GDT: #80 - Predators vs. Sabres at 7 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Well yeah its a bad take that's for sure.
How many times have you seen him try a rush, stickhandle quickly in a half-Tage-toe-drag, and then let this limp wrister go that usually gets blocked and skitters into the corner? That's his signature "hands" move in the NHL. He stickhandles like he's using a corn stalk as a hockey stick.

It looks really impressive in settings where he has a lot of space, but I don't think I've ever him come out of the vicinity of an NHL opponent with the puck still on his stick. And I actually pointed out, when we drafted him, that a lot of the "flourish" in his stickhandling highlights actually didn't involve cradling the puck, the stick would wiggle back and forth on either side without even touching it. Opposing NHL defensemen just laugh, shiver his stick away, and take the puck.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I love how the call ups are always looking to the slot or front of the net to dish the puck.

I hate how the vets peel off and are staring at the point

Reactions: kirby11

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
How many times have you seen him try a rush, stickhandle quickly in a half-Tage-toe-drag, and then let this limp wrister go that usually gets blocked and skitters into the corner? That's his signature "hands" move in the NHL. He stickhandles like he's using a corn stalk as a hockey stick.

It looks really impressive in settings where he has a lot of space, but I don't think I've ever him come out of the vicinity of an NHL opponent with the puck still on his stick. And I actually pointed out, when we drafted him, that a lot of the "flourish" in his stickhandling highlights actually didn't involve cradling the puck, the stick would wiggle back and forth on either side without even touching it. Opposing NHL defensemen just laugh, shiver his stick away, and take the puck.
you seem to have an agenda against him when he's a 20 year old with a 25+ point season playing depth on the Sabres..he hasn't been nearly as bad as you are making him out to be.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017

He's a 19 year old rookie playing as a 2nd line center, give him time to improve.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
That was such a stupid decision by Nelson to shoot there, there was noone in front.

Although having noone in front is a product of the coaching staff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad