Post-Game Talk: #81 | Blue Jackets at Flyers | April 11, 2023

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Fantilli would be a nice consolation prize, but the last time we had the 2nd overall pick we all know how that went, the Flyers can’t have anything nice without things going awry.

The string of bad luck and misfortune is outrageous. Sure, some has been self-inflicted but at some point Murphy and his Laws needs to swing his axe in the right direction.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Did not watch the game but went to the stat sheet for a look . With good ole Rocky coaching Little Claude and Shit truck player more mins combined than JVR and Allison . Last timed he coached Shit truck had his season high in mins .
That's our offensive coach baby lol .

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The officials did Columbus a solid letting that interference go on the OT winner.

As it is, CBJ fans must have been having a fit they tied it in the 3rd to secure a point.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
The box is also edible
thats-what-she-said-michael-scott.gif

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
At the 81 games mark, nearing the hilltop 82, I've got to ask. These are outstanding but I never actually understood them, lol. Who are these people? (And why isn't the mix of Stalin and Jeff K no longer there?)

What's your expressionist message? Flyers fans no doubt decipher these on the fly, but I'm left wondering. Admiring, but wondering.

(Before you ask, Fisto sucks every ass, Torts is dishonest, and posters like Deadhead are amusing in their rhetorical gymnastics to twist said two facts of life into positives. But that's beside the point.)

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ginning actually looked like a NHL player. Skating is pretty smooth for a big guy, nice passer, didn't chase hits. Doesn't have much of an offensive game, but we're talking 3rd pair D-man here.

Tippett showed he's got some scoring chops, not as good a shot as Foerster, but good enough that 26 goals wasn't a fluke. I don't think his upside is higher than 30 or so, but he could be a consistent 20-30 goal scorer, and that ain't bad. If he can improve his defense and maybe become a decent PK guy with his speed, might be a solid piece going forward.

26 goals ties him with Cole Caufield (and 8 other players at #70), and Tippett offers more off the puck.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
At the 81 games mark, nearing the hilltop 82, I've got to ask. These are outstanding but I never actually understood them, lol. Who are these people? (And why isn't the mix of Stalin and Jeff K no longer there?)

What's your expressionist message? Flyers fans no doubt decipher these on the fly, but I'm left wondering. Admiring, but wondering.

(Before you ask, Fisto sucks every ass, Torts is dishonest, and posters like Deadhead are amusing in their rhetorical gymnastics to twist said two facts of life into positives. But that's beside the point.)

Well, you know how you can't always "explain" art? You also can't always explain dumb pictures on the internet. I can tell you where they come from - the overwhelming reserves of spite I possess bubble up in my blast furnace and produce these visions in my head, and then I go into Photoshop and try to reproduce them. It's like typing up all the hatred I feel for the pieces of shit who have ruined this franchise, only without the typing.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Ginning actually looked like a NHL player. Skating is pretty smooth for a big guy, nice passer, didn't chase hits. Doesn't have much of an offensive game, but we're talking 3rd pair D-man here.

Tippett showed he's got some scoring chops, not as good a shot as Foerster, but good enough that 26 goals wasn't a fluke. I don't think his upside is higher than 30 or so, but he could be a consistent 20-30 goal scorer, and that ain't bad. If he can improve his defense and maybe become a decent PK guy with his speed, might be a solid piece going forward.

26 goals ties him with Cole Caufield (and 8 other players at #70), and Tippett offers more off the puck.

We knew no matter how Ginning looked you were coming here to praise him.

Again with the real roster Tippett ain't seeing the ice enough to score 26 this season... maybe 15-18 but probably not even 20.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013

Ginning looked ok at times and just not good overall. A lot of puck watching in front of the net, turnovers and losing battles. For a 24 year old 6’3 200+ lbs shut down D , I think there’s better options out there.
Remember, this was a Columbus team with 1/2 of their AHL team playing last night

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We knew no matter how Ginning looked you were coming here to praise him.

Again with the real roster Tippett ain't seeing the ice enough to score 26 this season... maybe 15-18 but probably not even 20.
That's one of the points of a rebuild, since nothing is at stake you can give players like Tippett and Frost real PT and let them work though mistakes, or move Cates to center or put York on the first pair.

Florida didn't have the patience to develop Tippett, the way TB didn't have the patience to develop Verhaeghe. One way to find talent is identify talented players who are blocked on playoff teams and struggling to develop their game, and pick them up on the cheap. Something Hextall and Fletcher generally failed to do, but give CF some credit, the G trade is looking very good for a rebuilding team.

If Ginning looked like crap, I would have said so, the way I pointed out that Lycksell looked out of place when he came up. Or Zamula looked much better the second time he came up this season.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That's one of the points of a rebuild, since nothing is at stake you can give players like Tippett and Frost real PT and let them work though mistakes, or move Cates to center or put York on the first pair.

Florida didn't have the patience to develop Tippett, the way TB didn't have the patience to develop Verhaeghe. One way to find talent is identify talented players who are blocked on playoff teams and struggling to develop their game, and pick them up on the cheap. Something Hextall and Fletcher generally failed to do, but give CF some credit, the G trade is looking very good for a rebuilding team.

If Ginning looked like crap, I would have said so, the way I pointed out that Lycksell looked out of place when he came up. Or Zamula looked much better the second time he came up this season.

Since nothing is at stake, how come the youth movement you told us Tortorella would force in such a situation hasn't happened? Running out of time here, and still watching things like Braun for no reason.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

If Atkinson (a Torts guy) is healthy Tippet is 3RW and no higher with TK and Cam here. Get that now?????

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Atkinson (a Torts guy) is healthy Tippet is 3RW and no higher with TK and Cam here. Get that now?????
So? The first three lines got similar minutes and were juggled all season.

Tippett has been used at LW, and Atkinson probably would have been.
So if he performed, Tippett would have gotten similar minutes even with Atkinson healthy.
We simply wouldn't have seen MacEwen, Allison or Lemieux get top 9 minutes.

Tippett is similar to Frost, the raw talent was always there, it took them both time to translate that skill into production on the ice, Tippett had to slow down a bit, Frost had to focus more (especially on defense) and be more consistent. Both have upside left, how much more they'll improve the next couple years remains to be seen.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
So? The first three lines got similar minutes and were juggled all season.

Tippett has been used at LW, and Atkinson probably would have been.
So if he performed, Tippett would have gotten similar minutes even with Atkinson healthy.
We simply wouldn't have seen MacEwen, Allison or Lemieux get top 9 minutes.

Tippett is similar to Frost, the raw talent was always there, it took them both time to translate that skill into production on the ice, Tippett had to slow down a bit, Frost had to focus more (especially on defense) and be more consistent. Both have upside left, how much more they'll improve the next couple years remains to be seen.
JvR and Farabee.... Third LW too... read the roster.... Torts would play all of TK, Cam, JvR and Farabee over Tippett when healthy. And the minutes would go higher for lines 1 and 2 because then he'd think he could compete for the playoffs. Not a cup but the playoffs.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Sucks they didn't get that 13th OTL to tie the all time record. Maybe it will happen tomorrow.

Reactions: Nizzle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad