GDT: #9 – Sabres at Sharks – Sat Oct 25, 4:00PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV – WGR

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
Seriously why hasnt Armia been moved from the minors. Sabres needs changes, Armia is the solution !

Armia has good thing going with Grigo in the A.
Let them marinate this season, and then hopefully make difference next year in the sabres.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
People are figuring this out, finally? The Ted Nolan coaching legend is a myth. He's a placeholder. Patsy for Murray. Hope he doesn't f up some of these kids.

We can't afford to have a patsy coaching the team, even if we're tanking. We can't just write of a year of development for anyone stuck on the NHL roster. I don't even want to se Grigorenko come up at this point, even if he deserves it. Let him actually play and get better somewhere rather than get this ********. Give Nolan what he wants and call up someone with no future and more experience.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
I feel like there is a real chance nolan is gone by 20 games. This is getting every bit as bad as Rolston.
It's even worse. The 'he doesn't know X and O's' is brought up often, but it's to the point where I honestly question if Nolan knows a thing about hockey beyond GRR WORK HARD. How long can the team listen to Nolan and think he's competent.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Why is Nolan's constant refrain about guys "going to the net" resulting in nearly every line seeming to default to 2-3 guys swinging along behind the net, side-to-side, until eventually losing any handle on the digging...

So rarely does any line actually set up and get some puck passing movement in the o-zone. I mean puck passing, not puck swinging along the boards. Passing. Making plays.

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
Huh, 3rd and 4th line looking good. Same old story. :D

Gionta looks great on line with Girgs and Torrey, dunno why Ted decided to move him up. Last two games, when Stewart and Stafford played there, I thought they were not so effective.

Hope Gionta is ok..

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
idk how that isn't boarding. I'm pretty sure Kaleta got suspended for a while on a much weaker board than that last season.

Strexvale

Mar 8, 2007
West Seneca, NY
It's a little thing, but I'd love it if Dunleavey would just use the last names of players instead of their full names every time. Not sure why it bugs me but it does.

So far the Sabres look better, wonder if Reinhart can get his first point tonight, so far Nolan's been happy to roll all four lines.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Huh, 3rd and 4th line looking good. Same old story. :D

Gionta looks great on line with Girgs and Torrey, dunno why Ted decided to move him up. Last two games, when Stewart and Stafford played there, I thought they were not so effective.

Hope Gionta is ok..

Mitchell - Girgensons - Gionta *has* actually looked good, especially for the role expected.

I'm guessing the Gionta/Stafford swap was just Nolan's way of refusing to admit that the Moulson-Ennis duet is broken (aka: blame it on the winger that these two are combining for the worst defensive results while not exactly clicking for much offense).

Stafford, Gionta... today Stewart, tomorrow who knows.

Maybe Moulson-Ennis will get a temporary boost from Stewart's influence and the line will stick. Until it cools and Stewart is replaced for Mitchell or something. Sigh.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
This team is playing pretty well, I think.

Side note, is anyone else having trouble with their TWC feed? I'm about to call the company and ask why I'm paying more than $150 a month for a cable service that's rendering my ability to watch a hockey game nearly impossible due to the constant freezing, skipping, buzzing and blurring. Christ.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Side note, is anyone else having trouble with their TWC feed? I'm about to call the company and ask why I'm paying more than $150 a month for a cable service that's rendering my ability to watch a hockey game nearly impossible due to the constant freezing, skipping, buzzing and blurring. Christ.

Mine is fine.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Is it possible Nolan preaches an offensive "system" of dump, chase, drive net and hope?

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY

Try resetting your box, or, if that doesn't work you may just have to trade it in for a new one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad