3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I'd feel a lot better about the rebuilding process if all our "young" players, besides the 24 year old defenseman that half the board wants to trade, didn't stagnate or decline.
People went into the season saying they'd be fine losing, as long as the youth improves. But as far I can tell, they're just losing.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Pretty terrible game, I was there. Rangers just couldn’t make a play most of the game. Most of the game was survive and chip it off the glass. Bruins would quickly regroup and come right back into the zone and go to work again. Rangers were one and done in the offensive zone. Rinse repeat.

They got outclassed by a team that should be in contention for the cup again.

Pretty big wake up call this game was.

And I can’t even comprehend the team trying compete if Zibanejad is missing games after this one.

Reactions: Tob

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Feels like this game could have had a completely different outcome if:

1). 1st goal the Bruins scored was goalie interference.
2). 2nd goal against never happened.
3). 3rd goal against never happened.
4). 4th goal against never happened.
5). 5th goal against never happened.

We win 4-2 if you take out that tiny sequence.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
How about them wolfpack. What else can be said after this one? just glad Zibby's injury isn't a head injury

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
The biggest issue I see consistently is that we are anything but a hard team to play against. That’s what Quinn wants and it’s anything but that.

When we should hit, we don’t... we we should dump the puck, we don’t... then we we finally should carry the puck in we dump it or make a horrific pass and we CERTAINLY don’t cover the right guys in front of our own net or punish those who set up there.

We are making it VERY easy for any team we play.

Reactions: leetch99 and bl02

lemonybergamot

Jun 2, 2018
New York City
What did he say?

(paraphased & may have forgotten some stuff)
-Doesn't matter if we have skilled guys, game of hockey is to stop a play and prevent that play from happening to you
-We have to battle hard, some guys have not bought into that yet
-Sports is about overcoming adversity
-What happened to Mika is unfortunate, the whole team shouldn't have folded like that

Reactions: mike14

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I've said this multiple times but the answer to all this isn't from Quinn, it's from the room. Until they decide to hold each other accountable the team will look like it's just cashing checks.

There's no leadership because the vets know the season is going nowhere.

Reactions: leetch99 and Kupo

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Uncle Joe making excuses. Never seen a commentator bring up the fact that a bottom 6 player had a personal leave of absence 5 times in a broadcast.
But but but he was going to be on the top line

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Quinn is on the money with that comment. Too many guys trying to thread passes or make the perfect play. They need to up their battle level, and as much as people want to whinge about it, that's not the coaches job. The players have to come to the rink ready to play.

Even Hank said it. They need to know how hard they have to play every night.

Reactions: Kupo

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
He's not wrong

The thing I don't understand with Quinn is what skill players is he calling out? Panarin and Zibanejad are awesome. Kakko is 12 years old. Deangelo has been good. That's basically all the skill on the roster right now.

He can't just come out and say the roster sucks though so I guess that's the soundbite we get.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The thing I don't understand with Quinn is what skill players is he calling out? Panarin and Zibanejad are awesome. Kakko is 12 years old. Deangelo has been good. That's basically all the skill on the roster right now.

He can't just come out and say the roster sucks though so I guess that's the soundbite we get.
Doesn't read like he's calling out the skill guys on the team, at least to me.

And yeah, that's the soundbite we're getting. Coaches only have 20 pages of quotes in a small book they carry with them for soundbites after each game. So they quickly flip through and choose the one closest to how they actually feel. The book is called "NHL Coach Platitudes and You: A Guide"

Reactions: LGR92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad