GDT: #9 – Sabres at Sharks – Sat Oct 25, 4:00PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV – WGR

Bps21*

Maybe they're trying to see what it will take for Zadorov to punch him in the face. 6 minutes and back to the pressbox. Those 9 games are on pace to take all season.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Maybe they're trying to see what it will take for Zadorov to punch him in the face. 6 minutes and back to the pressbox. Those 9 games are on pace to take all season.

Absolutely asinine.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
The Zadorov situation is definitely confusing as hell. If they don't think he should be in the NHL then send him down and call his agents bluff (if that's actually the issue). Or if they don't want to risk what sending him back might do. Then keep him here and send Strachan down.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
There's a limit to how much you can defend Nolan. It's getting ridiculous now

You mean inject common sense.

They don't want Reinhart tasked with trying to fix things. That posters still do not grasp this is amazing. In that context there is nothing shocking about the moves being made. But everyone wants to see the kids including me. But I get why they doing what they are doing with Reinhart.

Getting mad that they are not putting it on Reinhart to fix things is misguided IMO. They are being overly protective.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

They don't want Reinhart tasked with trying to fix things. That posters still do not grasp this is amazing. In that context there is nothing shocking about the moves being made. But everyone wants to at the kids including me. But I get why they doing what they are doing with Reinhart.

Getting mad that they are not putting it on Reinhart to fix things is misguided IMO. They are being overly protective.

Why do you keep putting it like that, as if anyone expects him to "fix things"?. Pray tell me what the hell you or anyone envisions being "fixed". It has nothing to do with fixing anything, it has to do with top prospect Sam Reinhart playing with at least one actual offensive player and getting power play time, like basically every other high-end prospect in the history of ever. Send him to juniors otherwise. Sam Reinhart isn't being protected playing on a 4th line with talentless linemates. How does going up against other 4th liners protect him? How does not giving him the chance to touch the puck on the 2nd PP unit protect him?

ZeroPT*

They don't want Reinhart tasked with trying to fix things. That posters still do not grasp this is amazing. In that context there is nothing shocking about the moves being made. But everyone wants to see the kids including me. But I get why they doing what they are doing with Reinhart.

What has Foligno done to merit playing more minutes than Reinhart, out of position no less? They shouldn't be over protective. They're being dumb.

All top drafted forwards had similar playing time. 3rd line minutes with sheltered zone starts and competition. You didn't see Mack,Tavares,Stamkos,Hall,Seguin,etc play 6 minutes a night with McCormick.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
What has Foligno done to merit playing more minutes than Reinhart, out of position no less? They shouldn't be over protective. They're being dumb.

All top drafted forwards had similar playing time. 3rd line minutes with sheltered zone starts and competition. You didn't see Mack,Tavares,Stamkos,Hall,Seguin,etc play 6 minutes a night with McCormick.

All this strategy is doing is setting Foligno up for failure. While giving token minutes to Reinhart.... Zadorov pickin his nose in the pressbox

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Hodgson-Foligno-Stafford
Mitchell-Girgensons-Gionta

This is a freakin joke.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

They tried Marcus at center for a few games last season too, this isn't the first.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717 3m3 minutes ago

Reinhart in for Zadorov. Hodgson going back to wing. Foligno moving to center

hahahaha.... ****in Nolan

Um... weird.

They've got 1, as in ONE, center who is actually over 50% in the face-off dot and he's moved to wing? For Foligno? Not Reinhart, but Foligno is now suddenly a top 6 center? Foligno?

Meanwhile Ennis' 34.5% and much poorer defensive game needed a maintenance day, so keep him with Moulson and move up Stewart because they've already run through Stafford and Gionta trying to make the Moulson-Ennis duet work.

I'm guessing Sabres will actually score some goals (statistically something has to break) and magically convince Nolan that any of this makes sense.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
They tried Marcus at center for a few games last season too, this isn't the first.

Right and Nolan said... Marcus belongs on wing...he's a power winger and that's where he needs to be.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
I feel like there is a real chance nolan is gone by 20 games. This is getting every bit as bad as Rolston.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Why do you keep putting it like that, as if anyone expects him to "fix things"?. Pray tell me what the hell you or anyone envisions being "fixed". It has nothing to do with fixing anything, it has to do with top prospect Sam Reinhart playing with at least one actual offensive player and getting power play time, like basically every other high-end prospect in the history of ever. Send him to juniors otherwise. Sam Reinhart isn't being protected playing on a 4th line with talentless linemates. How does going up against other 4th liners protect him? How does not giving him the chance to touch the puck on the 2nd PP unit protect him?

I didn't mean to say you or anyone else expects him to fix things. I'm saying the coaches don't want to put it on Reinhart to help fix their scoring issues or their PP struggles.

And I agree he should be sent to juniors.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Watch Scott lay out Rinehart while playing on the 4th line ...

I'll just laugh.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013

I get what you're saying re: "fix things", though really only because you have earlier/elsewhere much more aptly paraphrased Nolan's claimed rationalizations. (shoulda been a sticky, remember? :D )

But even with getting the whole argument given by Nolan (and explained here so often already), I'm starting to think it was an empty rationalization after all. Mostly because after this long stretch of nothingless in the so-called top 6, there's just no way Reinhart could be plugged in, do poorly, and have it end up somehow screwing his development.

It couldn't possibly knock his confidence that he'd failed where the ENTIRE rest of the team had also been failing, miserably, game after game, and it's not like his physical development puts him behind the 8 ball when we're watching Ennis and Gionta flip-flopping onto the ice every other shift.

I *do* get plugging Reinhart in on the 4th rather than the 3rd, if the 3rd is intended to be more shutdown/checking in drive. But if they're going to take Hodgson out of center and leave Ennis' worse faceoffs and defensive game in, then there's gotta be room for Reinhart in the top 6 mix.

Really, all Nolan's own flip-flopping re: Hodgson at center, without once just realizing that Ennis is the weaker link, and now trying to shove Foligno in as a 2C... Well, I'm reviewing his rationalizations over Reinhart now too.

Crazy.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Right and Nolan said... Marcus belongs on wing...he's a power winger and that's where he needs to be.

Nolan has been saying a lot of things. A few too many things of which don't seem to jive with the lot of things he said only days earlier...

I'm really really really leaning toward getting off the fence on Nolan again. When an entire roster of guys who have previously been able to at least score goals (Moulson, Hodgson, Stafford, Ennis) are floundering for an extended cool period, you gotta look at the common denominator - the coach.

At least look at him...

matzz

Dec 28, 2013
Finland
Seriously why hasnt Armia been moved from the minors. Sabres needs changes, Armia is the solution !

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
Looks like it will be hockey six hours straight this saturday night.
first sabres then amerks. From 11pm to 5am here in finland.

This game will be 3-2 to sabres.
Goals from Reinhart, Ristolainen and Moulson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad