 3rd injury in 4 seasons. That's not a good sign and someone you can't rely on for a team that is so thin depth wise.

I like David Quinn and I want him to succeed, but I'm starting to wonder if he's going to join the gallery of doofuses NY coaching carousel that's gone on the last 2-3 years (McAdoo/Shurmer/Bowles/Gase/Callaway/and you can add Boone to that list if the Yankees come up short next year + I'm not sold on Fizadale). With every Hartford win the pressure is going to continue. He'll survive this year but the future is TBD.

Skjei is atrocious. Losing Beuk as a coach killed him.

I'm not a Henrik hater by any means but the guy is frustrated beyond belief and he's just not that good anymore. Father time has caught up to him. The more of these four goal games he has and the closer his GAA inches to 4 and his Save % goes down to closer below .900 it's going to be very hard to deny Shestyorkin a chance to play at this level.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

It's the lack of any progress from our prospects. Not asking them to be finished products; just looking for any sort of steps forward.

Chytil, Andersson, Howden, Hajek, Kravtsov, and Kakko in his short time have all hit walls or gone backwards.

The prospects doing well are the ones not playing for the Rangers or our farm team. That's so alarming.
100% this. You can't have a successful rebuild if you can't properly develop your prospects

Last edited:
Reactions: Machinehead

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
My only issue with the goal is why the ref didnt blow the play dead when Hank was flat on his back. Otherwise it was Hajeks fault Pastranak hit him
This isn't meant sound rude even though I think it will, but why would there be a whistle? It was a delayed penalty, refs arm went right up to call the trip on 25 immediately. No nyr touched the puck. Same as if a defending player in the d zone appears hurt, they won't blow the whistle unless it's for an extremely serious injury. Nyr d man caused a Boston player to run into his own goalie, why should Boston be negatively affected with a whistle there on the delayed penalty? Boston is the first to touch the puck and they score. That's pretty standard. Really no different in premise than the later goal where nyr d man pushed a bruin into the cease and made contact with the nyr goalie contributing to a goal against.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
To me when someone bangs up your best player you need to go out and send a message. The Bruins did that last year with Andersson. That's in that team's DNA. On top of all that we were getting embarrassed and sometimes you just got to let loose a little. So I think Quinn is right--that the Rangers didn't show enough fight tonight.

Completely agree. Was disappointed to not see more of a response and fire whether physical or otherwise.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
The whole “out working the other team despite not having talent” schtick works in college, not the NHL :dunno:
Who cares how much talent you have if the other team beats you to every puck and dictates the game with their pressure/effort

You need both things in there NHL to be successful. DQ is not right on everything, but he's not wrong regarding the effort of this team. Whoever said it earlier that the guys in the room need to demand a culture of accountability was correct. This looks like a young version of the early 2000 teams at times...

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
If we didn't sign Panarin, trade for Trouba and draft Kakko people would have a lot more patience.

That's a bit of weasel logic don't you think?

The reality of the situation was the fanbase last year didn't want to have a #LosingCulture , and we were actually thinking the Rangers shouldn't hold off on the gas a bit when with the least ROWs in the entire NHL, we were very close to blowing our draft position with a plethora of loser points.

And then fate still decided we would get 2nd OA, and then the Rangers within 10 day. 10 days of if not for the loser point, one of if not THE statically worst season in new York Rangers history, went out and brought in more high paid mercenaries.

I'm not sure which is more absurd: The fans wanting to bring in the pieces so quick this summer, or the fact that they can't even keep a vague picture in their mind of their previous desires and subsequent pitfalls in no less than 2 months time.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Who cares how much talent you have if the other team beats you to every puck and dictates the game with their pressure/effort

You need both things in there NHL to be successful. DQ is not right on everything, but he's not wrong regarding the effort of this team. Whoever said it earlier that the guys in the room need to demand a culture of accountability was correct. This looks like a young version of the early 2000 teams at times...
I don’t disagree that you need to play hard to win.

At some point though you have to wonder why the message isn’t getting through to the team.

This isn’t college, players aren’t dumb. They’ll tune you out if you treat them that way.

Again just my take (as someone who likes Quinn and wanted him hired)

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

I mean Chytil is in the minors, probably should have been last year and that's why he is there but who else has gone backwards? Hajek and Kakko are in their first season, Anderson hasnt played a full season, and Howden is improving. Kravtsov wasnt ready. They are all still kids, have some patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad