Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
hfb18_gdt_sjs00_gp.png

BUF (1-7-0) at SJS (4-3-1) – SAT OCT 25, 4:00PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TVWGRCHAT

Gameday Headlines

Game Preview: 10/23/14 at SJS – Ian Ott, Sabres PR

Sabres-Sharks Preview – STATS Writer, AP

Sabres hope to continue success vs. Sharks – Brian Hunter, NHL.com

Sharks' McLellan shuffles lines to shore up defense – David Pollak, SJ Mercury News

Sabres shake up lines in San Jose – Chris Ryndak, NHL.com

Sabres desperate to find the net, get some wins – John Vogl, TBN

Previous Headlines

Sabres' scorers come up empty in LA – Chris Ryndak, NHL.com

Kings press advantage over Sabres – John Vogl, TBN

Sabres Notebook: Like father, like son for Nolans – John Vogl, TBN

Sharks lose to Blue Jackets on late goal – Curtis Pashelka, SJ Mercury News​
hfb18_tn.png

BUFFALO SABRES

Projected Lineup

26 Matt Moulson – 63 Tyler Ennis – 80 Chris Stewart
19 Cody Hodgson – 82 Marcus Foligno – 21 Drew Stafford
17 Torrey Mitchell – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 12 Brian Gionta
44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 23 Sam Reinhart – 8 Cody McCormick
x: 65 Brian Flynn

4 Josh Gorges – 57 Tyler Myers
6 Mike Weber – 41 Andrej Meszaros
61 Andre Benoit – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
x: 51 Nikita Zadorov – 24 Tyson Strachan

34 Michal Neuvirth
1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

Matt Hackett (knee) and Patrick Kaleta (face) remain on injured reserve, but Kaleta's been skating
in a non-contact jersey and full-face shield.

According to the Stats

Buffalo's won the last three games in San Jose and is 8-1-0 overall vs the Sharks since 2007-08.​
hfb18_on.png

SAN JOSE SHARKS

Projected Lineup

12 Patrick Marleau – 39 Logan Couture – 15 James Sheppard
48 Tomas Hertl – 19 Joe Thornton – 83 Matthew Nieto
50 Chris Tierney – 8 Joe Pavelski – 57 Tommy Wingels
20 John Scott – 10 Andrew Desjardins – 37 Adam Burish
x: 25 Tye McGinn, 81 Tyler Kennedy

44 Marc-Edouard Vlasic – 61 Justin Braun
52 Matt Irwin – 88 Brent Burns
41 Mirco Mueller – 27 Scott Hannan
x: 5 Jason Demers

32 Alex Stalock
31 Antti Niemi

Lineup News & Notes

Raffi Torres (knee) remains on San Jose's injury list, while Tyler Kennedy (UBI) could make his
season debut and is a gameday decision. Also, Eriah Hayes was reassigned to Worcester on Friday.

According to the Stats

After opening the season with two shutouts, San Jose allowed 25 goals in their next six games.​
hfb18_mm.png

NHL VIDEOCENTER

Buffalo Sabres
(for the latest videos, visit what's new)

[NHL]652884[/NHL]

San Jose Sharks (for the latest videos, visit what's new)

[NHL]652869[/NHL]​

Last edited:

BuffaloKatanas

Jan 11, 2014
Boca Raton, FL
I just don't understand playing Reinhart on the 4th line. The way our organization develops talent is the real reason we are in this rebuild in the first place. It seems that prospects are great until they get here and then they go downhill (ala Myers). We are slowly getting better, but seriously, I am already tired of Nolan.

Arthur

Jun 8, 2012
I just don't understand playing Reinhart on the 4th line. The way our organization develops talent is the real reason we are in this rebuild in the first place. It seems that prospects are great until they get here and then they go downhill (ala Myers). We are slowly getting better, but seriously, I am already tired of Nolan.
Something tells me we will be talking about this all season long. That, and whether McDavid will land in Buffalo or not :nod:

Moncton man

Jan 11, 2011
Moncton, NB
Sabres have a 1 in 5 shot of landing McDavid if they finish last. Maybe they'll get lucky and he'll hold out if any team other than Buffalo drafts him!??

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

My red-flag on whether Nolan is truly a proper development coach is cranking up slowly. I don't mind being the laughingstock of the league because we're tanking, but people are starting to take notice that we are deliberately ****ing with our top prospects at a time when we should be focused on nothing so hard as developing them properly.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
I'm assuming Zadorov is gonna be scratched in this game as well.....

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Scary that only 8 games into the season 'lil Ennis already needed a "maintenance" day. His big saving grace is that he puts his heart on the ice (literally, lol); hopefully he can find a way to do that and not get himself truly creamed.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
After the la game I see no reason why zadorov is not in the lineup. I'd also have reinhart in a better role too but at least I can understand if they are concerned about him physically getting beat up. With nikita the situation is either the nhl or a non ahl league. Thats an easy choice. Yes he needs to get smarter in his positioning but its pretty clear to me the only league that's going to challenge him physically enough to force that learning curve is the nhl. In some ways he is the freakiest athlete the sabres have had ever. The kid needs to be challenged by nhl speed and strength. He needs to know that guys like doughty can embarrass him. He needs to learn that while he is gifted he also needs to use his head to use those skills properly. Some players can do that analytically while at a lower level. Other guys cough lindros cough, are too enthralled with their power to think about the bad habits. Zadorov strikes me as cocky in a good way, but that needs to be tempered by being shown he is not the only freak out there. He's not learning that in the O against underdeveloped kids he gets to manhandle.

Just as a ps. I'm not saying he destroyed the ohl in points or dominating performances. I saw several games last year online and one live in erie. He looked like what he is. A bored kid that knows he can turn it on when he wants to physically. His growth needs to happen out of juniors and since the ahl is not an option he should be on the third pair getting to see where he actually is as a player vs what he thinks he is at.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
I thought Mitchell - Girgs - Gionta was a really good shutdown line the last time they played together. A lot of D-zone starts and a whole lot of puck possession.

Girgs probably won't get any points playing this way, but they are pretty effective together.

Also, with the way the Sabres have played the past couple of games, I really wouldn't be surprised if they got a point or two out of this.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717 3m3 minutes ago

Reinhart in for Zadorov. Hodgson going back to wing. Foligno moving to center

hahahaha.... ****in Nolan

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Wow. Seriously, what the **** is the point of Reinhart alternating between being scratched and playing 6 minutes a night with our least skilled wingers? Foligno as a top 9 center over him now?

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Wow. Seriously, what the **** is the point of Reinhart alternating between being scratched and playing 6 minutes a night with our least skilled wingers? Foligno as a top 9 center over him now?

Could not tell you..... Most rookies are getting 14 plus a night, Reinhart 6. If Samson was in Edmonton right now getting top 9 minutes, methinks he would have a point or two by now like Draisaitl. Once Kaleta is healthy, Samson will likely be returned and we will have a spare scratch forward. Zadorov is the even weirder situation.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo

http://gifstumblr.com/images/never-go-full-Pejorative Slur_1271.gif

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@BuffNewsVogl: Nolan on Hodgson to wing: "We’ll save his energy for the offensive zone, which he’s known for, and get Marcus to do the gut work down low."

I'm assuming this means those two are still together. Who is the other winger? Stafford still?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad