OT: 83rd Obsequious Banter Thread: Balls to the Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
My girlfriend has it on the wall in her bedroom behind the bed. Looks pretty good.

Hell, wallpaper is making a comeback, you'll be fine
Wallpaper can suck my dick. Who wallpapers a ceiling. Honestly? Worst year of my damn life fighting with that glue reactivating and bleeding through multiple layers of paint.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Anyone have shiplap in their home? Can anyone convince me that it won’t be like wood paneling 10 years from now?
I’m thinking on doing my stairway in it to protect the walls from the kids and laundry basket dings
We did the whole nursery before our first kid. Made it cheaper by using 1/4" plywood and cutting to 8" width then painting it all white. It was a lot of work but came out really seriously nice looking. That was 5 years ago now and it still looks great. I don't see it going the route of wood paneling at all. It's much more tasteful IMHO.

Do it.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I had painted paneling in my kitchen until my remodel which took forever....still don't have my fridge! Anyway, left that paneling wayyyy too long. It didn't look too bad but the kitchen was way too dated. I had other more important stuff done beforehand though....ac system, windows, blown in insulation, enlarged my deck etc. My bedroom has wallpaper....it's pretty neutral but has to go....

My sat was spent installing a hydraulic bidet system on my toilet. Works wonderfully although water pressure is pretty damn strong...lol. I am still happy with my new poo loo....should have done it long ago.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
We did the whole nursery before our first kid. Made it cheaper by using 1/4" plywood and cutting to 8" width then painting it all white. It was a lot of work but came out really seriously nice looking. That was 5 years ago now and it still looks great. I don't see it going the route of wood paneling at all. It's much more tasteful IMHO.

Do it.
Pic?

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I had painted paneling in my kitchen until my remodel which took forever....still don't have my fridge! Anyway, left that paneling wayyyy too long. It didn't look too bad but the kitchen was way too dated. I had other more important stuff done beforehand though....ac system, windows, blown in insulation, enlarged my deck etc. My bedroom has wallpaper....it's pretty neutral but has to go....

My sat was spent installing a hydraulic bidet system on my toilet. Works wonderfully although water pressure is pretty damn strong...lol. I am still happy with my new poo loo....should have done it long ago.
I can’t get past using a communal towel to wipe your asses with.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I know you didn't ask me, but found a pic that my gf sent me when she had hers done.

IMG_20210605_200835.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad