GDT: #80|Pittsburgh at Detroit Rock City looking for Kiss|Tuesday, April 2nd 7:30pm|LCA|FS-D+, ATTSN-PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Wings are like 7-2-1 in their last 10 with an absolute joke of a roster. If we lose, that's embarrassing no matter how many injuries people point out as being the reason why. Because even with those people out, having Sid, Guentzel, McCann, Bjugstad, Kessel, Schultz, Maatta, and Murray in net should mean we ****ing roll these guys.

Yeah, I don't really understand why some folks think it's unreasonable to expect this Pens team to still be able to score more than 2 goals even with Malkin and Letang out.

Crosby - 33
Guentzel - 38
Rust - 18
Kessel - 24
McCann - 19
Hornqvist - 18

That's six guys on pace for 20+ goals, with two of them over 30 goals. And that doesn't include Bjugstad, who is scoring at a 20 goal pace since joining the Pens. Most teams would kill for that kind of firepower, even sans Geno and Tanger.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yeah, I don't really understand why some folks think it's unreasonable to expect this Pens team to still be able to score more than 2 goals even with Malkin and Letang out.

Crosby - 33
Guentzel - 38
Rust - 18
Kessel - 24
McCann - 19
Hornqvist - 18

That's six guys on pace for 20+ goals, with two of them over 30 goals. And that doesn't include Bjugstad, who is scoring at a 20 goal pace since joining the Pens. Most teams would kill for that kind of firepower, even sans Geno and Tanger.

Because Dumo, Letang and Geno make up nearly 25% of our cap and are essential to our depth which allows the above list of players more space on the ice to put up numbers?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Because Dumo, Letang and Geno make up nearly 25% of our cap and are essential to our depth which allows the above list of players more space on the ice to put up numbers?

So in a hypothetical world where Geno and Letang don't play for the Pens, you think those guys wouldn't have anywhere close to those totals without them?

Also, it's not factoring in that the team can still generate 40 shots on net. It would be one thing if without Geno/Letang, the Pens were struggling to even get 20+ shots. But they're still, by and large, getting the shots. They're simply snake bit about burying the chances they get. I don't think Geno and Letang affect the offense to the degree we go from 4+ goals per game to struggling to score 2.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
we should be able to win with the injuries. But Detroit is playing well lately. This isn't some joke of a team right now. It wouldn't be some embarrassment or sign that we aren't good enough for the playoffs if we lose.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
we should be able to win with the injuries. But Detroit is playing well lately. This isn't some joke of a team right now. It wouldn't be some embarrassment or sign that we aren't good enough for the playoffs if we lose.
They got a lot of speed upfront. And they're feelin it right now. I think a win tonight will be difficult. Hopefully we keep it simple and play our customary road game (of late).

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
While true, it's not like we're playing like ass either. So even with or without Dumoulin, the Pens should be able to pull out of this one with a win. Both teams have earned 14pts in their last 10 games, Pens 6-2-2 and Wings 7-3-0.

It'd take some moronic coaching decisions to lose.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
So in a hypothetical world where Geno and Letang don't play for the Pens, you think those guys wouldn't have anywhere close to those totals without them?

Also, it's not factoring in that the team can still generate 40 shots on net. It would be one thing if without Geno/Letang, the Pens were struggling to even get 20+ shots. But they're still, by and large, getting the shots. They're simply snake bit about burying the chances they get. I don't think Geno and Letang affect the offense to the degree we go from 4+ goals per game to struggling to score 2.

San Jose, Vegas and Boston have all lost to Detroit in their last five games.

There are plenty of things to get frustrated about.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
While true, it's not like we're playing like ass either. So even with or without Dumoulin, the Pens should be able to pull out of this one with a win. Both teams have earned 14pts in their last 10 games, Pens 6-2-2 and Wings 7-3-0.

It'd take some moronic coaching decisions to lose.
I really don't think so. There's no team in the NHL so bad that you can't just lose on a given night to them. Again, I'd say we are favored even all things considered. But it's not some crazy lopsided game where the only way we lose is because we blow it.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I really don't think so. There's no team in the NHL so bad that you can't just lose on a given night to them. Again, I'd say we are favored even all things considered. But it's not some crazy lopsided game where the only way we lose is because we blow it.
We need MM to stand strong in the 1st, hopefully we get a lead.

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad