OT: 80th Obsequious Banter Thread: Do You Believe In Miracles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I mean I most likely will get the jab....prolly have to if they institute vaccine passports so I can go to Italy in 2022 hopefully. Having said this....I never get the flu shot and I would say I had the flu maybe 2-3 times in my adult lifetime. I think I had some kind of COVID variant in Dec-Feb 2019/20 which I have posted on this board. Don't know for sure but most likely...too many signs. I think my natural immune system is pretty strong in general and in all of this talk about antibodies...not enough about T cells which plays a big part. You still can transmit with the vaccine and boosters will be required. Have some concerns also about mRNA tech although not in any anti-vaccer way...more from the science. I mean our bodies are so complex and it is not a one size fits all situation. My mom has oedema and gets bruising from clots...the mRNA vaccine may cause some problems for her down the line. Prefer she get the J&J but most likely will get one of the mRNA ones. My dad got the Pfizer one....second shot end of month. He was fine with his first. As far as now testing kids to get the vaccine....I am not sure it is necessary...their immune systems have proven pretty resilient and again not like the vaccine will stop them being little germ pods that can transmit. Lots of cognitive dissonance with the vaccines but definitely interesting to follow without going down conspiracy type rabbit holes.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I got jabbed with the J&J vaccine late Thursday afternoon. Woke up the next morning with the worst headache of my life and a full throbbing body ache. Throughout the next day my brain was a foggy mess. Thankful that my immune system reacted this way though! I feel a lot less stress going to work now (& to the grocery store, etc).

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I mean I most likely will get the jab....prolly have to if they institute vaccine passports so I can go to Italy in 2022 hopefully. Having said this....I never get the flu shot and I would say I had the flu maybe 2-3 times in my adult lifetime. I think I had some kind of COVID variant in Dec-Feb 2019/20 which I have posted on this board. Don't know for sure but most likely...too many signs. I think my natural immune system is pretty strong in general and in all of this talk about antibodies...not enough about T cells which plays a big part. You still can transmit with the vaccine and boosters will be required. Have some concerns also about mRNA tech although not in any anti-vaccer way...more from the science. I mean our bodies are so complex and it is not a one size fits all situation. My mom has oedema and gets bruising from clots...the mRNA vaccine may cause some problems for her down the line. Prefer she get the J&J but most likely will get one of the mRNA ones. My dad got the Pfizer one....second shot end of month. He was fine with his first. As far as now testing kids to get the vaccine....I am not sure it is necessary...their immune systems have proven pretty resilient and again not like the vaccine will stop them being little germ pods that can transmit. Lots of cognitive dissonance with the vaccines but definitely interesting to follow without going down conspiracy type rabbit holes.

I've never gotten a flu shot, and I don't know if I've ever had the flu. No way I would not get vaccinated against this though. Whole different ballgame.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I've never gotten a flu shot, and I don't know if I've ever had the flu. No way I would not get vaccinated against this though. Whole different ballgame.
Tend to agree. I recall maybe 2x definitely having the flu....not sure of the other times what it was but I do get bronchitis very easy when I get a regular cold. Not lookin forward to some of the side effects being reported...my friend got some pretty bad but he was clear in a couple of days. He got side effects both times....I know though he is going through lots of stress with the loss of his job and all. Guessing his immune system was weak as is..

It is interesting to read that for those that had COVID already..one shot may be enough so the J&J one would seem to be ideal or just taking one shot of the mRNA ones...

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Interesting how people who have not have had side effects from the shots are questioning if they are working. That thought was in the back of my mind. How do we know if it worked?

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Interesting how people who have not have had side effects from the shots are questioning if they are working. That thought was in the back of my mind. How do we know if it worked?

Did you get vaccinated against tetanus? Measles? If you have a dog, was your dog vaccinated against rabies? How do you if those vaccinations worked?

Reactions: Young Sandwich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad