Proposal: 88 swap- Kane for Nylander++

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Age aside, Patty kane at 5.25 million is amazing. Helps our cap and we get the better player. I think kane still has some years to give personally.

OLUSAF

Sep 8, 2007
As a Leafs fan I do this without question and I also think Chicago gets great value.

I think that if Buffalo is an option for Kane than Toronto is not out of reason, players and media have lived in Buffalo but worked/played in Toronto.

Similar to Hall choosing to sign with Buffalo after buying a house in Toronto.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I think at 50% that is a great proposal for CHI in their rebuild since Nylander will fit more to their core age and getting Amirov + 1st is always good. However, I think CHI needs to keep a few veterans to hold the wheel during the rebuild and with Toews already absent, Kane is kind of the guy in charge of the boat right.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
leafs pass easily. leafs keep the kid that is 8 years younger, 3.5 cap space. and the ++

Kane turns 33 this year. no doubt he is better than Nylander but leafs done need an upgrade at RW, especially a guy that costs 10.5

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I think at 50% that is a great proposal for CHI in their rebuild since Nylander will fit more to their core age and getting Amirov + 1st is always good. However, I think CHI needs to keep a few veterans to hold the wheel during the rebuild and with Toews already absent, Kane is kind of the guy in charge of the boat right.

wait Nylander, Amirov and a 1st for Kane

noooooooooooooo

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
wait Nylander, Amirov and a 1st for Kane

noooooooooooooo

leafs pass easily. leafs keep the kid that is 8 years younger, 3.5 cap space. and the ++

Kane turns 33 this year. no doubt he is better than Nylander but leafs done need an upgrade at RW, especially a guy that costs 10.5

Its kane at 50% you dunce. Try reading the entire post first

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
As a Leafs fan I do this without question and I also think Chicago gets great value.

I think that if Buffalo is an option for Kane than Toronto is not out of reason, players and media have lived in Buffalo but worked/played in Toronto.

Similar to Hall choosing to sign with Buffalo after buying a house in Toronto.

This narrative that Kane wants to play in his hometown needs to die.

I think he’d go anywhere if it meant a chance at a cup.

I don’t think he’d approve a trade this year. Just had a kid, wife is from Chicago. Also kane (like Toews) lives in Chicago year round now. It’s certainly possible (probable?) that he never wears another sweater.

Last edited:

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
It's good value but I'm not sure we can afford the price. A point a game player and two firsts/top prospects is a big price for a year and a half of Kane.

That being said, his presence in dressing room would be huge.

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Nylander is no Kane, he doesn't drive the play like him.
But ... He's about 8 Years Younger and is scoring nearly at a point per game.

The difference between them isn't 2 first rounders, especially when Kane's contract ends in 2023.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
As a Habs fan I sure hope toronto is stupid enough to do that. Wouldn't do Nylander for Kane one for one let alone add a bunch of assets. Not for a 32 year old Kane at over 10 million a year. Nylander is the only elite talent signed to a reasonable contract the leafs have and odds are by year 2 or 3 Nylander is better than a declining kane.

Ledge And Dairy

As a Habs fan I sure hope toronto is stupid enough to do that. Wouldn't do Nylander for Kane one for one let alone add a bunch of assets. Not for a 32 year old Kane at over 10 million a year. Nylander is the only elite talent signed to a reasonable contract the leafs have and odds are by year 2 or 3 Nylander is better than a declining kane.
You are aware this deal is Kane at 5.25M not 10.5M right? That would instantly be the highest value contract in the league

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
You are aware this deal is Kane at 5.25M not 10.5M right? That would instantly be the highest value contract in the league

Yeah, edited post. Could be decent swap one for one without any adds. Anything over that I'm not sure why toronto would do it other than a one year YOLO. Doubt Kane is better than Nylander for more than a season with age. Then again, I'm a nylander fan and not a fan of teams acquiring a 30+ player.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Value isn’t bad coming to Chicago, but

1) I would be shocked if Kane plays for another team and he would need to say he wants to in order to me moved... Chicago wouldn’t do it without his blessing obviously, 2) Kane is THE guy/leader for Chicago right now, 3) Chicago is trending back up... pretty hard.

They have even more new euros who are playing extremely well and a new goalie playing insanely well, they were already the youngest team in the playoffs last year, and will get Toews (hopefully) and Dach back end of this year or next.

Just doesn’t make sense to me.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Tough trade to make. Toronto gives up a ton of future for a legit top3 winger, in the hopes of winning a cup in the next few years.

A GM has to have some big balls to make a move like that.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Value isn’t bad coming to Chicago, but

1) I would be shocked if Kane plays for another team and he would need to say he wants to in order to me moved... Chicago wouldn’t do it without his blessing obviously, 2) Kane is THE guy/leader for Chicago right now, 3) Chicago is trending back up... pretty hard.

They have even more new euros who are playing extremely well and a new goalie playing insanely well, they were already the youngest team in the playoffs last year, and will get Toews (hopefully) and Dach back end of this year or next.

Just doesn’t make sense to me.

Yeah I see it as a short term step back. And I can promise you it would be VERY unpopular in the lockerroom.

PK is gonna be good well into his 30s, so this idea that he’s gonna suddenly turn into a 50 point winger is stupid.

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
Yeah I see it as a short term step back. And I can promise you it would be VERY unpopular in the lockerroom.

PK is gonna be good well into his 30s, so this idea that he’s gonna suddenly turn into a 50 point winger is stupid.

Right, he's the type of player that should be at least top 6 for 5+ years, and should definitely live out the rest of his contract as a top-line player.

I don't see how this doesn't help the Leafs in the next 2.5 years, which would be the main part of their window.

Reactions: HawksDub89

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Way too many young assets. The Leafs are fine getting older around the edges and with our depth pieces, but we're not going to make our core older this early on.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00